No announcement yet.

Light the Grow Gher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDU There is a park called Whistlers lovely has yurt and full hookups for camping. It's a small park they have Frisbee tournaments few times a year lawn golf?? Anyhow it's on the north Umpqua river. It's less than 2mi from my house.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a GWE rally in the making! It's a gorgeous park with a nice campground.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I can already see the cloud of smoke hoverin over that rally all the way from Salem!!! I can't wait, I been in Oregon for almost 10yrs & haven'tbeen South of Newport yet.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we should plan a get together at Whistler's Park for a celebration if we live through the Wuhan virus.

Today I cut down one of the black cherry punch hanging now in grow room. Rock solid smells grand so needing this harvest not a big yield on this one looks like other in tent will be larger. Going to our daughter's in Eugene tomorrow will need to stop for pre-rolls on the way, that's how low we are. We have the mama mia like 5 jars but that's a daytime it ain't cutting my insomnia buy any means. But another harvest is just around the corner

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      We could also trade our used clones (harvested). I have a pretty good pile of Purple Hindu Kush and Vanilla Kush that are fairly sleepy. I would love to taste that Black Cherry.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Hope you have a happy Holiday visit! The Black Cherry clones are re vegging & stretching out nicely & I think Christmas day will be a good day to take the momma to your clones too. Lol we're flipped. 🔀

The Grow Gher is in early flower, and has had a change in census. We now have from left to right, BigBud, Mango, Girl Scout Cookies (newest addition) and Holy Grail Kush in DWC.

It's been 10 days, and I think they're starting to stretch.They're still getting grow nutes, but today I will start transitioning to flower. The new growth is starting to look a little different, and maybe a wisp of pistils starting to appear. Or is it just wishful thinking?
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I sure did, my brother. I got GSC, Holy Grail Kush, and OGKush (hopefully). And Im tossing mangos that are piling up cu the clone and grow so vigorously. Heck, if these smoke like that, HOLY SHIT we're in for a treat. Also BigBud if you didn't keep any mom's that rock.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Swwet! Love them cookies!
      I know huh! That Mango grows like crazy & every cut you make tryin to thin it out begs to be cloned lol. I have a full jar of cuttings for brownies. The next wknd the wife has off we need to come down n see y'all.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!

The Gher still grows, though sporadically updated. It's been an intensely crazy few weeks at work, and not the slow, dreary months that I was looking forward to. I usually plan on doing some maintenance work on my buildin during the dolldrums, but a previous owner installed a small water heater in the attic, and set it in a little plastic pan that had no hose attached. The unplanned bathroom remodel is just about done, and the next area is getting planned.

Apologies for the hiatus, and for the brevity of this update.

The flower tent is in week 4 or 5, and not too horribly crowded after some defoliating and lollipopping. This current cohort of BigBud, GirlScoutCookies, Mango in a variety of soils, and HolyGrail Kush in DWC,

HGK is getting very stretchy like a sativa. I need to put some of those LED strips along the outside for her. I thought she was supposed to be a normal indica, must be a weird phenotype. All of her clones grow the same way. I should LST or manifold one.of them.

Mango has been getting a little pale from underfeeding, and BigBud in the far back of the tent gets forgotten, and a little wilty. Girl Scout Cookies in staying very compact with very tight internodal spacing, which sounds nice at first, but it's a lot of growth to cut off. I don't even have her very close to the light.

The solo grow has also been a really fun experiment in parallel experiments. I will also repost these in the other subposts.

The autos, SuperDense in straight Ocean Forest and Great White in coco have gotten very tall and straight. These are the first plants that I have grown without messing with their shape at all, other than trimming off the tiny dead shit at the very bottom, just now before taking this picture.

The solo-clones: Mango I wire wrapped, bonsai style down into a wide little bush. The roots are very happy, not too crowded or turning shitty or anything because of the constant light exposure in the clear cup. I wish I had the space to put her in flower, I think she's about perfect. I'm considering pulling her out of the solo grow and transplanting her to keep her as a clone mother, and a future DWC grow. The Mango buds that JDU grew are very tasty, so this cut sure seems to be a nice keeper for a mom library. HolyGrail Kush is just getting tall like her mom. I should do something about that. Maybe I'll top her and take another clone. (why can't I stop?)

The other clones that went into bigger cups: are also just ridiculous. BigBud especially. I need to find this one a new home pretty quick. I think it needs to get trimmed, tied down widen and get at least 2x2x5ft. It's in a 7.5 gallon sterilite plastic bin. I'll trade it to anyone who will come get it for a new 5 gallon grow bucket with a 4-inch grow cup lid. Or, if that's too much, just come get it before I hack the shit out of it into the smallest manifold that I dare. I worry if I cut it too much, it will die. It has a pretty big root ball.

Black Cherry Kush that SoOrbudgal harvested a month ago has been reveging and is almost ready to donate some clones. I cut her out of the 3 gal pot that she lived in, and root pruned her, also bonsai style. I simply used a cutting trowel to core out her root ball, about the size of a solo cup, and stuck that in a 1 gallon smart pot of either happy frog or ocean forest. Or was it the seedling mix from BiMart? I stuck her in the corner of the veg closet under the T5, and just watered it enough to keep it from wilting. I might try to trim off the buds, finally, and regrow some of the branches into another bush for the next flower run.

BTW Budgal, we gotta get some pizza so I can hand off JDU Thai Skunk clones, as well as a BigBud and HolyGrail Kush.This is turning into quite the mom-selection.

I apologize for not sharing more regularly. The pride of ownership is the sort of greatness that thrusts itself upon her victims unpredictably.

If anyone needs some starters and are willing to come get them here in Southern Oregon, hurry on over!

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been a blast getting to know you and JDU! I'm so glad to actually get to meet and share with GWE growers! I can't wait to take you guys out fishing. YAY Origun!

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      👍😎👍😎
      Ive always wanted to go out n see the whales!

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      /me is so jealous of you Oregonians

I have 1 guy that i trade clones with (it seems like we bought all the same strains LOL, so no trades in the last couple months)

A couple of others, that come to me for clones (note to self, spring is coming - should get some clones cut and rooting)

LurkingInTheGrass Well do I have something for you I have 6-7 you can take they are rooted and I transplanted in 1gal. But I think your abit far to travel P. S. your name didn't highlight like it use to when you @ somebody??

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL

Thanks for thinking of me 😁

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have some fem seeds this Summer. We can mail em back n forth all over the World. - The Great GWE Seed Echange & Co-Op 🚜😎
      Last edited by JDU; 03-08-2020, 07:40 PM.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we could be a GWE canna-tourism co-op or consortium of sorts, a way to conscript free labor to help us harvest our plants in late September, early October.

Which is a particularly beautiful time of year to visit Southern Oregon. Especially if you like wine. And fishing.

DingusKhan Sept. was the best fishing on the coast in the rivers and bay for salmon. Weed and Wine in the Umpqua plus alittle music

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Where we live is truly magical and rare.

DingusKhan it truly is, I am so thankful for what we accomplished. It was truly blood sweat and tears but we did it all on our own with great family and friends

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Mango Hangs. She was cut down on a lark when I finally got a clear enough picture of some amber trichomes. I probably could have harvested in phases, but I got kinda hacky, and her stems are pretty floppy. She's up on string, pretty sticky.

It's nice to have fresh pot. Mango is a nice strain to have. I've got a cut trying to root now for my next mom. Maybe I need to try her in hydro. Or outdoor this summer. I bet she'll be a monster

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Great news Dingus she sure is a producer looks like. I love the smell of hanging bud LOL. I got that big old mango she's in her 2nd wk of flower and 15" from the light. I hope she's done stretching I've quit tying her she's so stiff poor gal don't want to fracture another branch I may end up tying her lower by spreading further using tent poles. OG kush is dwarfed by her but GSC is dang near as big.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        She made some nice, big buds fast, but I found the stems thin and the big buds weere flopping all over. Next time will get a tomato cage or something rigid for LST. But she made nice, sticky buds in 8-9 weeks of flower.

Another friend I gave a clone to says his is now a monster in veg, and needs me to come take some cuttings. I'll get you some if you want.

Well I’d just like to say.. I’m all caught up now... read the whole post lol it was a great read.. what y’all have is beautiful.. the best thing for this country is community.. and there are so few left we’re people enjoy the company of other people.. and the willingness to open up and share is very heart warming lol .. I’ve always wanted to move to Jefferson.. I picture a nice homestead on the side of a large hill or mountain with views of the ocean in the distance.. (I know this exist)
      where we could have friends and family over at the long outdoor table under the arbor.. passing good bbq and better green sharing stories of the funny times and stupid mistakes lol

y’all ever need help I’m only a few days drive away.. and I can bring a tent or whatever maybe a pull behind..

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        We call it "Croptober". And we have just the spot for you.

Daskahn it is fun during harvest croptober . I say that now because i'm not trimming pounds LOL it's all by hand when we do at least at our place we do it by hand. And take a vacation after

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds nice actually

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X