Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluteous
    replied
    After four years in the Army learning computer programming OJT, been in IT for over 30 years. Programming, installing, supporting, basically a human IT Multi-Tool. Looking forward to hanging it up in about 5yrs.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Money for college:
    Shark bait for a Scripps Institute study
    Land diving in
    Pentecost Island, Vanuatu

Chippendale understudy (How could I not be?)
    Toilet paper roller. Ever get a toilet paper cut? That last one was pretty good.
    Toothpick whittler/vendor.
    Waif.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    Formerly a broadcast engineer ensuring the delivery of propaganda for the MACHINE!

• starramus
    replied
    Full time social parasite of the rentier class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z8SpgmF0sA

Leave a comment:

• kingfish
    commented on 's reply
    After my failed carrier as a Dental Floss Tycoon, I ended up a retired Telephone Man.
    Last edited by kingfish; 10-22-2019, 07:26 PM.

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    I can relate to culinary businesses - worked in beer parlors in my early 20's - had lots of fun, live rock band every weekend.

• Obi-Wan
    replied
    I’ve been in the culinary field for the last 25 years, 10 years as a cook and the last 15 running kitchens. TV makes it seem glamorous and some would say it’s slave labor....my experience is a bit of both, as with everything in life, it’s all about the effort you put in.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    My nephew is a big crane operator also.

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    What is it with you crane operators?

I got an uncle, very similar story
    ran cranes, got hurt, went to computers, the stress of computers (no money and people) drove him back into the crane seat

• Rwise
    replied
    Most of my carrier, I was an Overhead crane tech, I spent many hours in the seat of a pickup truck heading for the next job site. Overtime plenty up to 120 yours a week,, a new temp ask if he could go to full time so he would have less hours,,, I built, repaired, inspected, installed overhead bridge cranes. I am also always the head asshole in charge, just ask anyone that worked under/with/around me,,,
    I also got hurt in 94 (back injury), and went to school for PCs, and then to TV Guide where I worked the servers that do their scrolly channel. This was a fun job, and I held a compac cert that allowed me to do warranty service on the new compc PCs we used (2000 on). I maintained around 5000 PCs of various breeds. I always told them they would have to run me off with a big stick, when the lady came in to tell us the bad news (with pink slips), the others told her I new it was coming. She ask me how long I new "4 years" is what I told her and the others nodded yes. When in a big corp setting they post online what the future holds, Tulsa was not in their long term plans,,, say byby!
    So I went back to the overhead cranes at top current pay, had a bad crash and took the disability I should have in 95,,,,

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    Frank Zappa? is that you?

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    lol priceless!

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your service Formernuke.

• dphipps1020
    replied
    Server at Village Inn. Looking to get into commercial growing cause I live in Colorado but I would like to get everything down first. Got big plans and the motivation to get it done but I have to wait a couple more years still. Figured I would start early and slowly upscale and when the time comes I will be ready. Until then it's slave labor for me with a hobby my dogs and I enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    replied
    23 years and counting in IT.
    No soul left 😁 for them to break
    mostly, love my job

One of my first gigs, involved getting a guy set up and working with 3D Max and their hardware license dongle (their support was a nightmare, ended up resolving the issue by rummaging in usergroups)

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X