No announcement yet.

Cannabis as houseplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a bit bigger than a preflower. Preflower tends to be 2 pistills that never fill out, in my estimate. That's a puffball of pistill. Looks adorable lol. With photos if it is getting less than 12 hrs light daily, it is in flower. If you in the northern hemisphere you are currently getting less than 12 hrs natural light. I think it's a cool plant. It probably won't produce much but its showing amazing resilience with just sun through a window. Good job
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• MDR
      MDR commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - I like it because it gives me a baseline. Even when I was struggling with nute problems and pH, the plant under the sunroof didn't show any real signs of stress. Mind you it's growth was stunted, but it's still nice to know what that part of the house will stabilize.

Update:

Things are looking good with my plants in veg. The leaves suffering mag-cal deficiencies are all but gone. I decided not to clip them off until I had enough new solar leaves to maintain their light intake. The plant I didn't crop still remains the strongest looking plant, but I'm getting a bit worried about height restrictions. I might not have the space to get it to May, unless I clip it back. I guess should have known that when I planted seeds in September.

The plants by the sunroof are still doing well. They grow very slow but stable. The taller one seems to have shot up since moving it there. I'm guessing they are going into flower.

​ ​ Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1155.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	359491
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1157.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.20 MB ID:	359488
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1156.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	359490
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1159.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	359489
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1158.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	359487

Comment

Looking healthy
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hi Everyone

It's been a while, so I wanted to give an update on my plants. There's been a number of changes since my last post. I am not down to 3 plants. One of them has a new home while the other one i culled.

Veg plants - downsizing the number of plants has allowed the ones I still have to maximize exposure to the light I have. Below is a picture of both of them. My main concern now is keeping it at a decent height until i can put them outside. I also started some clones to replace my 4th plant. I can only legally have 4, so I'll only be able to keep the healthiest one and dispose of the rest whether they root or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1218.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	367946
        Flowering - I've learned that the sunroof doesn't really give enough light for cannabis to properly flower over the winter. Therefore I bought a simple bulb and keep this little guy in the spare room to get a proper 12 hour light cycle. Good new is this strain of white widow hasn't really shown much smell. Although I imagine I'll be proven wrong in the next couple weeks if it fully flowers. I don't imagine I'm getting much harvest out of this little one, but it was a nice experiment.

Name:	IMG_1215.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	367949

Name:	IMG_1217.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	367948

Name:	IMG_1216.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	367947

Comment

Hi Everyone

It's been a while, but wanted to update everyone on the progress of Cannabis as a houseplant.

Few things I've learned. It is possible, but it requires standard maintenance and monitoring. You also have to consider training a must, as grow space will continually fight against you. I eventually needed to move my setup to a new location and hang my light fixtures from the ceiling. It looks nice, but I can tell you my significant other isn't overly thrilled, supportive, but not thrilled with the idea.

I've been feeding it DynaGro at 850ppm and an average of 6.1ph; calmag every watering, nutrients ever second watering.

Name:	IMG_1322.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	1,005.5 KB
ID:	381585

Comment

I’m curious, what kind of lights are you using?

Comment

• MDR
              MDR commented
              Editing a comment
              Feit Electric 2 ft. 2-Light 19W White LED Full Spectrum Linkable Grow Light

Looking good, how are the youngsters?

Comment

Nice houseplant
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

So I successfully harvested the small white widow plant. After properly drying and curing the bud I had enough for one joint. I gave it to some friends to try. They said it was good, but did point out that the smoke was almost beige looking. Is this because of the strain?

Comment

Hi Everyone

It's been a long time but I have updates. Since my last post, I decided to use my basement shower as a flower room. At first I wasn't seeing good yield, so I assumed it had to do with inadequate darkness. I replaced the shower curtains with black out curtains and the change in growth was significant. I'm new to harvesting, so looking for the opinion of others.

How far out do you think I am from harvesting?

Name:	IMG_2012.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	397811

Name:	IMG_2013.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	397813

Name:	IMG_2014.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	397814

Here's my houseplant experiment. I'll be putting her in flower next.

Name:	IMG_2015.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	397812

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    By the second picture you look close. It woulnt hurt to give it another week though.

• MDR
                    MDR commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea I was aiming for this weekend.

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The houseplant looks like any ornamental you see in office buildings and lobbys...she grew up well

Update

The big girl has been flowering for a few weeks now

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	411953

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X