Nute burn or light burn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Nute burn or light burn....

So im just posting this for another opinion. I fed her yesterday and added a little more GH Liquid Kool bloom than i did last feeding but i also notice the lights were a little low. I have raised the lights but cant tell if it's nute burn or light burn and if I should flush or just let her wait it out. The same browning occurs on a few other leaves, all at the top of the plant but only like 3 or 4 leaves on the plant have that discoloration. So, what do you guys think?
    Attached Files

Howdy Tersky, It looks more like the 'nute' burn than light burn (bleaching) to me. On some of my past grows the nutrient burn seems to start at the tips of the leaves and works back toward the stem. The light bleaching tends to be over the broad part of the leaves and tends to be only on the leaves closest to the lights. The plant looks to be in good health, just keep an eye on Her and maybe back off the nitrogen a little if the browning continues to spread, The 'burned' tips do not clear up (once toast always toast! lol), just look at the new growth leaves to see if the reduction changes things.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      It could still be some thing other than the nute burn, like You said, "it usually is at the tip of the leaf...". You might want to look at it with a loupe to see if it appears to be external on the leafs surface or inside the leaf tissue, just to be sure that it's not a mold or fungi.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I checked and didnt see any spores of any kind, although i cant remember if this was the plant that had dew on it when the power went out a couple weeks ago...i'll continue to monitor the plant for any signs of bud rot or mold. She's about a month into flower.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a plan. Overall, the plant looks to be healthy, so maybe not a problem after all.
      Good luck!

Hi what is the strain of the plant? The age, which week are you in and is this the only plant with this discolouration?

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Bruce Banner 3, week 4 of flowering. Just noticed it on another plant that had the same nute strength. This one a Sour Diesel in the same week of flower. I'm pretty sure i made a woopsie on my nute strength.

Just noticed it on another plant. I mixed 2x 1 gallon jugs of nutes with the same ammt of nutrients in each. Those 2 plants were watered with those nutrient solutions so im pretty confident it's nute burn now. The question is, how bad is it...do i need to flush? I'm gonna keep an eye on them and if the seem to get worse i'll flush. I forgot to half the dosage on the liquid kool bloom i think is the problem. Well, oopsies...

Comment

That's a good oopsie!

IF it were me, I would feed with just water for the next two feeds. Also, do a little digging on those strains. the sour diesel does go purple, blue in the flowering stage, it does sound like cute burn. flushing-keep an eye first thing when lights come on to before lights go off and if you see change then flush.
      Last edited by BlueberryGIrl; 11-07-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X