Mending a stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mending a stock

Hay guys quick question. I have a couple boheimiths in my garden this year. Last night we got a storm with some pretty wicked wind. One of my plants split down the middle of the stock where it was topped. What if anything can I do to mend the split?

Duct tape or electrical tape? A picture might help
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I can’t seem to upload any pics I’ve tried to in the past with no luck. I will try again. I have used tape and twine in the past. I read somewhere that a spot of super glue in the core is very effective. That’s what they do with bonsi trees.

Comment

Comment

As you can see their is two splits one right down the middle and one on a main branch just up from it

Comment

I can't find my pictures but I've had worse. Right down the main stalk. I use hydrogen peroxide to add oxygen, keep it wet, and avoid infections.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

So dump some peroxide on it and tape it?
              im literally in the middle of flower and was looking like one of my best harvests yet. I don’t want to loose the 75% that is on those two main branches

Comment

• Weed Pharma
                Weed Pharma commented
                Editing a comment
                You want to cover the crack completely.

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                My bad. I saw you already had something binding the stalk. I use sports tape to bind mine because it breathes and I can do my H2O2 thing. I've had main stalk splits I didn't know about until harvest and I didn't see a difference. Try a 50/50 water/H2O2 mixture.

Cloning gel will seal the Crack. The added stress from your plant splitting can help bulk up resin production.
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                After you cover the crack, like MrFurley an Weed Pharma said, you still want to use some duct tape as s62 said, about an inch or two above the split, you don't want to try to force it back together, all the way. Just tight enough so it want split anymore.
                Stress like that will sure help with resin production as mentioned above.
                GoodLuck.

Hay guys. Thank you all for your advice. FYI here she is in all her glory.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                And glorious she is.......nice garden.

This was after the storm here she is before the storm

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X