issues with fully germinating seeds... HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues with fully germinating seeds... HELP

So lately I've been having issues getting seeds to fully germinate. What happens is I place the seeds in a jar with water and place on a small heating pad until the taproot appears. Then I plant them in soil in a small pot, keep it moist in a tray with a dome over top and the light above, with a small heating pad underneath, but they don't actually grow. What am I doing wrong? I've done this method before and only rarely had a seed not grow once a taproot had emerged. My seeds are from a reputable place, and are stored in the fridge until I germinate them.

What soil do you transfer them into? Maybe it's too hot for seedlings. Or, too dense/heavy? (stays too wet?).

Comment

What reputable company is that?

Comment

I myself had to loose the heating-pad, it cooked my ladies! Do you have the pots directly on the pad or a space between?

Comment

I've always germinated my seeds in a dye free paper towel in a plastic bag on a 76 degree heating mat until the taproot is around an inch long, usually around 48 hours max, then put them in a light potting soil, use a pencil or dowel to make a hole a tiny bit deeper than the tap roots length, use tweezers to put the seed in so the root goes down and the seed shell up so they face the right way.
          I always get 95 to 100% success rate with this method, this spring we had 90 out of 90 seeds make it through until now.

Comment

Originally posted by az2000 View Post
            What soil do you transfer them into? Maybe it's too hot for seedlings. Or, too dense/heavy? (stays too wet?).
            A mix of top soil with compost and perlite in it... same basic soil I've been using for 3 years, although obviously not the exact same soil. How wet/not wet should the soil stay? I try not to let it dry out
            Last edited by craftygirl; 10-04-2019, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
              What reputable company is that?
              Buy Cannabis Seeds at True North Seed Bank! Marijuana genetics from top and emerging breeders. Discreet Worldwide Delivery. Free Seeds. Visit now!

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've stopped buying from them - 50% off my last purchased seeds never even germinated. I complained but they said I signed a waiver before checkout and they are not responsible as they are just middlemen and not the seed producers.

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Go with any of nebulas recommend banks on her list. I like msnl.com

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Crop King Seeds for me - I buy local.

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
              I myself had to loose the heating-pad, it cooked my ladies! Do you have the pots directly on the pad or a space between?
              the ladies are in pots which are in a tray which is on top of the heating pad.

Comment

Originally posted by VtGreen1965 View Post
                I've always germinated my seeds in a dye free paper towel in a plastic bag on a 76 degree heating mat until the taproot is around an inch long, usually around 48 hours max, then put them in a light potting soil, use a pencil or dowel to make a hole a tiny bit deeper than the tap roots length, use tweezers to put the seed in so the root goes down and the seed shell up so they face the right way.
                I always get 95 to 100% success rate with this method, this spring we had 90 out of 90 seeds make it through until now.
                I've never even seen a tap root that long. I think I'll try this method

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X