Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Know What This Is

Hey All,

Fairly new to growing (2nd run). Right now I've come up against a problem that I'm not sure how to diagnose and/or fix. Currently this lady is vegging about 3 weeks in. Currently sitting in a 4x4x6 tent, nutrients every 2-3 days followed by a flush w/Cal-Mag after 2 feedings. During my first grow attempt I came up against various issues (nitrogen deficiency mostly) but this time I'm starting to see little pin holes in the top leaves of one plant. No noticeable pests on either side of the leaves, and can't seem to establish what is going on. Any help/insight would be appreciated, thanks!

-J
    Attached Files

You got pests.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Jhodg2787
      Jhodg2787 commented
      Editing a comment
      What kinda pest do you think it is and/or is there an umbrella remedy for pests?

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to say with out seeing an actual pest on the plant. Doesn’t seem like you have an infestation. Still good to use some organic insect soap on the leaves. Never spray buds with anything.

You might try this for an easy fix. https://homeguides.sfgate.com/dawn-d...ent-82536.html If it doesn't work bring in the nukes.

Comment

It's hard to say really with those pics. I was thinking caterpillar, inchworm or leaf hopper but im no expert. Check out https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures and see if something there is similar to your symptoms. There it will also tell you how to get rid of them. Neem oil and Spinosad are kinda an umbrella remedies but for caterpillars i dont think neem oil works. It's best if you can identify the culprit before doing a blanket remedy. I may be mistaken but i see something like tiny white worms or larvae in the second pic zoomed in the middle by the hole in the leaf. Could just be some white fibers that got on the leaf but i cant tell.

Comment

Looks like salt

Comment

Howdy Jhodg2787, I do not know what those are, but I have had them show up on several of my past grows. I treated them with an Azamax foliar spray and a dose of Azamax directly into the reservoirs. This did clear they out after a couple of days.
          Good luck with them.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey all, thanks for the useful info. I'm wondering if as we are preparing to transplant all of the ladies into 5 gallon buckets if using Neem Seed Meal might be a good option for a soil additive to possibly eradicate what I'm seeing. So far only appears to be one plant of the 6, still no signs of bugs (did a thorough check today). Anybody have any experience with other products? I have used neem oil as a foliar spray in the past, so I'm also wondering if I should hit then all with that on both sides of the leaves?

-J

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, that will work. Just note bugs can grow tolerances. So if one product isn’t working, try switching up.

Quick update. Neem seed meal seems to have helped. Successful transplant and haven't seen any issues since.
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X