Help: Strange Bug, WPM and leaf yellowing Picures Included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Strange Bug, WPM and leaf yellowing Picures Included

Hello all i am new to the forum and have a question on this year's outdoor grow.

I have and issue with white powder mildew that is not super bad yet but would like advice on how to keep it in check

I have a second issue in the last couple days with some yellowing on 2 plants

I have a third issue with regards to the pictures in the link i took yesterday, i had taken 1 bud off each plant an put it under microscope
    i found the bug in the photo on a bud from the far left plant but not on any others, the bud was taken from the very bottom of the plant
    closest to the ground. Please note that the pictures of the bud are around 500 times magnified so its not something that can be seen
    by the naked eye.

In the pictures the strains are from Left to Right - TC, Kosher Kush, TC , Kosher Kush

Based on the strains all the plants have about 3 more weeks to go.

I have been giving them just water for a couple of weeks now the yellowing started 2 days ago and i suspect i may have overwatered
    them it seems they don't need as much as when in veg at this point.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

The weather here has been up and down with very hot humid days and nights with temps below 65. The coming week is going to
    be high 70's with humidex of 77 and the at least 3 nights this week will have low temps of 57 degrees. Its in outdoor grow and the
    plants are in the ground so there isn't any way i can see to regulate the temperatures.

I have provided a link to the pictures
    Post with 1 views. 2019 Grow

Hello 1966, Those are some of the best pictures I've ever seen!!
    Beautiful plant too, I wouldn't worry one bit about that yellowing.
    If she was mine, all i would use is unsulfered molasses, and water till harvest.
    I ain't no bugologist, lol, but it looks like some type of beetle, to me. I'd take him off, if you haven't already.
    Great job with your plants, and pictures, what did you use to get those pictures?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

hello, thanks for the reply and the compliment i am an electronic engineer by trade and i use a USB Microscope for that a lot. I have been a medical user of weed since 2001 and this year growing 4 plants is legal so i am hoping to save myself thousands of dollars with my first grow. Since the bug was too small to see with your eyes i didn't think i would be able to pick one off but i grab a couple more buds from the plants and low and behold i found the same bug i think in a different stage. The first one was black but had the red spots or the eyes. This one is pretty camouflaged and even having colors that match the plant. I have no idea what it is and this is high magnification i have attached more pictures and this time i was able to pick the little guy off with a sewing needle as reference i put a 0.177 calibre BB in the frame for size reference. Of course if you look at the needle with eyes there is nothing there. Not sure what this guy is but its got 6 legs, 2 antenna and seems to be sucking on the resin. I suspect its the same bug that must turn black at some point this seems to be before the shell. Can't any reference online as to what it might be and if you weren't using a microscope one would never know it was there.

Could you give me more detail on how to use the unsulfered molasses on the plants, what mix and would i need to keep it off the plants.

I am basically doing a SOG outdoors but instead of horizontal i have it vertical or more so at about 20 or 30 degree angle not sure what it is but this one flower bed i have seems to grow big things, last year sunflower got to 15 feet in that bed. The plants are all 6ft high and about 5 feet across or i suppose the canopy is that.

I am thinking the same as you just let the plants go based on the pictures there is a fair amount of cloudy trichomes so it may just be the plants doing what is natural at this point might only be a couple weeks left on these ones.

Post with 0 views. Unknown bug Hi Res

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning 66, the molasses is just used to help feed the microbes in your soil, plus it's got lots of other good stuff in it.
        1-2tablespoons a gallon of water, warm your unsulfered molasses up first, so it mixes with your water better.
        Those do look like aphids, and they are hell, will destroy your plants, look close on the under sides of your leaves.
        Read Nebulas tutorials, on bug control or either just Google GWE, PLANT Doctor aphids.
        Thats what they do is suck out the juices, they are rough to get rid of. I sure don't want to see you lose your crop.
        Read Nebulas Plant Doctor pages. She will tell you all about them.
        GoodLuck with them.

I can't help with the critter but I've just got to say I LOVE your hedges!
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

does it have 2 tailpipes out the back end? One picture looks like it may have them. Then they are root aphids.

Comment

desertdan, yes it does have 2 tailpipes do you know how to get rid of them should i start thinking about cropping out early?

Comment

After doing some research i looks like i am screwed with the aphids my question now is what do i do. This Friday will mark the end of week 5 of flowing so the plants need another 2 weeks at the minimum as both strains say 7 to 8 weeks of flower. Do i let them continue or do i cut and harvest now.

Comment

I had a look at the soil under the plant with the most yellowing under the microscope and could not find any bugs in it so I am really not sure what to do i was thinking I might crop out the most yellow one which is the 2nd in from the right just not sure do i harvest or wait another 2 weeks these bugs are so small on the plant you can't seem em with your eyes. I have attached a picture of what the plants look like today.

Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

LOL didn't need anymore issues right now in my area most plants are being stolen already at night so i have been guarding them very well.

Post with 1 views. Bug on the end of a needle not seen by naked eye

Comment

If you did not see them in the soil that is a good sign. They have not migrated to ground yet,if root aphids. They probably came from outside your garden. Leave the soil alone and monitor the ones in the buds. They do not multiply as fast in buds. If you are sure they are root aphids I would wait till symptoms worsen before chop. At this point root aphids will affect quality more than yield. It is not the root aphids that kill the plant it is the mold and pathogens they introduce. I hope you don't have root aphids. Once in the soil they are impossible to kill without harming the plant and very hard to get rid of once in the area. Good luck. When root aphids are present in the soil plant looses all smell.

Comment

• desertdan
                  desertdan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Put some water on them before sun up and then look at soil close to root ball with mag. They move around in the cool wet. the yellowing plant looks like mine with root aphids in soil. No smell if smell now and smelled before is sure sign.

I have decided to wait another day or so in hopes of properly identifying this bug. It really does not appear to have two tailpipes seems as though it may be in a larvea stage there was one black one that seemed dead but i swear it looked like a microscopic ant.

I ordered some yellow sticky tape which i should get tomorrow will see what it catches the ground and stalks at the ground have no bugs on them at all not even under the microscope and i have active natural ladybugs on the buds during the day. I suppose i can crop if something gets worse at anytime otherwise everyday i don't is closer to them being ready i only need about 2 weeks more at this point

I added more pictures and some really good pictures of the bug.

If anyone has a look at the pictures that knows more about when the plant is in the harvest window based on the pics please do let me know.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Read Nebulas article about them, she shows different species of them, what they look like and what they do.
                  Google GWE, Plant Doctor, Aphids.
                  Good Luck with them.
                  My plants leaves turn yellow, like yours all the time, and I don't have an aphid problem.
                  I wouldn't cut them anytime soon,,

It looks like a regular aphid, not a root aphid. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...roblems/aphids

Comment

The trichomes on you plants look clear which means they are not ready yet. Here's a good article about when the plants are ready. Yours look like mine. I have a lot of clear ones so not ready yet. https://budsgrowguide.com/harvest-cannabis-plants/

Comment

If you don't have a lot of those bugs, then they probably won't do too much damage before your harvest in a couple of weeks. I plan on doing the hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest to get rid of any residual powdery mildew and bugs on my weed. This is a good video by an expert grower. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jE7qzfgQs

Comment

Thank all for the responses i have decided to just monitor and leave them alone to try and get to full maturity before i crop anything. Geofite did you do anything in interim for the powdery mildew i heard that spraying with water, baking soda and a couple drops of baking soda will keep it at bay but i wonder if anyone has tried that, i too am thinking of doing the hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest it is hard to identify the bugs for sure every picture i see of aphids seems as though they can be seen just with your eyes where as the pictures are posted are really small i believe i am at almost X500 in those pictures.

DesertDan, i will give that i try i can say for sure that the plants stink good and each day the stink gets stronger which is a good and bad thing here since the street drug attacks have already stolen half the backyard grows in town they are scanning backyards in groups and using whistles to warn each other. I am lucking so far in that my back yard is really big and the smell is not getting to the road plus its surrounded by a 6 foot fence that makes them impossible to see as well. I have 2 500watt floods on a motion sensor to light up the backyard as well as photo perimeter that sets off the alarm siren and if that all fails i am a night owl and in my shop till 4am most nights and if i have to chase someone it will be with the BB gun that shoots 18 on semi auto. Unfortunately the cops do nothing here to the criminals while basically taking away the homeowners right to defend themselves in some case they drove the criminal home refusing to lay charges saying its a waste of time to do the paperwork. Of course understanding that where i am you can grow 4 per household legally.

I tried the buds i pulled to test tonight and i must say, it this isn't maturity they are going to be couch lock strong lol right now their stronger than the last batch of blueberry kush i have on hand although the buzz is rather up there where in i preferred a more sedated buzz for my herniated discs in my neck.

I believe the optimum time to harvest is when 40 percent of the hairs are brown and 50-70 percent of the trichomes are cloudy i was wondering if i could say harvest the top half of the plants at that time and then let the bottom half go a while longer to get the amber and more CBN for the sedative effect? In my setup this would give the bottom half a real big dose of sunlight when the top half is harvested.

I am wondering how many people cure the cannabis after harvest or just dry it and call it a day. I am working on getting my shop ready for drying and wonder if anyone can tell me the optimum temperature and humidity i should set the room controller to.

My plants have not gotten any plant food since they started to flower would it be of any use to give them a dose of bloom 15-30-15 or should i just keep giving them water i have them on a drip system so only the roots will get the food.

Once again thanks to all for the responses i will post some more pictures here to show how they get on in the next couple of weeks.
                      Last edited by renegade1966; 09-24-2019, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• desertdan
                        desertdan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Plants that stink do not have root aphids. The stink is the first thing to go. Sounds like your gonna have some good smoke. good luck!

Renegade I would buy 3000 lady bugs they will keep the population down until harvest
                      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X