Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tap root upside down!

Should I try to flip it with tweezers?

It should figure it out but may use up a lot of energy trying to do so. Hopefully it will have the power once it finds out, to keep going. All of the power it has to get started is in that embryonic cap. Do you gamble?

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I roll that dice, baby!

If it were me, id probably try and fix it with tweezers reeeeaaaal gently. Not saying i recommend it, but i would probably do it anyways. That being said, i have killed my fair share of seedlings doing things like that lol.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I've never done those type of rooters so I can't say. Now soil I just take a toothpick and move them gently till the tap points down. Good luck

You might let it go until it gets through this period of confusion. Or with this novel idea flip it over, and poke a hole in the other side of the medium.

Comment

RFheavy now that that problem is solved....! Haha. Any thought to what you may do ?

Comment

• RFheavy
        RFheavy commented
        Editing a comment
        Every time my plants are in veg, I always end up flowering earlier than anticipated. Zero patience, sometimes. With that being said, right after I made this thread, I thought to myself "screw it, we learning today!". Got some tweezers and gave it the 180. It felt like I was defusing a bomb. Hands were shaky. I was thinking about all these potential memories to be had. Flashbacks? More like flashforwards. I gently secured the baby with my tweezers and placed her on top of the rockwool cube. Picked her back up in a more suitable position then guided her back into the cube. Long tweezers were the hero of the day. I was never in danger of crushing the seed. Hopefully she pulls through. I gave her a tiny push into the cube but nothing too crazy. Tick tock. 😑

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        RFheavy sounds like you got it.🤞a few days will tell.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X