Trading clones for finished product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading clones for finished product

Hey, everyone, I was hoping you could help with a question. I have fellow grower interested in clones and I need finished product so was going to do some trading but not sure of how many clones say for a half-ounce of finished? Then do I give them right after it starts growing roots? after established in grow medium or after it starts reverting back to veg?

This is going to come down to a personal choice as to how much you thing it's worth.
    my personal choice would be, I keep my genetics and pay for a bag of weed.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

By my rough calculations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzddAYYDZkk a half ounce of flower in Colorado is about $100.00. Clones go for $10 to $15 each. 6 to 7 clones should do him. Can't you clone from a plant still in veg? I have cloned from a plant just before harvest, but it usually takes a aeroponics cloner.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Clones in this locale are $15 for one, but if 6 are purchased the price comes down to $10 per clone. If using Rapid Rooters be sure you've got lots of roots protruding. Clones in the hood are in Rock wool cubes sitting in a solo cup. Yes monster cropping is like watching the mountains erode. An aeroponics cloner will make success more of a certainty. Lots of roots is your best bet. I have been placing the rapid rooter into baby food jars so I can monitor root formation. I know roots don't like light, but you can put a construction paper sleeve over the jar.

• CC420710
        CC420710 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have tried several methods with cloning so far and honestly I have had most luck using jars with a mix of soil and pebbles. I want to get a better cloning machine but my little aeroponics one is less successful than my jar. As far as time about how long on average before a flower clone will start growing new leaves? Any other tricks to it? I am still trying and waiting but definitely not as easy as veg clones. I have had 3 successfully start growing roots but just aren’t growing up top

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Misting, misting, and more misting. You are in a race between root formation, and leaf death.

An old post.
      • starramus starramus
        Green Thumb

01-03-2019, 08:42 PM

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0585.JPG Views:	4 Size:	1.58 MB ID:	281240 I recently got a seedling that was clipped off at the base of the stem by an insect to root. With Clonex, and rapid rooter it took some time, but not 2 weeks. I will have to say I was SHOCKED that it worked. As soon as I saw those roots poking out of the side of the rapid rooter I plopped it back into the dirt. Certainly glad I persevered, and tenaciously stuck to this rescue.

Even in a cloner it takes some time. Photo is of the clones I took for monster cropping. Took much longer than I thought maybe because clones were in late flowering. Second photo is of "meet my leetle friend" the monster cropped clone. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0612.JPG Views:	4 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	281241

Last edited by starramus; 01-03-2019, 09:01 PM.

• Edit
        • Comment
        • Flag
        • Like 0

1 comment
        • starramus
          #4.1

starramus commented
          01-03-2019, 09:04 PM

I usually do not grow in the basement, but since it is winter, and obviously can't grow outside, and because I refuse to heat my barn, I have no alternative. Everybody is going into the basement to bask under the CMH. That is of course after I nuke the area with plenty of insectic

Comment

It really depends on quality and supply/demand in your local area. After clones grow roots, they need to get established. After that, they should be ready for someone else to care for.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• CC420710
          CC420710 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what I was thinking but wasn’t sure
          so thankyou

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No prob.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X