Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    That's an interesting thread, alltatup. Thanks for sharing. I understand what you're saying; almost every strain I really enjoy comes from OG Kush.

Here's hoping these turn out to be more than clever marketing.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    ocgreen Well of course there are factors that make a huge difference: I never said that all bud is the same no matter how you grow it; I said, some folks say... After all, THC is THC; however, the terpenes and other factors in the grow make huge differences.

My point is that the growers have to keep coming out with amazing new names for new strains to try to get folks to buy. That being said, I sometimes think it is a good idea to stick with the new genetics, cuz I sometimes wonder about the old genetics that have been bred for decades. Like I haven't had luck with Dutch Passion White Widow for 3 or 4 grows in a row, and the seeds weren't old. Not that I know jack shit about breeding.

Here's a topic that maybe makes my point clearer: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...nnabis-strains

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    Hey SoOrbudgal I'm planning to go 70/30 coco/perilite mix in 5 gallon fabric pots.

In terms of number of plants, after some recent consideration, I think I'm just going to do the 4 Mokum's Tulip in the 8x4 and wait to grow the gorilla zkittlez.

Mokum's Tulip is supposed to get taller than anything I've grown in the past so I'm thinking LST will make 4 fill the 8x4. What do you think?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I'm interested ocgreen . I've only growm a max of 4photos in a 4x4 5gal. fabric pots. What's your plan for soil and pot size? Or you doing soilless?

Leave a comment:

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup I wouldn't have expected someone who is so passionate about growing would maintain the "all weed is the same" outlook. My limited exposure has lead me to believe that the strain as well as when it was harvested has a big impact on the experience.

• GreenState
    replied
    Perhaps tulips, ie. tulip-mania is a very good comparison to today's seed market and some pricing!
    Speaking of true strains, stumbled onto this article yesterday, thought it was interesting.
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/zz/bus...nnabis-curator
    Last edited by GreenState; 11-03-2019, 05:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Some folks say that all cannabis strains are basically the same; we certainly can see and smell differences, but it's true: differences in the high seem to depend more on my mood than the strain...

That being said, it's always great to find some really strong genetics!

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    Supposed to be around 22% THC and "moderate" CBD whatever that means

Good enough to win 1st place in the Clouds in the City Cup 2019 and they say the leaves will be blue, purple and green. Should be a real treat to watch grow.

But maybe I'm just being an optimist đź‘Ť

• YYCannabis
    replied
    I’m old and cynical as hell. Some stuff looks more like PR spin than truth. It is a cool story though if true.

Any idea what to expect for thc/CBD?

Leave a comment:

• ocgreen
    started a topic Grow 5: A tulip by any other name...

Grow 5: A tulip by any other name...

... will not get you this high!

I'm excited to soon add Mokum's Tulip by Dutch Passion to the garden. It's a new (2019) strain with an enticing backstory. From the breeder's website:

Dutch Passion's Head of Genetics came across a very special pheno of Gelato on one of his travels. The plant had an amazing candy smell and some beautiful blue tones in the leaves. The sparkling buds were rock hard, the Head of Genetics was amazed by the rich taste which was exactly the same as the deliciously sweet and appealing aroma of the buds on the plant. He knew that this exceptional individual would be outstanding base material for another elite Dutch Passion cross.

This Gelato pheno arrived in “Mokum” (the old Hebrew/Yiddish word for Amsterdam) and was crossed with a vigorous Sherbet individual that also leans to the sweet side of the Cookie family.The Sherbet had a terpene-rich aroma, heavy yields and a particularly powerful effect.

Amsterdam became famous for tulips back in the day and the smell of this new creation reminded us of a very sweet smelling red tulip. The name “Mokum's Tulip” quickly came to mind.This XXL yielding strain is a must for your empty cookie jar.

My plan is to grow 4 of these alongside 4 gorilla zkittlez by Barney's Farm in an 8x4. They will start in coco under CMH light and will eventually transition to LED for flower.

Thought others may be interested to follow along given it's a new strain. Feel free to say hi and follow along
    Attached Files

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X