Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

molasses?

Added mollasses and watered my plants yesterday

Only to have this happen to all the bud sites.

How to fix this? And how serious is this issue?

you might have over done it - what were your amounts -- all you can do now is flush say 2 week looks like you are getting real close to harvest

Comment

Unsulphured molasses?
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        hey Mr.furley, Yikes, dont leave me hanging...is Unsulphured molasses the one i need to use? im using Crosby's unsluphured blackstrap molasses...yes? homegrown

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        You are good, it's "unsulphured"

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you .

These are the ingredient in the molasses.
      Soil is still damp so can't water it (and rain falls everyday for short periods)

Have a greenhouse on the way, just hope these make it, the tree looks sick and the regular scent smells "dirty"

😭

The sour diesel mix grow that I super cropped in flowering (2 weeks) got the same molasses treatment and doesn't show these properties. Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	337826
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rastamarijuana; 09-17-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastamarijuana View Post
        These are the ingredient in the molasses.
        Soil is still damp so can't water it (and rain falls everyday for short periods)

Have a greenhouse on the way, just hope these make it, the tree looks sick and the regular scent smells "dirty"
        Unsulfured molasses contains more than that. It has many minerals which is what makes it beneficial in late flower. See the "mineral" section toward the bottom of this page: https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/3139363/2

Another benefit of molasses is the carbs (sugar) stimulate the soil microbes.

How much molasses did you use? Excessive sugar can create a hypertonic condition, drawing water out of the plant.

I don't use molasses. It seems like an expensive source of minerals. I use a pinch of ordinary sugar (from the kitchen) in every gallon of water (starting in early veg). That helps feed the microbes. In late flower I use Pennington Alaska Kelp. Not only for the minerals, but also the growth hormones in kelp which seem to cause the buds to "stretch" (dense, harden). I can supplement magnesium & potassium with langbeinite. Or, magnesium only with epsom salt. Or, calcium only with gypsum). Those look like the big contributions from molasses.

Comment

Down here where I live you can get Grandmas, or BrerRabbit unsulfered for 4bucks a quart, at any grocery store.
          I can't read your label, but on front of the bottle, it will say, unsulfered, and that's the kind you need like MrFurley said, I think you might have got the wrong kind, not sure though.
          Anyway good luck.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Got both up north as well...wife makes molasses cookies so I can always borrow a few teaspoons. It’s always in the cabinet ‘its’ soppin’ Good’

How much molasses and when to start l? How often??

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
            OlderNOTwiser commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm looking for that answer as well. I just picked up the molasses (unsulphured) and would like to know how much ( 1-2 TABLEspoons/gal?) and how often. I'm a few weeks from harvest depending on frost.

• az2000
            az2000 commented
            Editing a comment
            OlderNOTwiser, I haven't used molasses in a few years. But, it sounded like it's popular to use in late flower (2-3 weeks from harvest). I believe I used 1 tablespoon/gal. But, it wouldn't hurt to use 1tsp/gal sooner. All you're doing is feeding the soil microbes and supplying Mg, K, Ca (and some other minerals at trace levels.). Too much sugar can create a hypertonic condition. So, I'd be careful. Overdoing things is the common new-grower problem. In fact, it's wise to not do it at all just so you have a baseline to compare to. (I don't feel it helps. That's why I stopped. If you never experience non-molasses harvest, you'll never know if you'r just tossing money over your shoulder believing it works.).

About 1-2 weeks from harvest using 2 tablespoon/gallon Alaska Kelp can swell the buds. Trace minerals again. But in this case kelp contains auxins which (in veg cause strange stretch, but) in flower can cause the buds to "stretch internally" (i.e., dense/harden). I typically do that.

You can supplement MG in late flower using epsom salt. Sulfur in late flower seems to help with terpene production, aroma. Epsom salt has more S than Mg. So, beneficial that way (in a way molasses isn't).

Thx molasses, I'll just stick to fowl shit, dirt and water.

Lots of the bud sites now smell like freshly cut grass

Last edited by Rastamarijuana; 09-19-2019, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks az. I don't think I will bother then. And take your advice.

Comment

I have flushes all my plants before harvest with molasses..i use a tbls per gallon of pH water. check pH again after adding and mixing. Had no adverse effects as of yet. Have no idea if it makes a difference..but i do like anything with molasses in it !! I'll have to wait and see, my autos are curing in jars for week 2 now.. and im taking 2 photo AK's off today. hg
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X