No announcement yet.

I challenge you to a duel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to say I'm going to have to bow out of this friendly competition, I simply won't have room in my grow area. But wish you all the best and happy holidays,and rest assured I will be following along. I'd actually thought about turning the cup upside down..
    peace..
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Sorry mr furley and guys im bowing out also just not in right position to give it q proper go grow sorry. All the best guys and il be watching updates awesome ideas i see out there
      IO'D

Comment

Mr.furley Come to find out I had some 16 oz styrofoam cups in my cabinet. I’ve got a couple autos laying around too. Spiders coming to my farm on the third for a visit, so I guess him and I can work it out on starts. I may change up my strains too. Basically, it’s not a problem not starting on the first is it?

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          You can start whenever you'd like after the first. 👍

There will always be other friendly comps.

I am almost ready to go depending on if this is set-up is acceptable or not.
        Spent about $45 Ca for the pail, pump, timer and such. Set to water for 15 minutes at a time through the day on a drip system. Roots won't be in water just in the cup suspended in the air by the pail lid. If that's not kosher then I can modify it.
        Think this could help me scare some of the growers here.

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          You could line the cup with smart pot fabric, or some such.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          That might just do it. Hmmm, do I have such a thing in my junk storage?

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          Some sort of waterfall? Put your fabric at the top to contain and shade the roots

Reduce the hole count and put them high, will still have roots chasing the water flow

So now the only thing in a 4’x8’ tent is going to be a 16oz solo cup and a 330w light !

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoa now Farmall ? You might be cheating yourself a couple ounces with a 16.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you mean use 18oz? It’s hardly 11. 2% bigger. Like a 5 gallon being 5 1/2.... thinking it’s minimal change. Bad enough I need to blow off another 1100watts of led. Hell, I won’t even need eye protection...😎

GreenState Corogold
        bummer you can't join. We will have another one.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks mr furley im gutted get me some experience training in il win the next one ahahaha
          IO'D

Comment

The Dixie cups I got ain't but 14ozs. Are mine the right size? I thought that was the normal size, but I never studied up on Dixie cups, so I don't know, how many different sizes they got.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you FBLovin an MrFurley,
              18oz, HappyHolidays

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              I found 18 oz and compared them to 16 oz I already had. They are the same size exactly. Not sure why the 16 oz can hold 18 to the brim but state they are 16 and not 18? Either way I am using a red solo style cup.for the duel...lol

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Shoulda got you some Yankee cups instead.

Number 1 of The Rules says the plant must grow in the 100 days. That means we don't have to plant on January 1?
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure you can plant anytime between the start and end dates.

Does the plant have to still be alive and in the cup at the cutoff date?

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              FunkyButtLovin
              You can plant anytime after the 1st and if you finish before the judging date, document it, save your pictures and details then submit it once that thread opens if you are doing more then the grow off.

I do not what the comp to dictate haverst dates and cause over ripping of a plants.

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool. If I start closer to the end of January, I can work it with my next grow and still have 70+ days.

Mr.furley
            was there some mention of artistic judging?

I got some ideas I would like to run by you

solo cup of dirt, with seed and call it "Potential"

Solo cup that I tell you has a seed (oh, it has a seed, nudge nudge, wink wink) and call it "Schroedingers best?"

artistic? right?

{8o_~

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              You are encouraged to be artistic, that's funny lunkin.

OT Seed sale!!!! Tomato seeds that is .I can recommend these folks for seeds, have grown some interesting varieties
            https://www.tomatofest.com/Tomato_Se..._Sale_s/43.htm

(Edit--posted to the wrong thread, sorry.. but enjoy)
            "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks green I have used Bakercreek heirlooms ,looking forward to growing some of these

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Very interesting strains there. I have been growing my uncles tomatoes since he passed. I know it's an heirloom strain but we just call them Uncle James tomatoes. We always have because he started growing that variety right after world war two and was still growing them when he passed. That's when I got some of his seeds and have grown them since. They are so much sweeter than modern strains.

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha,ha....well I'm glad the link might be useful to some of ya'll..I just have a very hard time deciding on variety. Tend to go with some of the cold weather, short season stuff. Any always one or two bull heart types.
              All the best, staying off the roads myself today, nasty out.

Two days left ,I got the evil eye from the wife saying your doing an inside grow,why yes dear sativa and cbd , and 1 auto in a solo cup that got a head shake , I'll tell you all shes a saint
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              You are a very blessed man, OJH.

I wanna play so bad i'm trying to figure out if and how to post on here. What app or WTF photo upload thing got pics on my phone but trying to figure how to upload i'm so flipping frustrated uggg
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Email the photo's to yourself. Upload with your computer, not your phone.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I did some to my email but when I hit GWE submit pics they don't show up anywhere i'm still working on it GDMF technology

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal take a look at the upper left corner of your dialog window. There's a camera. Click the camera. A little below the way bottom is a button that says 'Upload'. Click that and follow the bouncing ball.

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                Not going to get me with "follow the bouncing ball" thing

Again

Literally just days in on my first grow (dwc) and I stumble across this thread. I think this is a good opportunity to try a different grow medium and learn a few things
              Last edited by NickyChicks; 12-30-2019, 10:06 PM.
              4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
              GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
              Second.Grow​​
              PC.Grow
              Grow.3
              4th.Grow
              I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• NickyChicks
                NickyChicks commented
                Editing a comment
                RagWeedDWC still going to run a dwc setup, was considering using coco mix for the Solo cup. I ended up making a solo cup net pot for dwc that should be able to properly feed and drain while not allowing the roots to grow outside of the cup.

• RagWeedDWC
                RagWeedDWC commented
                Editing a comment
                My bad, your right, forgot what thread I was on :-) , that's the same issue I was having and modified a growbag to fit inside the cup.

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                Just because you have a favorite grow style doesn't mean you can't dabble in the other styles. My first and favorite grow was also DWC, and I still think it makes the most and stickiest buds. But soil is also fun even though it's less efficient in terms of production per time. Unless you're doing this solely to maximize output, then dabbling in everything and keeping what you enjoy will keep growing fun for a long time.

I'm going try coco for this as well as soil alongside my normal DWC and soil grows.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X