Niemi LED issues and poor customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niemi LED issues and poor customer service

Hello GWE community. I want to share an extremely frustrating experience I am currently going through with Niemi LED. I purchased a 260 QB LED from them in early Sept. They never included a dimmer switch to adjust power. I contacted through their website. No response. I called their phone lines and left messages. No response. I even sent them a text message on their cell phone line explaining the situation. No response. Funny, before I purchased the light I had a few questions and customer service was there to answer. But after they took my money, no more responses.
    So I decided to escalate this issue and dispute the charges on my CC. Best decision I made so far. ...and wouldn’t you know after my bank became involved and funds were questioned...Niemi LED does know how to use a phone and respond to a text. They do have a functioning customer service department. So far, it’s been a crap experience. The individual made promises to send me a dimmer, but failed to come through. That was 10 days ago. I am continuing the CC dispute until I get my dimmer or a refund. I suggest avoiding this company at all costs.
    If they decide to WTFU and complete this transaction, I will update this post. Until then please avoid this company, unless you don’t mind being ripped off then ghosted.
    Last edited by Toker1; 10-20-2019, 12:20 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Rotten experience but good on ya for posting here.
    You should tell the dickheads that you post on forums that are observed by thousands.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I did exactly that this morning.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or just ask them a simple question -"Is dick head one word or two?"

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. When they meet my dickhead lawyers from my bank... it will be plural dickheads one word I believe. I was never a really language guy... but I know my math.

Great write-up toker, that I'm sure will help alot of folks.
    I almost bought one of those QB260, last week from Niemi, glad I didn't now, I got an HLG, instead, and it seems to be doing fine.
    That kind of no response, from light sellers, gives me a severe case of the redass.
    Give them hell.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks D.A.A.S.69 red ass is exactly how I feel right now.
      Thanks for the support!

With all the new start up company and the promise of efficiency in led technology, I would expect this to become a common problem.
    Thanks for the heads up on this company. It is a clear problem with the customer service dept and quality control.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree!! Thanks for commenting.

What a huge bummer Toker1 I sure hope you get compensated.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Will keep the hope, but not looking good so far.

Received an email today saying dimmer has been sent today. This is the second time in the last two weeks I have been told this. Hoping this is the last time I hear it.

Comment

Mr.furley is right, there will be developing competition in many products used for growing and the fallout will be substantial for companies with mediocre customer service. Sadly, a blacklist has value but it’s important to give them a chance to correct a problem...

Toker1 has done that....so the shit list it is! i

Comment

I received 2 things... a refund from my bank and a dimmer switch from Niemi. I was about to inform my bank, then I decided to give this new switch a test run. Another good decision on my part, because the new dimmer switch does not allow the light to brighten with the adjustment knob. The switch dims but doesn’t allow adjustments for increasing watts. Fail! Sent Niemi another email today explaining that the switch they send me was non-functional.
        As of right now, I’m giving them 1 more chance to send me a functional dimmer switch. If they can not provide one, I will be returning this light.

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Bummer on there part.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. 🤔 I hate to throw shade before I fully understand a situation. But this is not a good look for them.

Niemi LED sent me another dimmer today! Arrives this Thursday. If all goes well, I will drop my case with my bank and allow Noemi LED to reprocess their payment funding. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good on ya for being a hardass.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! You have to with some people. They don’t listen any other way.

Well, I finally got a light that dims properly!
        So I will contact my bank and release payment back to the company again. Sucks that it came down to disputing the charge on credit card with my bank, but I am happy with the end result of getting the light I paid for. Thanks for joining me for this ride. Hope you all have great experiences with your purchases.

Comment

I've got the same light. When it came the wires were a bit loose and I had to tighten them but got it working. What do you mean 'The switch dims but doesn’t allow adjustments for increasing watts' ? I've got the white switch with the knob on top that rotates and adjusts brightness...which I assumed was also wattage. Is that incorrect.. in week 7 of flowering now lol
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
          Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            The dimmer adjusts the wattage and light brightness.

Did the kit come with an HLG_240H-48AB driver?
          That driver has both an internal dimming pot and leads to connect external dimming controls. You should have been able to adjust the light intensity with a small screwdriver.
          Also, alot of the dimmers used have a small circuit board that is powered by the dimmer circuit. YOU MUST MAKE SURE THAT THE POLARITY OF THE WIRING CONNECTIONS ARE CORRECT-IT WONT WORK OTHERWISE........LET ME TELL YOU HOW I KNOW THIS
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it was wired correctly. Just a faulty dimmer. Yes, I know about the screwdriver... but the external dimmer is easier and more safe. You really shouldn’t take a screwdriver to anything that is plugged in to an electrical socket, just as good practice.

• WizardsNThings
            WizardsNThings commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine lists that in the item page but I actually got the C2100B. Not really sure of the difference except there is no manual part to change the wattage

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X