Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    I know a dozen Vermonters who say “foilage”. When I first heard it 45 yrs ago, I thought...” what the hell are they saying.... this is THE land of fall foliage.

• Tersky
    commented on 's reply
    haha yeah i think hes just always really high. that can make someone smile too much and act creepy. Not that im basing this on personal experience *cough*. I never notice his foliage pronunciation, probably cause i was too high myself.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Tersky That dude creeps me out! He said "foilage" instead of "foliage." Snap, crackle, pop!!!
    Last edited by alltatup; 10-12-2019, 02:21 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    alltatup yes and it's been great so far. I started I think 3yrs ago, read most of what I needed to get started from this site. Of course I started and still do what i'm comfortable with growing weed. Middle of the road setup but I've grown out of the 3x3 now into a 4x4x8 and 2 450r viperspectras which I enjoy and have good results. I'm using it also for starting my summer garden veggies. I've really enjoyed learning to grow indoors and training. After this 4 photo grow i'm doing i'm going to try 6 autos in tall empty coffee containers 51oz I think. I did a scrog once made a bamboo frame and everything but my dog when he was a pup destroyed it LOL.
    It's a blast being up close to them, training and learning all the time. Yours are sure looking great love your training.

Leave a comment:

• Tersky
    commented on 's reply
    Kushman does this thing called cannabis chiropractic plant training. I audibly gasped the first time i watched that part of the vid. I was wearing headphones lol. Here is the vid im talking of. 19:19 for the part im talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfW2p-lHN0

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't realize that you grew indoors, too!! Cool beans!!!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Of course, one can always do that in the days prior to cutting the plant down, during the flush. I'm with you on that one.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Tersky I will definitely take this into consideration, and look up Kushman's vid.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I agree although I've grown mostly outdoor and indoor i'm on I think my 3rd yr? I've removed leaf both ways. I need to be cautious as mentioned with autos, still getting my mojo on with those but my photos indoors I've always taken leaves off throughout the grow, carefully with consideration of light. I love it alltaup.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    replied
    Thank you for sharing 😍
    (and the 2 hours homework)
    (and providing a reason to have to spend more time in the flowerbox)

Looks like I can stand to be a little more 'plucky' during flower. Especially when I look at the pile of fans from last harvest 😁
    and more aggressive with removal of petioles, instead of just snipping the fans off

Leave a comment:

• Gluteous
    replied
    I'm also a fan of defol until late flower. If it's blocking bud sites, it goes. Love that it severely shortens trimming during take down.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    They key IS to find a good balance and if growing autos, you need to really know where and when

• s62
    replied
    I’m with you on this one. Continuous defoliating is how I roll. They change so fast, that it just makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Tersky
    replied
    I learned a new word..."petiole", though google didnt help me understand it. I also do continuous defoliation, though i tend to slow down the closer it is to harvest for a couple reasons. A) There are not any new leaves growing and the leaves absorb the light so removing too many can make it harder for the plant to photosynthesize. B) Close to harvest i want the plant to spend most of it's energy making buds, not recovering from a trim. That is why i do a major haircut about a month into flowering, depending on how fast strain is supposed to finish, and then do maintenance leaf removal when i see bud sites being blocked. I used to do massive leaf removal but then saw a vid from Kyle Kushman about training and defoliation and he likened the leaves to solar panels (which they basically are) and said removing too many leaves actually hurts the plant deep in flower because it cant absorb all the light produced by our fancy high intensity lights. So i've been looking for that balance

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    During the classes I had discussed this with SiriusFourside and he told me ...go for it, continuous defoliation works. Every time you look at the plants you see a place that just looks full again. Did this on my last crop and it produced over 700 g per wet

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X