What's your cannabis horror story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your cannabis horror story?

When I first started growing, I tried hydro and it was just too warm in my bucket. When I came home from work, my plant was limp and lifeless. The way the main stalk leaned to one side while the rest of the branches and leaves drooped, looked so creepy to me. The roots were getting slimy and it started smelling.

Just chopped a bagseed plant in flower.overfed, overwatered, overheated. It was so brown. I'll take a pic when I get home. I've since drastically upgraded my grow site.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      You decide on the new grow light yet?

Not yet. I took a step back and realized my temps were too high for the one I had already, so I went ahead and got the T6 cloudline fan. Going to set it up today or tomorrow, after I dial my temps in then I'll revisit the new lights. They're seedlings still, so the one I have should be great through veg, I'll definitely have the light sorted out by flip time.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good call on the fan. I'm big on comfortable environments. Rh and temps on point with circulation of air. Good to hear your setup coming along!

My first time trying to mainline...i missed. i mean i topped and cut off the new growth instead of keeping one node. All it had was two fan leaves....Didn't realize what i had done for a few days until i noticed there was no new growth. I've had root rot as well, but knowing that i royally screwed the pooch was my nightmare. I've killed many plants, usually in seedling stage.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I must have tossed out so many wasted beans! I once had a seed stuck in rockwool. The husk got stuck and ripped the cotyledons right off. I was so sad that day!

I ran out of weed once, that kinda sucked.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I refuse to believe, sir!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley HORRIFYING!!!!! How can you even share that story on a public forum? It's nightmarish!!!

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup they say the best way to get through hard times it to talk about it.

Walking up to my seed patch to find it gone,,,,,,, end of strain! 15 years work gone

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch! I have yet to understand the plant on that level. Sorry to hear. Have you been able to start a new strain?

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      With all the strains available to us, not yet. I am collecting land races and may try to do it again.

My ex boyfriend (and some of his dumbass friends) once broke into my dad's garden and stole all of his 3m tall plants. Not sure what strain they were, but he was going to harvest them the next day.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohh boy that's a whippin post offence. Happened to us many years ago followed the leaf trail to the house of the thief. End of story!

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that's why he's your ex boyfriend!

• alwaystoned
      alwaystoned commented
      Editing a comment
      My dad was absolutely fuming and 10 years on has still not gotten over it. He grows autos now & keeps them up on the balcony lol. However to this day he still does not know who did it. He was already my ex when this happened, and I didn't find out it was him until years later.

Bad case of root rot shortly after I started growing in summer 2016. I didn't understand my grow environment yet: southern humidity and warm temps, using HPS 400w bulbs, the grow room got too warm and the hydroponic reservoir got too warm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	feb 7.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	346028

This was going on for some weeks during flower, but I actually did make it to harvest, but the buds were stunted. That was my second grow.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall I reckon I'm just more repressed than you...

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      One day, we should sit around a nice little comfy circle and compare repression’s. I went to Catholic School. Between the two of us, we’re screwed

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall Between your Catholic school and my Jewish guilt, we are screwed!!! Better smoke some dope.

After 35 years, I found an old hidden stash of nearly 3/4 ounce and a fair amount of seeds in it. Have not yet been able to get the seeds to germinate. Good shit too.. they eventually just turn black. Horrible!

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Would love to see the buds if you can get a seed to pop!

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah.... me too

Branches got to heavy and then some added wind took down one of my 2 plants.
    It Sucked!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	48952842346_92df955052_c.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	346067

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch. She was a big girl, too! Hopefully the wind destroyimg your crops isn't too common.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks unfortunately familiar LOL

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That is one heart-breaking picture!!!

My fortuitous GSC turned out to be a Siamese twin. She was perfect, but was not wind worthy. We had some 40 mph gusts, and she split right down the middle. Believe it or not I velcroed (is that a word?) her back together, and she has delivered me some fine smoke.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well played, sir!

I was hitchhiking east from Los Angeles, heading back home to Canada, when I scored a honking big 4-finger ounce of Oaxacan weed for $10 (that'll give you some idea of the decade!). smoked a doobie and then a kind stranger driving an El Camino picked me up. long story short...as we were driving through the desert to my ride's destination of Needles, CA I started to get REALLY PARANOID (a la Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas). it got so bad I was convinced I was somehow being "set up" (for what I don't know) and ended up stashing my ounce between the seats when he wasn't looking. jumped out in Needles and went on my way minus my brand new weed. I've always felt kinda guilty about leaving the weed between the seats and I pray my ride found it before someone else did!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      That's bat country!

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Mr.furley and my 300-lb Samoan attorney was no help at all!

We were ripped off in our weed patch some 25yrs ago followed the thieves leaf trail ( real dumbass ) to his house. Just wanted to know where he lived, we let it go sadly and I mean that he was killed in a car accident not long after we'd heard. Damn now that's depressing but it's the only time in 40+ years we ever got ripped off.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Karma !

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Instant karma: just add mindless dumbass.

Decades ago, I planted a film canister (remember those) full of bag seed way, way out in the boonies. Went back a couple of times and nothing sprouted. Must have been too dry. Months later I'm hiking out there with my girlfriend and there were police all over the place. News said it was one of the biggest hauls of the year. Didn't feel too bad because I really hadn't put too much effort into it. Sure kept the boys busy, though.
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha I've planted a few patches I was afraid to go back & harvest least the fuzz was watchin

i once saw this vid of sum rastas sitting in their backyard and enjoying their field of Ganjii.
    And naturally i wanted it too, back then it was illegal here, so cuz of everyone's paranoia i decided not to grow it at my house but to grow it at my friends house
    .He stayed in this very old very quiet mining village called "Blyvoor", far enough from most things incl fuzz.
    so we made his backyard into a beautiful bud island using the tons of smelly compost that was gathering from old leaves and cut grass,peels charcoal and this big collection of bagseed. the bud was going so well , pulled so many males, i think there was more males than female, definitely felt that way haha. now my friend while living there (before bud island)saw something moving in the corner of his yard, and found an injured chick poor thing...lol
    with no idea where it came from he kept the chicken. ah so cute so harmless so helpless...pfft.. the chicken at first was cool never saw anything like it, was following my friend everywhere, always, and it became a problem, we would sit on the carpet with our weed pad and bong, and the chicken would be all over it, maybe the first 2-3 times it was cool, but it got soooo annoying. so wed lock the chicken outside when we smoke, its like it goes crazy when it smells weed. it knows when there is weed, so "IT" would find a open window. id literally stand up for 5 min to get a beverage, then boom there is the chicken running past us straight to the weed and the chicken doesnt eat all the weed it seems to want the seeds mostly. my friend has lost soo many weed bags due to this chicken.
    the bud island was perfectly isolated from this chicken, till it learned that it can cross over the roof of the house to get there.
    at the prime of our bud Island fantasy the chicken probably had the best time any chicken ever has, when we realized what had happened it was too late, the branches were snapped budz were everywhere covered in mud it was just horrible. after picking out what we could, it ws enough to make a few blunts and bongs but nothing compared to what we lost we threw atleast 2 kgs (+-4lbs)of wet mass away
    haha he gave the chicken away tho...
    animals and weed

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have lite the BBQ,,,

• BaccaRacca
      BaccaRacca commented
      Editing a comment
      Whole new answer to "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic story!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X