Found led shop lites 4000 lumens , any positive results using led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found led shop lites 4000 lumens , any positive results using led

Does anyone have experience with LED lighting....Pros / cons ?

I found this site that seems to present the SF line of lights and supports the Phlizon Cree COB LED also
    Learn why COB LED grow lights are great for plants and why, plus which COB chip is best and which brand uses those chips in reasonably priced fixtures.

I was wondering what y'alls experience / thoughts / recommendations are ?
    i have a 2 x 4 inside grow area and am considering going with either a SF -2000 or a Phlizon Cree COB 2000
    Just trying to sort thru all of the reviews to get some actual user info

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/comments
    Last edited by Cfsimon927; 02-23-2021, 02:23 PM. Reason: Want to update my LED lighting

Led does not generate so much heat

Comment

Comment

Switch from HPS to LED 3 years ago... Won't return to HPS. Energy efficiency compare to HPS. Today's LED are better than before. And the price are coming down. Check HydroMars, Spider Farmer or KingLed on Amazon.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Originally posted by Cfsimon927 View Post
          Does anyone have experience with LED lighting....Pros / cons ?
          Contact the manufacturer to see if these shop lights are putting out the correct spectrum for growing. Some do not. You are better off going with something designed for growing such as Viparspectra. https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-...sr=1-5-catcorr

Comment

• herbgrower
            herbgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            starramus are concerns about viparspectra being more blue side of spectrum true or does that make no difference in relation to yield and quality? I saw it in few vids but I don't think I can totally believe that.

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            herbgrower I have not seen a spectral chart for the Viparspectra. Also I do not use my Viparspectras as a sole light source. I use them as only as auxiliary lighting. See photo below.

Economy led fixtures are at best, equal in efficiency to an HPS fixture using the same wattage.
          I would try to use at least 40 watts per square feet of canopy you're trying to illuminate.
          www.ledgardener.com or www.migro.com for more info to look for.
          I started growing indoors again 3 years ago with Mars and King blurple leds. They will grow d3ecent weed but they also put a lot of waste heat into the grow space.
          That's were current tech diodes make a HUGE difference.
          I currently run 600 watts of Vero29's along with 300 watts of Samsung F strips. That 900 watts of led power still generates a bit a fair amount of heat to deal with but it pumps out almost 40% more photons of light that the plants can use.
          Last edited by gbauto; 12-02-2019, 06:00 PM.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

As a big fan of LED’s and their tremendous efficiency, you can run several variations of those Samsung F strips as gbauto says along with led drivers mounted outside the room or tent to mitigate heat. If you have just a few diy skills you’ll get some excellent results and save a few dollars. I fell in love with these and have used 1300 watts in a 4x4x7’ space all under 77F with standard ventilation https://youtu.be/XAFdc6WZF-g

Comment

As Farmall was saying...

Click image for larger version

Name:	A673B3D8-0C0D-44FE-B7C0-17C894EC2111.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	354483Click image for larger version

Name:	F79A12FE-69F8-46F6-BC30-72814C09FAEC.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	354484

Total DIY with drivers outside the tent. I’m able to pump up to 600W (currently 😉) for a 4x4 tent using 2 different kelvin control. There are 4 drivers of 150W each and they are close to 45C when running 100% power so they stay outside the tent for now. Something comparable at a a store in my area would be around $1800 CAD, I built it for just under $1000. I have a build log here on GWE.
              There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
              1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
              2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
              3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I should also say that the blurple amazon lights do work well. They create new challenges in certain areas, such as trying to notice nutrient deficiencies. But some really good results have been posted around the inter webs.

Comment

That is sort of oversimplified. It’s more than just saying that 5k color can’t be used for flower. The spectrum chart for the specific light is what needs to be looked at. It’s possible to have 5k that has a tonne of red in the spectrum. With that said, these are the newest generation of LED diodes for 5000k.

Name:	9B04744E-7EA6-43DE-8638-2706B141DA93.jpeg
Views:	307
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	354704

You can see that there is a huge amount of red spectrum in there plus it’s 97CRI. 😁

And here is the 4000k also 97CRI

Name:	2AA16208-C618-45B9-8F7B-1D319834AE94.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	354705
                  When comparing the two, the 5000k has way better balance across the full spectrum plus creeps a bit into UVA and provides plenty of red. If I had some flower in storage, I would do a full grow with just the 5000k to see what happens.

Comment

Related to question, and comment above.

herbgrower "are concerns about viparspectra being more blue side of spectrum true or does that make no difference in relation to yield and quality? I saw it in few vids but I don't think I can totally believe that." I think it would however I really couldn't tell you since I have used my two Viparspectras only as auxiliary lighting. Have never used them as the sole source of illumination. In this configuration from a couple of years ago I used 2 600 watt Vips with a 600 watt HPS as well as moving the plants outside into sunlight. I can tell you without reservation it was a very good grow.

Comment

• herbgrower
                      herbgrower commented
                      Editing a comment
                      starramus Great man that clears things up. Actually I am researching to buy light for my grow tent. I finally got a friend who's coming home from states. But I am all confused now as to which light to get. Viparspectra PAR600, TC600 or VA600. While searching that I learned that VS doesn't give out spectrum chart officially but some users posted it and showed that it had high PAR value but low Red spectrum even lower than blue itself. So everything hit me, I have like only chance to get it right. Once I buy the light and it leaves US, I have no option of warranty, repair or replacement. Thus the curiosity!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X