Gummies and Dosing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gummies and Dosing?

I'm weeks (OK months) from my first harvest so not remotely prepared to begin making my own. However, Wife and I are going to Steve Hackett next week and a friend dropped some gummies on me for this show. My dilemma is that I'm fairly tolerant to this while wife sure isn't. They say they're each 350mg and "extra strength". I have no clue what they consider extra and what 350mg is going to do to/for me. I made some brownies a while back (no clue on potency) and I was good at about 1.5 of them and wife claimed it was too much when she had a half. Part of her cannot let up control for even a little while so she fights it.

So, having said that do any of you know what the mg amount sort of translates to? We'll be within walking distance of the venue so no motorized devices until the next day...always partake safely!
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

I learned about infusing and dosing from ardentcannabis.com. Great info. Haven't inhaled since.

Comment

I'm also thinking about making CBD gummies by myself, so I'm glad that I've found this thread. Thanks for sharing your experience, guys! I used to smoke weed, but recently I"ve bought gummies, and they turned out to be so delicious. And they work great for my insomnia. So, I decided to do them, and I hope for a good result.
      Last edited by Sanders; 05-04-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Hondo4921
        Hondo4921 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a bigger guy and can handle way more than my wife, she's 5'0 and weighs about a hundred pounds and I'm a bit (ok, quite a bit) over 300 lbs. 5 mg of gummies are good for her while I can take 70-120 without having any intense issues. I also have a friend that's 6'2" and 10 mg is all he takes. In my experience it comes down to taking what works for you. Start small and increase gradually. They're kind of like jello shots.

Is that 350 mg per gummy and is that 350 mg of THC or CBD? I ate a cookie dosed at 50 mg of THC Friday night and even with a bit of a tolerance wound up greened out.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
        OlderNOTwiser commented
        Editing a comment
        The 350 was, as it turns out, for the package. That still puts them around 70mg per gummy. I still haven't opened the package!

a normal oral dose for me would be 5 mg of THC, that does the trick for me. probably not a good idea to take 350 mg.

Comment

I don't do gummies and such, I've tried several times but I haven't found the floor to catch a buzz. I spent a bunch of money and was told to start with a low dose but I have high smoking tolerance so I did. Here's the dosages and effects I receieved from gummies, cereal bars, candies, etc. purchased in dispensaries in California and Oklahoma.

1st try - 25mg = no effects
        2nd try - 60mg = no effects (next night after 1st try)
        3rd try - 250mg = no effects (2 days after 2nd try)
        4th try - 460mg = no effects (1.5 weeks after 3rd try)

I don't buy edibles anymore and rarely even eat them when offered home made because I feel like someone else could enjoy them.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang! Do you live in a hotbox?

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          On most days I just basically micro dose many times a day and rarely get stoned. I've never weighed it before but I did just for you. I took 0.4 grams of Blue Dream Haze via 12" straight tube bong and feel a tiny bit uplifted and very mild euphoria, what lots of people call a "head change". So I take 0.3-0.4 gram of flower 10-15x/day and 0.2-0.3 gram of dabs per day on average but don't ever get very high except the occasion that I take a full dose which is about 1.75-2 grams at once, usually with a bit of live resin and kief.

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I'm blessed with a fast metabolism. After 24 hours of staying sober, two hits of Ghost Train Haze will put me in Low Earth Orbit easily.
          The dispensary that sold our friend the 50mg cookies pulled them and starting offering refunds, BTW. I think the actual dosage was greater than advertised.

I live in a medically legal state and the products that come from the dispensary are thoroughly tested, I believe their dosages in terms of mg/edible are very accurate. I know a 20mg indica edible is the perfect dose for me for night time, 40mg and up I'm on my ass. However 40mg of sativa is perfect for daytime, 20 just doesn't cut it and 100mg will definitely make me paranoid. I also have gummies that are not from the dispensary, not my states at least. 50mg/gummy, I eat 2 I can probably eat 3. So obviously there is a discrepancy somewhere. I would suggest starting with a 1/4 or 1/2 of it and wait at least an hour. Also, eating some real food prior is a good idea, edibles on an empty stomach can hit hard for some people. It's all about finding what's good for you. That's my 2¢ , good luck!
        4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
        GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
        Second.Grow​​
        PC.Grow
        Grow.3
        4th.Grow
        I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X