No announcement yet.

I challenge you to a duel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I've decided on my strain for that grow. Gonna grow Critical CBD I think. It's a 1 to 1 strain that's supposed to be about 15%CBD 15% THC. I've been wanting to have ones actual levels tested.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Challenge accepted. I am still a rookie so expectations are low, but the thought of a dark horse upset is always fun. Did I hear someone say wake up...wake up you fool.
      My current grow will be done just before this comp starts so timing is good.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you will join JohnEmad
        We are all rookies at this I mean what right minded cannabis grow would say "let's Spend months growing the biggist plant in a small pot"

Doesn't have to be the biggest to win does it Mr.furley ? I thought if I grew the best looking autoflower..........

I think the trickiest part to this challenge is - How does one modify or improve the capability of the red solo cup.
      Obviously we will all be poking holes in the bottom - but why stop there? Hehehe
      Is it better to have some small rocks on the bottom to help improve drainage? Or not?
      To LST or no LST?
      I have a pretty good idea what I will do.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Correct Canuck147 it's not just a big plant contest and dry weight will have nothing to do with it.
        The words "cup appeal" roll of the tongue almost, I can't speak for the judge for what will be the wow factor. it is going to be very important to figure out how to contain the plant keep it healthy, and grow the best it can grow for a small container, is Coco the best? What mix ratio? perlite? All perlite? So many possibilities, so little cup.
        Last edited by Mr.furley; 10-12-2019, 12:58 PM.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Am I the only fool looking to use super soil?
          Gorilla 3x3
          LEC 315
          Kind Soil
          Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Spidermite s62 Compost teas for me lads...swear by the stuff...and often at it as well

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Im still a rookie with the compost tea but that is my plan. Soil, teas and ammend as necessary. Well to be fair, I'm a rookie across the board haha. So I'm sticking to what I know

I'll probably be out the competition before the first week 😂

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            s62 I just love super soil as you know...but, something seems to be saying that it could be more better using coco. The nutrients can be continually added as needed when they become exhausted and the coco can be flushed and re-energized. How would that be compared to the boost of the super soil once the roots reach down into it and eventually eat up the small amount of supersoil nutes. After all, in a solo cup, you’re rather limited. The ratio, in theory, would be only 2 oz of super soil to the 16oz cup. Just a possibility.

I see a side by side grow and theyre small enough to actually test out the idea

PaganRich Tagged me. I haven’t decided if I’m gonna grow this winter or not. I have everything for my grow nice and ready. If I do I’ll be growing lemon ak47 autos. I was laughing with Rich the other day and even showed him my stack of bags of soil on my porch...lmao. I may have to kick y’alls asses again, just as long as I don’t have another fire😂
          Attached Files

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz Last year I accidentally started a soil fire in my tent and lost 1/2 my grow. It was pre smoked blue cheese

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing like a bit of smoked cheese and crackers Retodd

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz I still ended up w a couple ounces. I built a custom flex box for training, trying to get 20oz from one plant. I’d sit in the room and smoke while I’d work and put the smokes out in the corner of my box. Well, that part doesn’t get water. Dry soil + fan + butted out cigarette = a smoldering fire for hrs😁

back in the 80s I went to school for electronics for the digital part we had to build a car horn that worked , I made a ice cream truck sounding horn ,on hot days I would blow the horn on one block then go over 2 blocks and hit it again had the wee ones running all over hell looking for the truck ,evil bastard that I am lol.
          I thought about using super soil but didn't think it wouldn't go the grow so I decided on coco, could do 8 plants and feed them a bunch of times a day ,hmmm maybe a sea of green nope that wont work to many to feed
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds to me like you’re just tooting your own horn ole buddy

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            "Sounds to me like you’re just tooting your own horn ole buddy" about swallowed my cigar!

Count me in, I messed up my last grow and now ended up with a pile of seeds haha. I will experiment with these seeds and find something suitable for January

Got no idea how I'll keep that alive in there till the end but I'm always up for a challenge

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Good deal Peebz
            Glad you'll come along.

I've been following along and I'm in as well. Looks like it'll be a Gorilla Glue Auto from Fast Buds for my try. Give me something to do between shoveling and snow blowing. While I'm sure some of you have worse winters than I do but the "average" winters of 100" of the stuff are enough to wear you down.
          TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
          EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
          AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
          IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
            OlderNOTwiser commented
            Editing a comment
            Just throwing my hat in makes me feel like I have a chair at the grownup table this Holiday Season! I'm fairly certain I'll fail miserably but if I can have fun, get at least some bud, learn a ton of stuff then it's all good!

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            We had 1/2 inch if snow last year. And our average winter cold temps are in the 40s with highs in the 60s. We could grow all year round if it were not for a few cold spells.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            After a four day storm last year that put 40 inch around the sun popped out on March 3 and the temperature dropped to -27f for 3 days. I wish I could grow outside year round.

KOOL !!
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Not sure if I’ll remain in the competition this winter. I’m not having much luck with the ak. I’ve been down a lot health wise too. It’s hard to care for your girls when it’s hard to get out of bed. It’s been 2 weeks almost and it’s still only 2” tall. I think I may have gone too rich on my soil mix. Oh well. I have plenty to unload still

Comment

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              Retodd Sorry about the major faux pas. I misinterpreted your impediment to be one of a psychological nature. In whatever way you can it will do you good to get back into the growing routine.

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll throw him a seed in the pot so he can compete. I'm taking my vacation over the winter so will just have maybe 5 plants plus the farm so I'll have time. He is my bud so I'll win for him.

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              You bringing it with you on your visit bud? Lmao

Originally posted by OlderNOTwiser View Post
            I've been following along and I'm in as well. Looks like it'll be a Gorilla Glue Auto from Fast Buds for my try. Give me something to do between shoveling and snow blowing. While I'm sure some of you have worse winters than I do but the "average" winters of 100" of the stuff are enough to wear you down.
            You're gonna waste a Gorilla Glue Auto on this "competition"? I have ten of them myself, and 10 Green Cracks. I bought them during that Fastbuds promotion. Such a deal. I'll use one of my crap seeds from an unwanted pregnancy for this. I have my thimble all prepped with Super Soil!

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              This 'competition' has prizes at the end this time - so, yes please - use your crap seed.

Guys if Retodd wont compete I'll enter one for hi .
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I love it. I am in.

So what is the criteria if not weight? Is this like chopped where it is innovation, presentation and taste? (I suppose we can mail in a nug for the taste test :-) )

I have to re-read the thread and get acclimated to the rules.

Its gonna be a great year !

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad your in!

• billyboy
                billyboy commented
                Editing a comment
                "cup appeal"

I love it

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                "Cup appeal"👍

This going to give me an idea if I want to try a 6 pot SOG. Dwarf strains, perhaps. It would require adding to or upgrading my LED wattage. I was using a 350 in my 2x2x4.5 (veg side of tent.) That was giving me 87.5 watts/sf. Upping my wattage to 450 and opening my space to the full 2x3 would drop my w/sf to 75 and adding a little distance between the light and canopy, losing plant height. Getting a 600 watt would give me 100 w/sf, increase distance between light, more heat (not an issue). I've read on other non GWE sites that 75 w/sf is adequate... or plenty. I can add a 150 watt LED to hit 500 watts total and 83 w/sf.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X