Drying and curing for making tincture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying and curing for making tincture

It is a little early still but is there a difference in how you dry and cure if you are going to make tincture from the harvest rather than smoking it?

And how do you dry and cure trim leaves to include them in the tincture?

Hi former: You don't need to cure for making tincture, but you will need to decaroboxylate all the material you're using. I use the Ardent Nova to decarb bud and sugar leaves for making tincture.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

This process was described to me by D.A.A.S.69 and it worked perfectly.

take large brown paper grocery bags and place in just enough to cover the bottom of the bag. Close the bags and let them sit no more the 6 days. Each day jiggle the bags lightly to roll the material around. If you can avoid keeping them on the floor, it keeps all side of the paper exposed and try to not open them . Day 5 or 6, there’re done. If you decide to cure , bottle them up and burp the jars.

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought he was asking only on drying and curing...

• Formernuke
        Formernuke commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll see what I get for yield might be a bit much for using bags. Or if the smell is too strong. If it is I plan to use a drying rack inside my tent

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        100 bags on amazon.... have 31 left.... sorry I never had a photo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X