Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ocgreen
    replied
    1/4 Mokum's Tulip didnt make it. I think I killed it (broke tap root) when I tried to peek inside rooter early on to see if it was sprouting. Lesson learned.

Everyone else is thriving so far. 6 went from solo cup to air pot today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_151723.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	349490

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Yes I don't do tent in summer so I totally understand, we do just the opposite. I do a big grow or friggin try to in summer and just run some autos in winter but this summer flopped with quality and quantity so i'm running 4 more photos right now, were gonna need it. I think that's a great idea and I wish you much luck.

Leave a comment:

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    Plan is to grow so much this winter that I can close up the garden for the summer. Last summer was my first summer growing and I found that the extra hassle and expenses from things like dehumidifier, air conditioner and so on isn't worth it (to me).

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Aren't you ambitious this winter. I can't wait to see this run

• ocgreen
    replied
    3/4 sprouted and doing well. 1/4 poked her head above ground but hasnt moved much past 2 days (?)

Name:	20191111_084038.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	4.41 MB
ID:	348587

Can't tell from photo but it's really neat to see how the first set of leaves from one of the Mokum's Tulip has a reddish blue tinge.

And as you probably noticed from photo, I ended up plunking 4 Gorilla Zkittlez two days ago. 4/4 above ground and thriving so far.

Leave a comment:

• ocgreen
    replied
    Gave the leggy lady a bit of coco to lean on and she's doing great! 3/4 above surface so far

Name:	20191108_065752.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	347949

Leave a comment:

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks SoOrbudgal I went back and forth about whether to use my tried and true CMH or my new seedling light:

DuroLux DL822S T5 2Ft 2 Fluorescent Lamps Grow Lighting System with 5000 Lumens and 6500K Full Spectrum and Super Low Profile 3.5" Wide Reflector

I chose the CMH because I was scared of messing something up with a new light. And here I am messing things up with the CMH 😅

Do you think this T5 light would be ok for seedlings in the future?

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure why ocgreen. I start mine under T5 or 54watt cfl depends on how many i'm starting. But I have them 2-3" from light. Maybe squeeze that cube together tighten soil around it more??

• ocgreen
    replied

Name:	20191107_090952.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	347725

Lowered light from 28" to 24" based on what I'm diagnosing as a leggy seedling. Anyone else agree or otherwise know why one is looking so weird and twisted?

There is passive cool air intake and a 4" exhaust fan but nothing blowing so bad it would cause that.

Thinking I will transfer that one to a solo cup with mild nute coco when I get time later.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    She's off and running.....who's first?

• ocgreen
    replied
    One particularly ambitious girl already poking her head out to take a look around

Name:	20191105_161641.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	347362

Leave a comment:

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    Looking forward to seeing that Em-Dawg grow journal when it comes time for you to plunk those seeds, @alltatup.

As for my beautiful tulips, they went from the shot glass to the rapid rooters under CMH a few minutes ago. I'm excited!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    ocgreen I'm all for the new genetics with higher THC content!!!!! I recently bought a new strain from Humboldt, Dr. Greenthumb's Em-Dog, because they said 27% THC. So I try the new ones, too. I just don't get all dazzled by the extreme graphics, trumpets and fanfare they make on Seedsman to advertise their new strains.

• ocgreen
    commented on 's reply
    I think it was oldjarhead100 who mentioned that zkittlez is better suited to indoors but i might he getting that wrong. I should grow and harvest by spring so I can let you know my experience

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Sounds great. I was just reading about that strain on Alchamenys? Not sure of spelling, I read a lot but retain little. I'm also looking at the Barny's gorilla zkittlez for outdoor next season, never to early for me to look at next season. I believe you will do well with just the 4 much easier at least for me it is. I got 4 going into 8wks from sprout now in the tent. I've topped and LST spread and tied down now to my liking. Think your going to have fun and your plan sounds great.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X