No announcement yet.

Help: Strange Bug, WPM and leaf yellowing Picures Included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a tiny black bug until I turned loose 1500 ladybugs, the pepper soon disappeared! Along with several others,,,

Comment

Originally posted by renegade1966 View Post
      Thank all for the responses i have decided to just monitor and leave them alone to try and get to full maturity before i crop anything. Geofite did you do anything in interim for the powdery mildew i heard that spraying with water, baking soda and a couple drops of baking soda will keep it at bay but i wonder if anyone has tried that, i too am thinking of doing the hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest it is hard to identify the bugs for sure every picture i see of aphids seems as though they can be seen just with your eyes where as the pictures are posted are really small i believe i am at almost X500 in those pictures.
      I have been battling powdery mildew for about a month now. At the end of august, there's lot of powdery mildew everywhere in my environment, weeds in my lawn, some of the shrubs, and just all over everywhere. So my weed was being affected too. I tried a few different things and they did knock it down. On sunday, I used my own home made concoction based of a number of organic ingredients used in different PM spays so I combined them and sprayed my plants. I check them daily and there are a few spots of PM so I just spot spray those or just remover the leaf. So far it seems to be working. I did defoliate most of the fan leaves and have been inspecting the buds as this makes it easier to deal with a big grow and the amount of time it takes to spray all that.

This is the concoction I used this sunday. It has not done any harm to my plants. If you try it, you can do a spot test to see how it affects your plants. My plants are outside so I don't know how this would work on indoor plants. I got the ingredients from Amazon but these ingredients can be found at a home brew store, or wine making store and these things are added to wines and beer so they are safe. The lactic acid and citric acid and potassium bicarbonate are the only chemicals approved by Health canada to be used as cannabis fungicide. The milk is to make it stick. So far, the plants are doing great and the mildew is knocked down really well. Just mix the ingredients below and spray really well.

Georgia's spray mix:
      8 cups water
      1 cup milk
      2 teaspoon potassium bicarbonate
      1 teaspoon lactic acid
      1 teaspoon citric acid

All these buds where sprayed on sunday with this concoction. There's a few spots with mildew but I could have missed those areas during the spray so I just do a touch up where I see the mold.
      Last edited by Geofite; 09-24-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

These buds where treated with the concoction.

Comment

P.S. I will do the hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest to wash off any residue of the concoction, powdery mildew and bugs. And as an insurance so that the mildew doesn't start up during the drying phase, and I don't want any bugs in my house.

The concoction ingredients can be found in sprays used by commercial weed growers and these are approved by health Canada.

Cyclone contains lactic acid and citric acid. https://cannapro.co/products/cyclone-fungicide-10l

Sirocco contains potassium bicarbonate and garlic. https://cannapro.co/products/sirocco-fungicide-2kg
          Last edited by Geofite; 09-24-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Also, it's a good idea to give the plants some chicken shit. It does wonders for the plants. I gave them some of this last week and holy shit, they grew like chickens! It's cheaper at Canadian tire and other gardening stores, but his is the one I got. https://growdaddycanada.com/products...21408196264018

Comment

Originally posted by Geofite View Post
              I have been battling powdery mildew for about a month now. At the end of august, there's lot of powdery mildew everywhere in my environment, weeds in my lawn, some of the shrubs, and just all over everywhere. So my weed was being affected too. I tried a few different things and they did knock it down. On sunday, I used my own home made concoction based of a number of organic ingredients used in different PM spays so I combined them and sprayed my plants. I check them daily and there are a few spots of PM so I just spot spray those or just remover the leaf. So far it seems to be working. I did defoliate most of the fan leaves and have been inspecting the buds as this makes it easier to deal with a big grow and the amount of time it takes to spray all that.

This is the concoction I used this sunday. It has not done any harm to my plants. If you try it, you can do a spot test to see how it affects your plants. My plants are outside so I don't know how this would work on indoor plants. I got the ingredients from Amazon but these ingredients can be found at a home brew store, or wine making store and these things are added to wines and beer so they are safe. The lactic acid and citric acid and potassium bicarbonate are the only chemicals approved by Health canada to be used as cannabis fungicide. The milk is to make it stick. So far, the plants are doing great and the mildew is knocked down really well. Just mix the ingredients below and spray really well.

Georgia's spray mix:
              8 cups water
              1 cup milk
              2 teaspoon potassium bicarbonate
              1 teaspoon lactic acid
              1 teaspoon citric acid

All these buds where sprayed on sunday with this concoction. There's a few spots with mildew but I could have missed those areas during the spray so I just do a touch up where I see the mold.
              Is this to be sprayed only on the leaves or can it hit the buds as well?

Comment

• Geofite
                Geofite commented
                Editing a comment
                I hit the buds with this as many sugar leaves where starting to get mold on them. I hit all the buds, see the pictures I posted. It didn't harm them.

• Geofite
                Geofite commented
                Editing a comment
                Also, read about the ingredients in the concoction in the links I posted. The weed can be harvested the same day of treatment. These are the only ingredients approved by Health Canada to be used on weed.

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
              Renegade I would buy 3000 lady bugs they will keep the population down until harvest
              I would love to do that but i don't have any place near me that sells them. I do see lady bugs on the plants that just found them naturally.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X