small yield, killer smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small yield, killer smoke

so, i've got to say that black chlerry punch from our buddy Paul is the MOST enjoyable smoke i've ever had! it smells like candy and tastes sweet. the high is incredible, full body buzz and couch lock. I only yielded 1 oz from my plant though. Maybe I should have let her grow more before switching to flower? What do you guys think?
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Alot of time and effort for such a small amount of bud. Id recommend buying from someone nebula recommend. Paul is not a geneticist or a decent breeder.

We are averaging 6oz +per plant from msnl.com
    Happy growing and congrats on the killer buds!

Comment

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tips. I've used the general hydroponics grow box since I started. I'm switching over to coco after my clone is done. I use 5 gallon buckets but I drilled a bunch of holes in them, up to about halfway. I keep a fan on them, and use vipaspectra 450 watt lights (2). My previous grow (2 blue widow and 2 pow 33 X berry bomb) was fine, but I still only yielded about 2 oz per plant. I don't think the problem is necessarily with the seeds, I think I'm just not dialed in yet.

I have Paul;s Rusty Glue F2, and I must say it is nice! Sets heavy, the buds hang down like a weeping willow, very sticky makes nice balls of trics (hash LOL) and a fast finish, first in my garden! Many friends have clones from them and are happy as well. This was the free seed from my order and the best I got! So far it beats the Bruce Banner 3,,,

Comment

I feel like a dumb ass for asking but who is Paul?

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think he’s the person behind newguy420seeds.

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok. Thanks. I've heard his name a couple times but had no idea who he was.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes thats him

Yep he's the newguy420seeds. I've got 2 black cherry punch and 2 burnt cookie in the tent as we speak. They are 5wks old just did top and LST on 3 and one will be tied up in a couple more days. Very vigorous growth once they got their roots dug in. I'm very pleased with the outdoor burnt cookie of his I grew this season, it's still curing. I'm pleased with his seeds. Price is right also
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Planting in the woods, I found a spot that looked good in the spring, planted and left. Harvest time rolled around and went to them to find 4 plants 3" (inches) tall with only a small center bud, the soil was completely white with alkali, the smoke it would kick you ass! About 4 joints from the patch,,,,,

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Little gems...

purpleman
        a five gallon bucket will take sometime to fill in with roots and a 450w burple light may not be big enough for the plant size you can get in a 5 gallon bucket
        have you though about using a 3 gallon smart pot?
        how long did you veg for?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I would recommend smart pots with coco and perlite mix at 60% to 40%.
          How long did you veg that plant? And was it a clone?

• purpleman
          purpleman commented
          Editing a comment
          no, I grew that plant from seed. I did take a clone from her that is in veg now. I think 2 months.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep that clone and run it in you new pots with coco will tell you if it's a genetic problem or you old setup.

Hi purpleman I use soil mix my own indoor and outdoor. In the indoor I add lots of coco that I washup. Sure is nice stuff to help "fluff" my organic mix, I use more of the coco coir in my outdoor mix. Plants love it and do always use lots of perilite to it like Mr.furley stated. I've noticed a more rapid growth from my indoor mix now that I've used coco, roots spread out quicker I think. Have fun.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• purpleman
          purpleman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! All the tips are helpful. I'm gonna get some smart pots and go from there. The coco I ordered is 70/30, so I may add a little more perlite.

purpleman

Here is my thoughts on pot size
        You are running a 450 W purple light which has an actual power draw of 200 watt and it isn't reasonable to expect 6 Plus ounces per plant, the people that tell you that grow under 1000 watt HID lights in big rooms, so Make your environment the best for what you have work with and dont buy into delusions of grandeur.
        A 3 gallon smart pot with coco perlite mix and a good nutrient line will allow quick root development to fill a pot which will cut down on your veg time to get you to flower faster. I think that a small pot is a better choice under a lower watt light then us big light guys use, Coco and smart pots will also be better than your hardware store brand soil and five gallon buckets, it is reasonable to say you can pull 4oz up underneath that light with two plant and on a good day you could see more.

If you are going to want/need to produce more I would think about looking at another light, hlg has some great lights for the money, COB light are picking up and the ture work horse for cannabis mh/HPS.

I am not going to argue over genetics and will let you make that decision for yourself the fact is you're the one growing it so you'll know best and In my opinion no matter who you get seeds from there is always a Chace for a unstable/lame genetic or phenotype. If your environment isnt dailed in there is no way to have a control or comparison for what good, bad, or great is, so I would start their.

what nutrient line are you going to run with that coco?
        Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-14-2019, 08:37 PM.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• WizardsNThings
          WizardsNThings commented
          Editing a comment
          I just switched to an HGL 300 and am running two 3 gallon smart pots. Didn't veg that long as I had 4 plants, then in flower decided I didn't have room and ditched two. Also using fox farm ocean. My advanced nutrients are really low, so I am going to take the opportunity to switch to General Hydroponics and coco/perlite for the next grow to compare. The last grow with the same setup was about 2oz per plant but again, could've vegged longer and was with 2 x 450 Vipars. Curious to see how these current two come out.

• purpleman
          purpleman commented
          Editing a comment
          I've used the general hydroponics nutrients. Man, I really appreciate all the help.
          Couple more questions before I start with the new pots and medium. I guess up until I move them to their final pot, Its ok to start in a peat pellet and a 1 pint plastic pot, then to a 1 gallon plastic pot, then to the smart pot? And, since there won't be any nutrients in the coco, what do I begin with, nutrient wise?

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd just skip the one gallon pot.
          Jiffy cube, no nutes first week
          Pint pot, 1/4 dose every other watering for the second week.
          Make sure you are watering in a small circle around your small plant for the first two weeks
          In the third week you can up the nutes to 1/2 strength every other water.
          If the plants are light green in color up the nutes
          If your plants are a medium green you have the correct dose.
          If your plant are dark green and/or have yellow tips you have to much nutes.
          By the Forth week you should be able to feed the whole pot and should be looking at your final transplant to the forever home.

Mr.furley ahhhh I got it. Yes by far the containers and medium is a big detail. And I do know you are correct with the HID and I thank you for the kind reply. Man I love this forum great learning here. I get what your saying. Keep on growing and keep on learning.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• purpleman
          purpleman commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhh, thank you OB Wan Kanobi

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X