Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 65: I'm doing light defoliation once a week to remove anything covering bud sites or real dense leafy areas. I usually go heavier but am just trying something different. I took 4 clones from the Spliff Berry (bigger one) since I needed to remove the branches anyways. There are 23-24 bud sites on this plant because I also topped a lot more to experiment. It's hard to tell in the photo, but there are a decent amount growing out from the bottom and up but are still way below the upper canopy. I am debating removing another 3 or 4 of these to focus energy into the other higher sites (circled in red in photo).

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    That is my thoughts but i'm to conservative damn I need to raise my flowering plants up several more inches and test the watts.

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal It's about 18". I've been keeping it just above where I got a touch of light burn. That probably keeps the plants a bit more squat than tall but I don't care if I can get more bud.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Wizards how far away is your grow light from plant canopy if I may ask? I have 400watts full spectrum LED I have both my autos under each ones sweet spot. My photos are all off to the sides of tent away from direct beam. The autos are 2wks into flower and one is stretching more because I didn't top it it's like a Christmas tree I barely LST it just bent it's main cola down an spread lower branches top cola is really shooting upwards. The light is 24" from plant canopy. I am also trying to increase oz. per plant indoors?

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day: 57: 6 days into flowering. They are definitely growing quickly. I tend to defoliate one a week to remove anything in the bottom of the plant not getting light, or covering bud sites. But my plants never seem to get as tall as I see in other pictures. I'm not sure if I am stunting it, or it's just my training methods. So far the most I've gotten inside is about 2.5oz. In 5 gallon pots, I'd think I could get more. Just thinking out loud here. I am going to leave the small plant as is because I think it needs all the energy it can get. I topped the large one in more spots than normal just to compare and see what happens with more colas. I believe Nebula said more sites meant smaller colas, but total amount didn't change much

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 52: Longest veg / smallest plants. Decided to flip them even though the yummy is still so small. Hoping it gets some nice growth. I can't have this grow going into May. I like my grows to end in late March early April so I can take a break and then start all the seedlings for my garden so this year there will definitely be some overlap. Hopefully the large Spliff Berry will make up for the small one

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 44: Decided I needed to take action or it's gonna get out of control. The good news is the Spliff Berry is growing really well in the coco. In hindsight, I don't think I should've switched the Yummy to soil. Looking back on the photos, it was just getting to the point where it would probably have taken off like the Spliff Berry but oh well. This morning I did some heavy pruning and defoliation to bring the center of the plant down while the lower branches grow up to make an even canopy. I didn't actually top any more, I just 'retopped' the two tallest branches to a lower node where there were also two growth sites. So total cola will remain the same, but plant should be a bit better shaped. Hopefully (this is weird to say) it stunts it for a bit while Yummy catches up.

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 43: Of the longest grow ever, the Yummy is finally looking better again and taking to the soil. Not droopy like in the previous post and a better shade of green. The Spliff Berry is doing great. Now I am going to have trouble with keeping the spliff berry from getting too large, while the Yummy catches up so I can flower. Anyone have advice on doing so?

I've topped it in multiple places so it is fulling out a lot. Should I defoliate some, and remove a few bud sites? I've never had to trim to limit size rather than increase yield and structure.

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 40: Sooooo I caved and transplanted the small plant to soil a couple days ago. The size difference may become an issue in flowering but I can just keep training the big one down. I topped that in a few more spots and it's really thriving. Hope the small one picks up. The bigger one looks a bit unruly but I didn't want to go to heavy on defoliation when they had a hard time growing early on.

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 33: Things appear to finally be moving along in the tent. Both are very short and dense, possibly strain, possibly light being close. I've had no light burnt with the quantum board at about 15" but decided to raise it a bit to stretch the plants a tad. I did some LST on the spliff berry as the leaves were huge and thick, blocking light to the bottom. The Yummy is finally growing but not going to stress it yet. Hopeful this will turn into a great yield but looks like it'll be a bit slower than usual. I did throw a fem Gorilla Glue free seed into a 1 gallon fabric pot w/ fox farm soil just to have in the corner for the hell of it. I added a bit more cal mag to my last two nute watering and I think it's making them more green-green than yellow green.

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    I lied! I do have coco ha. Well if I do soil then I won't really know if it was the seed or the coco! I know the Fox Farm has worked great.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Compare soil vs coco grow interesting

Leave a comment:

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    I think I will leave it and see what happens, but also start one of the free fem seeds I've gotten from my last orders in the tent. That way if the small one takes off, I can just leave the other in there and have a small other plant to harvest that I don't care that much about. Or, if the Yummy just doesn't grow, I can pull and swap. Although I don't have more coco so it would need to be in soil

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Wizards i'm at a loss to figure this one out? Maybe it's just adjustment burp by plants during growth spurts. I've had them stall and see no changes for a week to 10days very bothersome, then just take off. I think if you did start another seed of course it would be 1month behind so you could do a staged harvest? Just sayin, your call of course. Good luck and they have good color seem healthy, I think it's a burp/bump.

• WizardsNThings
    replied
    Day 27: Still pale green and the Yummy continues to falter. I looked at my other journal and as expected, at 27 days my other plants were huge and almost ready to flip. Couldn't say if that was because it was soil or the seeds themselves. I feel like it's unlikely to be the coco since it seems to be THE medium to grow in if not doing hydro. I am highly considering pulling the small plant. and starting a new non-low cbd/thc strain and seeing if it catches up and can flip both at the same time. I could just end up with one plant super far behind though if it turns out not to be the seed. Opinions?

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X