Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbgrower
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I am thinking. Totally organic nutes through out the grow.

• quirk
    replied
    Through flowering as well?

Leave a comment:

• herbgrower
    commented on 's reply
    I am planning to try coco, vermicompost, perlite and some soil in one of my next plant. Using only vermicompost as plant food.

• jimicloudstuff
    replied
    Worm castings(vermicompost) work great. I generally mix coco, petite, vermicompost or compost 1:1:1 then toss in some dry stuff like bone meal. I think the castings are better bc no need to sterilize.

Leave a comment:

• herbgrower
    replied
    First of all I apologize for my mistake. I don't know if I was high or something but I actually meant vermicompost. How about replacing nutes with vermicompost and follow the procedure they have given to feed?
    Again I am sorry I even wrote vermiculite in my sign instead of vermicompost.! That stuff had a punch.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• s62
    replied
    I think the vermiculite could be used as a hydro medium, perhaps, but I don’t think it replaces nutes. I thought it was all about moisture retention and soil aeration.

Leave a comment:

• Schwaggy
    replied
    Vermiculite does not any fertility, only aeration. It’s possible to fill a pot with only vermiculite/perlite but you’d have feed your plants with a liquid nutrient. It’s hydro grow at that point, kinda like coco.

The cool thing about soil is that, it can hold on to nutrients for your plant to take up later.

Leave a comment:

• herbgrower
    started a topic SOIL Replacing nutrients with vermiculite

Replacing nutrients with vermiculite

What are your opinions on replacing the fertilizers completely with vermiculite? One idea is to add 40% vermiculite along with soil mix and perlite and after that top it accordingly. Also how about growing the seedlings completely in vermiculite and perlite mix just till they become young and can be repotted?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X