how to post like a pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to post like a pro

I confess I feel a bit foolish asking what I'm sure is a dumb question but here goes: I want to be like the cool kids...how do I get the tiny icon followed by the @name (for example)? when referring to another member in a post?

I had to ask same thing once. Type an @ and then the full username. The little icon should show up once you hit send

"@duckman" = duckman
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

Are you wanting to change your avatar pic or are you asking how to get other peoples pics to show up when doing and "@"?

To change pic, go to your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right then click on "Edit Avatar" on the left side then follow the prompts.

To tag someone type "@" then start to type user you want to tag and after a few letters an auto-complete box will pop up with a list of names corresponding to the letters you have typed. When you see the user name you want to tag click on it and it will auto populate. For example, i type "@" "d" "u" "c" then the box pops up and i click "duckman" and i get duckman

Hope this answers your question!

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh the only exception to this is when doing comments on someone else's comment. the auto-populate box wont pop up then and you just have to type the full user name. This is all on pc btw.

i get a member list when i start typing after the @. im on a lap top
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 12.54.22 PM.png
Views:	221
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	349426

Comment

9fingerleafsTerskyocgreen way cool! many thanks...

Comment

duckman I always leave a few spaces before and after I post someone's name because it won't turn blue if there's anything right next to it like a comma.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            By the way and out of context but, my new glasses let’s me see the Carl Sagan line. I used to watch his appearances several places but he was always fun to see on Johnny Carson

Was not aware that when you use the "Link" function in the upper left corner, it strips all but the site information.. Ie it sends you to amazon instead of "Link"
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X