Anyone grow in dry climates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone grow in dry climates?

Is the humidifier all you need? What are drying times like? Any pros and cons you could tell me about?

Using a swamp cooler for dry climates is a definite benefit over using AC.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Howdy RFheavy, I live (and grow) in an area designated as semi arid (yearly average rain fall of 18.5 inches) and have not needed to add any humidity into my grow space. Usually the plants (four to six per grow) put enough moisture into the air to keep the humidity up around 40% to 45% when the ambient humidity (outside) is between 25% to 30%.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• RFheavy
        RFheavy commented
        Editing a comment
        That's pretty interesting about the plants and moisture. Drying is a little quicker for you? You get different types of bugs?

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        RFheavy The only type of bugs that I have had to deal with were gnats, white flies, a scaly type of bug burrowed into the stems, and some unknown micro 'jelly bean' thing that had some short threads with it (some other growers have also posted photos of it recently). Over all, I have not had many problems with bugs, but algae is another topic! (LOL) The dry climate does allow for very quick drying of the buds after harvesting, three to four days at the most. The best benefit of a drier climate is that the only case pf bud rot or mold was when I Jared up some bud too wet and left it in a warm dark closet to cure. I now do all of the curing in the refrigerator (in jars)'
        Last edited by DW2; 11-01-2019, 11:20 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X