Busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone.
    'David' at MSNL sent me an email after I sent a picture of my busted form and examined package. After an email each, I paid for guaranteed shipping. 'David' is going to make good on resending the seeds. I'm glad I didn't swear too much or make much of a deal about anything. What an ass I'd be. That's why I shouldn't react before I vent. Or have a dab. Or a bowl. Maybe a few hundred grams of edibles. Hash pipe? Honey oil? You get me.
    I was so verklempt I barely slept 11 hours last night.
    Yeah 'Dave'! Let's go 'Dave'!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you guys ever experienced a company not trying to make things right? I've been fortunate enough to always get my packages so I'm unaware of this side of the business.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you Gingerbeard way to go Dave!

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      RFheavy Unless you go to the FCC, Cox cable will lie, cheat, and steal from you.
      ConAm Management company.
      Go to the FCC and you'll see complaints about Cox.
      Go to Yelp and read reviews about ConAm Management.

But I was thinking. This is an ambiguous question with no real answer for people who produce seeds. How many seeds might a plant produce if grown to do so? Would 100 be too low? Would a thousand be too many?
    If seedbanks sell $5.00 seeds, the plant could earn an income of $500-$5000 just on seeds.
    Just thinking.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      My thought is that a good healthy plant produces thousands of seed,, gold mine!

I don’t get it. I’ve ordered online and had mine opened ( my last order) But I got all my seeds and a small notice saying my package had been opened by the post office... came through the Chicago airport.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you grow them yet?

• Geek95
      Geek95 commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually split my order with a friend. He thinks they x-rayed them, Because his wouldn’t pop.. I’ve got two going now and close to harvest.

I order from the UK. I think, pretty sure

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty much coast-to-coast. Yours would be coming through New York or Chicago. That's where those CBP shows always shoot from. You are smarter than the CBP people who searched your package.
      I guess mine doesn't hit customs until LA.
      The return address was for a sports spore in the UK.

My concern with mail order seeds is two-fold when it comes to mail getting snatched.

First is that with modern mail systems being controlled by very powerful computer systems, once they have identified a senders address as a repeat offender, the system can now watch for packages from that company and quickly red flag them on the fly.

Second thing is that they now have the receiver’s name/address flagged... and we know how much our governing systems like to collect data.

Im not sure if it’s worth the risk getting your name added to a system for something that could quickly be turned against you later in life.

Even being a member of forums like this or RIU, or searching YouTube/google etc repeatedly for certain terms like cannabis probably gets noticed by several governments from around the globe. And that VPN that people believe they can hide behind...don’t waste your money. Encrypted apps (WhatsApp and the others like it) are not protecting your info either. Basically...if you do it on the net, you might as well do it in public. Those protection feature only stop the script-kiddies and wanna-hackerbees from getting your info. Most governments have the capability to bypass all that crap.

If reading the famous Mueller Report has taught the public *anything* is that the government can intercept anything it wants without being hindered by encryption or VPNs.

Sad but true

Solemnly yours
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

YYCannabis my friend, that's been going on since before J. Edgar. My name and probably drivers license number are listed in the dispensary I go to. I've been in the military with a top secret clearance. I've had a drivers license in three states. Pawned something. Been overseas. Paid bills online. And such. At this point in my life, I'm not sure what can befall me for purchasing seeds online. Were it nasty illegal, postal police (yep) would be knocking at my door with a couple feds. The seeds are considered 'agricultural products'. Customs has way more things to worry about than seeds that don't have their agricultural paperwork. With the few seeds I've just purchased online, a street seller would get more hassle.
      We can't avoid lists and having our 'personal' (often public) information being thrown out there, available to anyone who even gets curious.
      I take your concerns seriously. Are we being listed? Possible and probable. I, personally, don't care. Another serious comment on my part, here. Were it my choice to live my life the way I wanted, I would be living off the grid, away from city lights and loud motorcycles, and such. So, I go on.
      I just gave my neighbor my phone number because he was having car trouble. I rue the decision because he is an 18 year old who sits in his first car, smoking blunts, playing on his cell phone. That's probably another list.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I know I’m on lots of lists. I just want people to be aware that online privacy is not what they think.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        You wouldn't believe how many county, state, and federal agencies I deal with. I don't know when I realized my privacy is nil.
        I got curious if my dad's dad was still alive. It took me a four word search and a click and I found his obituary.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        YYCannabis I brought this up when it happened and I was told ...”nah...no lists”... hahaha. I even said, I’d bet even worst case scenario, they had an old Commodore 64 computer tagging stuff. There HAS to be records of everything. 1984, the book, came out when I was a teenager in High school and it was quite futuristic and to us, seemed so unrealistic . They have LONG surpassed that plan. Now it just a matter of priority, as you say.

But on another note I make all more better. From famine to feast.
      If you've been taking notes, I mentioned going through Buddy Ryan to get another round of seeds from Old Head. I don't do well with 60 years of weed smoking permafried brain, neurotic, old man threats. Even my local seed guy.
      Buddy Ryan asked straight up if he would give me more seeds. I'm told Old Head was somewhat eager to give me more. What of mine I've grown, he is impressed. Impressed enough to throw me 58 real fine, fine bagseeds! Only asking he gets some of my next harvest. It's an ego thing for him that others are growing his seed.
      Then there's the reattempt at getting me my order from MSNL. I'm gunna be flush with seeds in not too long. How many Solo cups can we grown in total?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

I ordered seeds from AMS earlier this year. They told me I wouldn't be able to get tracking b/c Customs at JFK was catching seeds easier. I pay cash that only has to be sent to CO(I'm in AZ) in order for AMS to to process/ship my order. I had my seeds in less than 2.5 weeks.
        AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
        Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
        Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system
        Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

'Dave' came through. The package still had 'search me because I am obviously a nefarious package' written all over it. I reeeeeeealy want to post a picture of what it came in.
          Purple Hulk auto and Old Skool regular for the freebees. OS is supposed to be a 6+ foot plant with a 12-14 week flowering time. Chances are I'm going to top at least once with such a long growth cycle. Probably going to wait until my west sun comes back, too.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

I have one training to look like faeries spinning down a monorail at Weedland. Just to see.
            I didn't consider one of the Old Skool in a Solo.
            I see it now.
            A 6'+ plant in an 18oz cup. Might get a little top-heavy. Might fill the cup half with cement for weight. There are holes in the cup so it might aught to work fine.
            The OS seeds don't look all that great, color wise. When next I have dirt I'll drop one in.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

ya I would be ticked if the customs people took my little package.
              Have received seeds from Spain, Seedsman (In a kids toy package), PEVgrow (came in a small obvious pakage) and now Mephisto in Canada. No problems except the length of time Seedsman took.
              My plans are to bypass seed suppliers for the most part once I have a decent clone and mother plant grow space up and running. Then trade with other growers.
              ya a clone bank system. lol

Comment

Hey John, i'd thought about getting some clones from other growers on a trade basis..but decided against it cause i didnt want to bring any unknown bugs,mites,fungus whatever into my tent. And glad i did cause one fellow had mites into two grows this year which had to be destroyed. I'd rather clone my own or spend a few bucks and get some seeds.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  good point homegrown. I suppose having a quarantine area would be the only solution.
                  Hmmm, have more grow areas. Everything keeps pointing to that. lol

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I brought two of my lemon trees in from being outdoors for only a few hours and I was in a slight panic doing that, they’re in the 315 CMH tent

A mid-week post.
                I found my main method of training using Light Addict's fluxing technique. Defoliation is heavy until the top colas really start to develop instead of leaving single fan leaf and 3 or 5 finger fans below.
                I've decided to supplement all the defoliation and LST with some supercropping of stems that aren't developing as well as others.
                To "flux" cannabis means to build a grid-like manifold at the base of the plant. This creates many big colas and can help maximize yields from a grow light!
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X