Rain makes plants panic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain makes plants panic?

Though this was interesting. Plants (all not just cannabis) produce a defensive protein when it rains. The thing that applies to us is "But while these changes were only momentary, repeated contact eventually led to a plant's stunted growth and delayed flowering." https://www.sciencealert.com/a-surpr...-when-it-rains . Just thought id spark a conversation about this!

Tersky Interesting article. I suffered the same panic during a 1995 NYC protest. We the protestors were inundated in a tumultuous downpour. However the umbrella peddlers suddenly materialized on the street offering up their wares at only 5 bucks a pop. I don't think my growth was stunted, but I did spend the rest of the day at the https://www.amnh.org/
    Last edited by starramus; 11-03-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Growth wasnt stunted, but have you flowered yet!! lol

I sure do I run for da nearest shelter or my car if I can find it. I don't wanna mess my hair
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh...there was a time i had hair to mess up! Glorious brown locks! Aging is the pits.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Aging is the worst trick a universe could play on a sentient being. "When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back into you", Nietzsche

Where does all of this "golden years" horse shit come from?

LOL You ever see that photo of those ol folks all naked jumping off a pier into a lake holding hands? That's us but i love it bring this shit on.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I grew a few bag seed plants out doors. They always responded really well to a nice Florida sun shower. I grow inside now though. I still collect rain water.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X