Size pots for outdoor growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size pots for outdoor growing

Hey every 1 i am a outdoor new grower and have studyed abit about growing but am unaware of a good benificial sized pot for growing outdoor marijuana i understand big is superior in alot of eyes but whats a good size for a seedling to flower to finish for outdoor im growing in my backyard at in nz it is accepted but frownd appoun and yes still illgel so i dont want monster plants will i do ahaha but not conventional at this stage i am grown in 25litre bags/pots i think thats 7gallon my plants are in 2.5mths vegitating process averagly 80cm in height and about 11 sets of laterals will my 25litre be enough to grow till harvest and if not what would be the minuim size i know thers not and accurate size due to climate .strain and so forward but a estimate average in you eyes/experience what would you recomend . And also
    IO'D

Also i experimented on growing in winter nz outside iy was hard work ahahah climate beting the frost .growth mishaps but its getting close to harvest it ahahah they have bein thru veg whilst budding then ive put my outdoor alarm on me as a timer ahahha 8pm to 8am covered in dark because i was not in right natural seasons due to i started these 2 seeds in brisk of winter it taken me about 2 wks to confuse the plant back to flower growth from veg and ive done it 2 or 3 times lol but i was wondering if any 1 had any quicker easeir better remedys to revert the plant and fourth any theories and please guys any education or feedback or anything to do with outdoor growing i have and do study online alot proberly tomuch cause i get confused cause i read watch learn and then a whole different theory and outcome comes out and im aware of theres ahundred ways to skin a cat and im now starting to trail my own ideas and thorts and tips i pick up along the way and om doing good il upload some pics of my grow i have there not great but there working so please guys i really respect youre tips feedback and help il upload some pics take in mind ita not a nice day here in nz south island today thankyous
    IO'D

Comment

These are the plants i germed and vegged in winter Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_115717.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	353430Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_115625.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	353431 just a reminder these are my first ever grown plants and it was actually hard work monitoring these outdoor winter nz they haved beind tied down lst to produce colas Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_115655.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	353432 1st grow
      IO'D

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        That's some funky looking growth I gotta tell ya on those 2 first ones in 1st grow. Lots of stresses on those 2 but hey fella you got some bud. I'm not sure about your questions hope i'm understanding right? 7gal pots are OK for outdoor auto but I would not go any less than 10gal more like 15gal or more for photo plants. I grow outdoor summertime in Oregon I don't use anything less than 10gal for a small indica photo but the bigger sativa hybreds need more space else you run into root troubles especially with plastic. Gotta have lots and lots of drain holes. GWE recommends fabric I love those but also use plastic with many drain holes. Good luck

These are my 2nd grow this is all happening right now i have my soon to harvest upbove and now my 2nd seedlings that are 2 to 2.5mths old vegitives
      IO'D

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_121102.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	353439 this is some of my 2nd 2.5mths outdoor
        Attached Files
        IO'D

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Fine healthy looking plant there. Very strong looking branches what are you feeding?

These are my last little babys 1mth s Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_121218.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	353444Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_121224.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	353445 so this is coming up my first 6mths growing coming up ive practise tieing down plants . Lst training. Hst training. Topping fimming. And now cloning my bottom branchea that would have bein throw aways so il clone and dispatch to seclueded area and see if i can get them going i really enjoy it i find it theroputic most the time sometimes i feel frustrared ahaha but ive lost no plants yet ive correct heat streassed .climate affected. Pest infected .kids putting shampoo on buds . Winters harsh elimates and they are stlll alive none dead and over all there ok dont get me wrong they have been thru alot so i know there far from a grade but all fims .toppings .lst. hst has worked even tho i do know dome of those techniques arent best for outdoors but like i said earlier i am studying .learning .practising for indoors lights and all due to funds that dreams on hold and the great outdoors is my only elimint as they say started from the bottom and im here ahahah
        IO'D

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Your doing great. I enjoy cloning but I take so many most of my friends are all total outdoor so this is not the time of year for giving clones away for outdoor. Keep up doing what your doing cause they sure look healthy from my view. Just need bigger containers buckets?

And fellow forumers i have had alot of help from yous and i really appreciate it guys amd gurls please let me know ya feedback.answers .questions and please share your experience thorts and ideas i really do need appreciate and aknowledge and take on all of it im a try hard ahaha i want to thrive and keep self medicated and actively enjoy the growing and smoking and just the ups and downs of horticulture
        IO'D

Comment

Sory 1 last pic so thats all my experience of coming up 6mths growing final recent chapter my clones in process hopefully aahah Click image for larger version

Name:	20191130_123454.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	353453
          IO'D

Comment

Heymate sory missed youre messages thanks for feedback mate and im feeding a nz liquid food brand called tui seaweed and fish n.p.k is 10.9_1.3_6.3 thanks for feedback on pots mate i will have to gets some bigger and yes people have said to me about bags being bad drainage and can cause root burn also its just im not very cashed up i think with my fert and plant food and bags and a magnify glass aaha i spent 42 orsome near that till recently if ordered some seeds from canada fem auto flowers 4 pinnaple express . 4xamnesia x so all plants im grown or i should say growing are bagseed until i trail these fem autos out have you heard of those strains i purchased from white widow rocks site
            IO'D

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Love fish/guano mix my teas. I compost much of my own soil make my own mixes reuse it add more coco coir which I use outdoor and perilite,. indoor I don't bring in what I mix for garden outdoor different mix indoor no food waste indoor. Man those are great big clones mine are 1/2 the size tall. Excellent choice yes i'm familiar with the strains, we love indica strains most.

Thanks bruf yea 2nd batch is thriving and little seedlings going to and bummer i thort my clones would work i tell you its bein hard especially the first 2 with funking growth patterns i know it was the winter climate and my inexperience but yea like ya said theres bud aahha i think i would of rather just brought some with all the work effort and stress and problems as ya can see ahahha but it was a big learning curve i mean 6 mths ago i honestly thort ya plant a seed 6 mths later ya harvest bud little did i know i wasnt grown them they were grown me ahaha i was out in frost with pot in hand shivering cold misrable wet weather there i am pot in hand chasining sunlight in my 5x3metre backyard i even climbed trees with them and place them up high to get sun ahhaha cut a long story short i had no f$%#^! Idea what i was doing ahaha im actually crackn up now thinking of what the neighbours even my partner and kids wondering what the heck is he doin ahaha but cheers mate awesome any help or knowledge i really to try to obsord i mean i dont want to be climbing this winter its practical from here on hopfully
            IO'D

Comment

Ok i have a small garden with nothing on i might trail a couple and also out off my 2.5mth seedling 1 has sexed any reason the rest arent i mean the 1 that has sexed did 3 weeks ago
              IO'D

Comment

We use 50 gallon pots outside.
                You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Il like it bruf thats the best way to attack it ahaha
                  IO'D

Comment

Originally posted by Spidermite View Post
                    We use 50 gallon pots outside.
                    Thinking of 2 plants in a small greenhouse outside this year. I have 10 gallon plastic pots but may just buy a couple garbage cans and drill holes in the bottom... 30 gallon or so.

Comment

Good idea especially forsome people that have to battle woth pest like possuns and pigs the bins height can defuse some real disater from alot of mosfortunate events even kids outdoors and price for a rubbish bin can be very inexpensive at right retailers
                      IO'D

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X