Powdery Mildew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powdery Mildew

I have the beginnings of powdery mildew on some of the leaves of my plants. I was wondering if any one has tried Jake's All In one? And if it altered the taste of the buds. I have a long while to go before harvest. It has sulphur in it. The store where I get my weed supplies suggested this product. https://www.jakesallinoneproducts.com/shop

I went on GWE and found a number of less expensive solutions. The one I used was milk and water. 1 - 9 ratio. Sprayed plants three times and it's working for me. Leaves a milky residue on the leaves, but I'm not smoking those.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I was listening to a podcast and they talked about PM someone said to spray the plant with bicarbonate, Any brand just make sure you go buy fresh one. They said 1 tea spoon per gallon and spray.. recommended for outdoors, supposedly it’s what nurseries use. Are you outdoors?? I would say buy a small box or whatever and try it better than $35+ for that product just saying. What’s in that product anyways?? Have you checked the labels??

Comment

• Geofite
        Geofite commented
        Editing a comment
        I will give this a try and see how it works. Thanks.

I had powder mildew early on in my grow...had them in a greenhouse with not even close enough air flow...one day they looked great the next they were looking near death with white all over them. Used sulphur powder. Believe it was by safer. Mixed with water sprayed once. But key thing was remove from greenhouse. Afraid to use greenhouse again because of the mildew spores that could be inside the greenhouse.. basically sprayed once early very early in veg and it went away. I wouldn't want to spray and buds though if it happened during flower stage.
      best of luck!

​​​​​
      ​​​

Comment

• Geofite
        Geofite commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I don't want to use sulphur on the buds. Not good to smoke them coated in sulphur. I read that it doesn't wash off and will ruin them.

Thanks for the suggestions. The Jake's all in one has sulphur in it. I read about all the other alternatives such as the milk, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide. But was wondering if anyone had tried the Jakes All In One. I did find a you tube video with Marc Emery saying he used it and that it was good, and wondering if anyone else had any experience with it. Here's what's in it. I'm thinking I will give it a try.

Comment

Well, I tried the Jake's all in one but I'm reluctant to keep on using it on my growing buds. I read that sulphur does not wash off the buds and can leave a bad taste so don't want to go there. I found something else that I want to try. It's called cyclone fungicide and it's approved by Health Canada to be used on weed. Has anyone tried this and what where the results? https://www.hydrotekcommercial.com/c...ide-10l-171172

Comment

Found a smaller bottle of it on amazon and ordered that to test it. It's under a different name but the ingredients are the same. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Milk and water is doing the trick for my plants. Was using a product called Defender by Safers but very sparingly. Plants are in full bud now so dont wanna spray any chemicals at this point. I just take them out of tent and blast them top to bottom with the mixture, then leave um outside for an hour or so to dry off. Noticed a major difference after two treatments over the period of 10 days. homegrown
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Comment

• Geofite
              Geofite commented
              Editing a comment
              I just sprayed them with the milk and water solution. I don't have a lot of powdery mildew going at the moment so hope this will prevent it from spreading.

I have used safe grow ,neem oil,3in1, and half a dozen others ,I am in a green house but my air flow is great,shouldn't happen but it keeps coming back ,I tried the milk and water and intend on using it for the rest of this grow,
            @ Canuck and homegrown how often did you spray ,I did the first one on Friday so tomorrow will be 3 days, this has been a real big PITA. I have a one gallon sprayer and I can only spray 3 plants top to bottom so it takes 4 gallons per treatment and milk is way more cost friendly lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              I just sprayed my girls for the fifth time yesterday.

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              hey oldjarhead100, im having the same issue. my tent is inside an air conditioned garage with a dehumidifier running, RH 45% but it kept showing up.. I have treated my autos(flushing them for harvest so wanna stay as clean as possible) three times now in 10-12 days, gonna spray them again tomorrow. I have noticed a big difference since first spray. Just had a look at my 3 AK photos that are thick with buds right now so im gonna start spraying them on the same schedule. every 3 days. nice thing about milk/water mix is you can soak the heck out of them and know its mostly water..and a little milk. only problem i have encountered so far is my wife may be getting a little jealous cause i go out to give the girls a milk bath just before bed.... homegrown

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              homegrown so one night shes not expecting it draw her a milk bath and see what happens

Well its raining to beat the weed down this early morning. We are entering the prime time of WPM here outdoors. I have taken some preventive measures by moving my well budded plants under a canopy yesterday only could fit 4. One other plant I moved to the greenhouse had to super crop the top about 6" i'm thinking of leaving her there till she finishes not sure yet. My 6th plant the crippled up broken but wide mama mia in her 30 gal. container is sitting where she is. I dare not move her as her other broken arm may flop further and fall off. She's still filling out not expecting her to be as good quality but she'll make a good blend. Really cooled down with this rain, fall is definitely here in my area. Praying for decent harvest as we need it. Time to begin the germination for indoor for me. Have a no mold no mildew Happy Sunday all.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Geofite
              Geofite commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope your plants are okay and happy harvest!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NPK-Ind-PM-Wash-QT-Remove-Powdery-Mildew-for-hydroponics-and-soil-gardens/153627004793?epid=1600551751&hash=item23c4e20f79:g :Cg8AAOSwtmVdbFnc This stuff works well

Comment

• stump
              stump commented
              Editing a comment
              it has a higher ph but its raised with electricity.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              and it doesn't work well

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              and it doesn't work well

Thanks everyone. I just sprayed the plants with milk and water. There wasn't a lot of the powdery mildew on them so I cut off most of the leaves that I saw it on and sprayed the rest of the plants to prevent it from spreading. This sure is a big pain to have to spray so many plants! I really don't want to use any chemicals on the buds now. They are huge and gorgeous. Will keep on checking them and spraying as needed. I did order the stuff from amazon with the lactic acid and citric acid ingredients so will use that too when it comes in. Here's my big buds. So lovely!

Comment

• stump
              stump commented
              Editing a comment
              make sure you make it a habit to shake the dew off or even use a leaf blower. Air circulation is huge.

Question, would powdered milk work?
            Off to the store to buy milk,,,,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X