Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtual Sun 48" x 48" x 78" Grow Tent (VS4800-48)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Virtual Sun 48" x 48" x 78" Grow Tent (VS4800-48)

I've been given some equipment to start my own grow, and the guy and I were trying to build this 4ft by 4ft tent but for some reason, something isn't lining up. I'm not sure how popular this particular tent is, but for anyone reading this who might have one of their own, perhaps if you've read this far you're willing to read a little further.

Me and the guy that gave me the equipment were attempting to put it together. He seemed pretty confident in what he was doing, and the framework was done in a couple minutes but we hit an issue; the tent doesn't fit over the frame. No matter what corner is completed first, there's always one corner that is too far off to safely - without ripping the reflective Mylar or the 600D - cover the remaining corner. The guy said he expected it to be tight, but something doesn't seem right about this. The both of us spent hours stretching corners and frame to limit in an attempt to get it to work but it's just not working.

I can't find a manual for it that makes sense to the material that I have. For example, there's a video of a gentleman on YouTube building a Virtual Sun 48 x 48 x 78 tent, but he's referencing pole numbers that I don't even have. Virtual Sun Hydroponics doesn't seem to have an official website - not one that I could find, at least - and I'm not even sure what number to call? If there's anyone on here with this tent, or even someone who can give me a proper push in the right direction, any assistance is appreciated.

W.I.P Preparing for first grow!

Morning, I'm not familiar with that tent you have, but I've got 3different tents and I've had hell putting all of them up the first time I used them,
    I finally got used to them, but I live in a redneck state, and can't keep them up all the time.
    The best way I found was to lay the cover on the floor, then put your frame in it, and fight like hell with it, very tight fit on all of them.
    Maybe someone on here has the same kind as you have and can really help you,
    GoodLuck with it, anyway.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I'm not familiar with that specific tent. But, make sure the frame tubes are completely seated into the corner parts. My tent's tubes were very tight entering the plastic corner part. I put some silicone on them so they assemble/disassemble easier. (Initially I banged it against the floor to drive them together. But, months later they didn't want to come apart. I had to use a rubber mallet to knock it apart. If yours is tight that way, I highly recommend lubing that a little. A little wax, or soap rubbed on the tube.).

If the tubes don't seat completely, just 1/4" can add up all the way around.

Look at the bottom zipper of the door. That zipper usually continues to unzip around the side, to the back panel of the tent. That makes it easier to fit over the frame.

Comment

Try double checking to make sure your poles are right. The top and bottom should be the same letter/number and the sides should be 2 different ones. If you have 4 side poles the same as either your top or bottom poles it won't fit because they're different sizes. Otherwise, I can't think of another solution except to exchange the tent. Hope you get it figured out.

Comment

At the time of my original post, I didnt have any of the framework built. D.A.A.S.69 , after reading your reply I decided to lay out the floor of the tent and "stick build" it inside the floor of the tent. There was an expected squeeze, but nothing serious. I built the uprights with #2s and #3s. This is where dphipps1020 suggested I make sure my poles are correct. The poles labeled #1 makeup the perimeter of the tent; those poles are the only way to achieve the proper 4x4 measurements. The poles labeled #2 and #3 form the uprights with corner connections on the top and bottom.

As of right now, the bottom square, top square and uprights all match their respective numbers. The floor of the tent is perfect, and I have 3 out of the 4 corners complete on the top. After referring back to az2000 post, I carefully inspected each corner and took a mallet to make sure they're seated properly. My corner connections and all the pole connections in general are the push-pin style assembly. Everything seems to fit fine, but the back wall of the tent seems like its twisted. The two rear corners are off, and the top seam of the tent seems like its pulled down over the back versus lining up with that top pole.

I'm going to do some experimenting when I get home. I appreciate everyone's replies and suggestions!

Comment

Alright, guys. Somehow I managed to finally stretch that 600D material to it's absolute limit in order to fit but it did not come without tearing. Nothing that's going to jeopardize my internal climate, but still irks me nonetheless. After all eight corners were done, the real challenge was zipping around the uprights. I don't feel like I'll have any more issues now that it's actually built, but I'm going to leave it all zipped up until the weekend to maybe get it to loosen up a bit. I still have a lot I need to get and a lot I need to do before I can officially start my first grow, but at least the tent is up.

Huge thanks to those of you that offered up suggestions!
            Last edited by reuva; 09-17-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• az2000
              az2000 commented
              Editing a comment
              Zip yourself inside, and check for light leaks. The intake vents along the bottom are usual sources, Especially when you have the extraction fan running, which lifts the flaps as air enters the tent. I lean some carboard around the base of my tents, creating a shaded tunnel for the light to enter. (I even paint the cardboard flat black.).

The tearing may mean you'll see pinhole light leaks in the stitching. You can use "Goop" (shoe glue) to spread over the stitching, Or, a reflective duct tape (white or silver).

You may want someone to be outside the tent. Sometimes it can be tricky unzipping it from the inside. It may be possible to suffocate inside a tent without an extraction fan operating.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X