Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingfish
    replied
    Here is kind of what LST looks like. The main point is never let the main top be the tallest part of the plant.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Nute. Great looking start you have. And now you've topped them right? I just top my photos and tie the base to the container and pull the top down LST anchor that down. That's all i'd do if it's your first time growing. They look real healthy, and you can veg longer I go 2 months before I flip 12/12 just to train and get them bigger roots. But your good to go anytime now or wait up to you. Peace

Leave a comment:

• DingusKhan
    replied
    But if it isn't clear from what Mr.furley and Tersky said, you could give them at least a couple weeks of growth before flipping, let them get bigger before you flip them. If you were to train her to grow out sideways, and spread her branches out to form a wide bush before you flip, you would get A LOT more pot when you're done.

On the other hand, if you flipped now, you would be that much closer to finishing with a smaller yield, but FINISHED (as opposed to some problem comes along to kill your grow, and you end up with nothing) and putting finished pot that you grew at home up to dry and then cure in jars.

Big jar of pot is better than small jar of pot. But small jar of pot is better than no pot at all. How lucky do you feel?

Leave a comment:

• Tersky
    replied
    Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!

I personally like main-lining or manifolding. I find it helps get an even canopy but there are too many to really mention in a post (hence the link). You may have trouble mixing indica and sativa in the same tent but you could always get plant risers for the indicas.

Here are pics of my recent/current grows. Just getting back after a 2 year hiatus so not my best grows but it gives you an idea. These plants are either main-lined or quad-lined but if you have never trained a plant start with the lst then move into the hst.
    Last edited by Tersky; 12-08-2019, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    This is a great article on the gwe website

Low Stress Training is like bonsai for cannabis plants. Plants are trained to grow flat and wide, which forces them to produce many big buds instead of just one or two. As a result, LST gives you bigger yields without changing your setup!

I dabble a little bit with low stress training and have a link at the bottom. 👇

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    replied
    Here they are today
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    replied
    I pinched the tops already so some advise on LST Training would be awesome maybe pic or two

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    replied
    Sorry lst training

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    replied
    Also I have never lost trained a plant. Do I need to purchase a scrogg net

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    replied
    Yes seven feet tall or 80 inches. Most are indica except the one on the right is pinapple chunk might wait another week or so

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    Mr.furley Ha, beat me to it. I am assuming you have a 7’ tall tent? Be prepared to do some arithmetic in knowing when you will have to flip. Subtract the equipment from the top and the divide that in half... a few inches before, you’ll flip as that flowering stretch can double the height and in a few cases, triple it....you get several additional thoughts so, write them down and sequence accordingly
    Last edited by Farmall; 12-08-2019, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Howdy Nute
    to me they look to be the perfect age to top and start training with some LST. How much vertical space do you have?

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    replied
    These are 5 gallon pots in 5x5 tent. Using general hydroponics flora trio

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    started a topic Can I get some of the pros opinions

Can I get some of the pros opinions

Need some help any help on things I should or could do before flipping into flower. And when to flip.
    on another note I have one sp250 and will add one more for flowering
    Attached Files

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X