Site related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site related

First let me start by saying thanx, glad to see the forum back!
    I get this message
    Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    in the message center. I can still see the PMs,,
    Is there a way to get notices when one gets a PM?

There's also something wrong with attachments.

There is an "Upload Attachments" and "Upload from URL" button beneath the reply box. That works. But, if I click "insert" and choose "fullsize," I get an error when trying to post the message, saying "please upload at least one photo."

It's strange because I can preview the post. The inserted photo looks fine. But, trying to "post reply" results in that error message. (I got around it somehow last night. But, it wouldn't let me post a photo this morning. I had to post the reply with the photo as an attachment at the bottom of the post.).

FWIW: It's confusing that I can upload photos as attachments, and insert them into the post (the way you'd expect a photo to be provided). But, if I click the camera icon to "share photos" I get another set of upload buttons. There's no feature to put those photos inline. They seem more like attachments.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      az2000
      I havent played since the last update

'Photos'
      Adds them at the end of the post (in a scrolling viewer)
      After adding the photos, and saving the post. You could edit your post (and place your photos inline, same controls as 'attachments')

'Attachments'
      Could immediately be added inline
      Any attachments that weren't inline, appeared at the end of the post, in a non scrolling viewer (you have to look at each picture 1 by 1)

• az2000
      az2000 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the explanation of share photos versus attaching photos (and inserting them inline with the text). A few minutes ago I was able to do the latter, no errors. Maybe someone read my post and fixed it quickly. Or, it's a random issue and I didn't hit it that time. (I hit the the problem last night, but was able to get it to work after trying 3-4 times.).

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      There was some Android platform problems after the fourm came back up that has been corrected. The forum has gone down before and each time there has been a glitch or two, if you come across a error it can be resolved by email a screen shot of the problem to the administrator with a description of what's going on.

Originally posted by az2000 View Post
    There's also something wrong with attachments.
    FYI, somewhat related to my prior post about photos as attachments (inserted inline with the text, which seems to be fixed now), I just attached a PDF to a post, and used the "insert" function to put the attachment inline.

It posts fine. But, when I click the attachment link (the one inserted into the post), it's a broken link. But, the attachment at the bottom works fine.

Comment

I have gotten the ‘You are not authorized to view” message randomly since last year.... never really figured out why. Infrequent but I just go to that post and it’s fine

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        So did I, but not with frequency I'm currently having. I PM's admin ( SiriusFourside ) a couple a days ago and they have replied they are aware and are working on it
        Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 10-07-2019, 08:31 PM.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        This message is due to the poster deleting the post or responds.

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure your right Mr.furley, what is confusing is when you get that error, but go to the thread via the forum and can find that post that is bombing on the link from messages. Possibly does the same for edits.

Anybody else loss their inbox?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191009-073511.png
Views:	293
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	340919
      I'd message SiriusFourside
      but I can't PM. Haha.
      Mobile Android platform.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I'm working with our forum guy right now to get these problems worked out. If anyone else is having different issues, please post them here; it'll make it easier to get them all taken care of. 👍

We think these problems arose from a security patch that was just installed. Thanks for being patient, ya'll. I know it's been a rough couple of weeks 😅

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          i know this is at the bottom of the list of priorities but the blank button that does nothing drives me crazy, i keep clicking on it expecting something to happen like a crazy person. again thank you for keeping this place up and running this couple of weeks and the last 3 years

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm getting the "not authorized to view this page contains" message when trying to edit and save changes on a post.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sirus its only because we all go into detox if we cant do the forum lol that we get inpatient , I think we all know how much work it takes to keep the forum running .So relax take your time ,we will be here because its the best damn forum Ive been to thanks so much

In the notifications area, I have a notification but no thread to link to.
        I have "SimonW and -1 others have posted on your subscription:" is all that's showing on screen
        Instead of "Farmall and -1 others have posted on your subscription: s62’s Grow #2 - Auto Mania!"
        No link at all.

Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the same Simon with and I other message yestrrday

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          mee too, seems like nebula and sirius created that account because it has administrator privileges

• SiriusFourside
          SiriusFourside commented
          Editing a comment
          SimonW is the guy who resurrected the forum (again); the messages are a side effect of him working on problems. He's watching this thread to see what errors we're all having, so I bet he knows we can all see him now 👀

If you go to User-settings->Account, the email address is filled in with account name. Because of that, if you want to change anything on that page, it thinks you're trying to change your email address too, and requires you to confirm it by typing it into the 2nd line.

I think the way that's supposed to work: it should be filled in with the current value for email address, and if that doesn't change, the confirmation shouldn't be required.

Comment

The site logo's gone now.

Isn't there a test instance of the forum to experiment on, and then roll updates to the live forum? (That's how I've always done it. I kept a live forum on my local system to fiddle with. And then rsynced the updates.). Working with a live (production) instance seems like courting trouble.

Comment

az2000 did you forgot to mention

...and thanks to you and your support team for all the hard work on our behalf

Comment

• az2000
              az2000 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't forget. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't care.

If the forum is that valued, you should be upset that it's being modified while live. Expect more week-long outages.

• SimonW
              SimonW commented
              Editing a comment
              Sheesh, the style changed its hardly the end of the world I deleted a corrupted style that was the default and wouldn't rebuild because of that corruption. Upon deleting its defaulted to another one that didn't have image data setup on it. It was going to do that if I was working on recreating the style on the live server or on a test one.

And for the record, it's often not really viable to use a test. The site is around 250gb in size so taking a backup for a local test takes a while (and zipping it to download causes the site to crawl) so we would have to take an image and fire up a new droplet with that image, a droplet with 250gb isn't cheap so it isn't really worth it for simple fixes. And if anything being done interacts with the database even with a test droplet we would have to close the live forum so we could roll the changes over to live without any new posts causing data mismatches

Color is different too... not that bad really

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I like the blue.

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah i like it better than the green one too

Some of the issues may have been due to a corrupted style. I've rebuilt it from scratch so hopefully, the issues that are bugs and not how the software functions should be fixed

Originally posted by RagWeedDWC View Post
            In the notifications area, I have a notification but no thread to link to.
            I have "SimonW and -1 others have posted on your subscription:" is all that's showing on screen
            Instead of "Farmall and -1 others have posted on your subscription: s62’s Grow #2 - Auto Mania!"
            No link at all.

That's because I deleted the post. It's a Vbulletin quirk where it uses the standard error message rather than one saying thye post/thread has been removed

Comment

• SimonW
              SimonW commented
              Editing a comment
              There are some things such as some if not all the notification issues where its just vBulletins weird way of doing things. If a post is deleted really it should either cancel the notification or give an error saying 'Content removed' but they just send you to a 'You are not authorized to view this content'

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              SimonW

First off thank you for save us more then once!
              How about the the change to the message center all the file names have been replaced with a not authorized message.
              First let me start by saying thanx, glad to see the forum back! I get this message in the message center. I can still see the PMs,, Is there a way to get notices when one gets a PM?

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              I second Mr furley, thanks SimonW, long hours of supporting a site that is appreciated by many simply because its add free and a more open forum has to have its issues.

Not to mention all the souls out here jonesing when it went down :-)

Thank You

I have found the answer to notifications
            User-settings->Notifications and check the box! (near the bottom)

Many thanx to Sirius, Nebula and SimonW, it is not easy to run these forums, or cheap! They keep the place clean and add free, this means a lot to me! They ask little of us, and I think we could give back a little with a tad of fund raising to help support this fine place, and help keep it free from adds! I would certain;y be willing to donate!
            I am on other add free sites that do this.
            Richard

Comment

I’ve been seeing the style messed up (post counts above thread name, no avatars on thread list, etc.). It looks a lot better now, though I’m still not seeing avatars of the OPs on the main forum list.
              Gorilla 3x3
              LEC 315
              Kind Soil
              Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I main forum page is "cleaned up" this morning, looking back to normal but still missing the avatars.
                I can't fathom the work and time going on behind the scenes.

• az2000
                az2000 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr.furley, I'm curious what caused all this. It wasn't like this after the week-long outage (which is unclear how that happened. Although, I suspect everything is due to testing changes on a production system.).

• s62
                s62 commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s been like this since the forum has been back up. They’re just now addressing the style I think.
                And the original forum outage was due to it being maliciously used in a DDOS attack, according to Sirius

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X