Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I copied my message to Nebula to here in case Nebula is too busy to respond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cali
    replied
    Originally posted by growsomebuds View Post
    Greetings Nebula. I only contact you as a last resort, as I'm sure you're busy. I've made at least 3 posts since mid May in an effort to try and understand why my plants are all so stunted. I've received no reasonable explanations as to my dilemma, thus far. These Pineapple Express plants began life in early April. The tallest is only 20" tall. The two shortest are 12" tall. I put them into 12/12 flower ~ 2 weeks ago in the hopes I'd get that flower stretch. I see it happening on a stunted growth scale. I just read about Nitrogen deficiency. I didn't consider it until minute's ago. I watered and removed some yellow and dying leaves on all plants two days ago. These were on the lower nodes of all plants. I took these pics 30 minute's ago and freaked out at the number of yellow leaves on the tallest plant! The 16" plant developed more yellow leaves in the same two day period. I don't get why this is happening. I use GH's Flora Trio in well water(admittedly, I have hard water). I also use a cheap pen to pH my water every time. See the leaves on the plate? Those came off the 20" plant, tonight. Can simple Nitrogen deficiency be the sole cause of my abysmal plant growth. I'm at my wits end. I have good lighting(may even have light burn issues), good air exchanges, temps are in the low to mid '80's during the day. I really hope you can take some time to access my problem. Ask me all the followup questions you require. Thank you so much for reading. If you haven't the time or inclination to respond, could you move my post to the regular forum area? This is it for this year's grow. Whatever yield I get from these in a few more months is all I'll have to smoke until next year's harvest. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks for reading
    The plants look good except for the burned up tips from nutrients it looks like. And the small size. How is the humidity in there? Look up VPD, vapor pressure deficit. Sometimes low humidity can prevent the leafs from (“breathing”) properly and will not grow. Also I noticed Nebula and Sirius will not reply and it’s been happening since they been busy with they’re online payed tutorial which I was excited about until I asked some questions about and I got no reply. Plus it just encourages growers to use bottled chemicals and I made the switch to living soil. A world of difference in bud quality and I don’t have to worry about ph this ph that no ppm no run off to check no pen no calibration solution no bullshit I just worry about my soil and the plants do what they do best. No point in trying to reinvent the wheel when is been rolling just fine for multiple years. Let me know if the VPD helps.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Im sure there will be an interest to see how your pH meter is reacting to the calibration

• Sww
    replied
    Looked at your plants at 11 weeks quite good really. If they are fed properly maybe fault with the lights. And too much nitrogen or nutes stunts a plant. I had it not long ago I feed a plant twice, it stop growing then flush it abit and bingo off it went again

Leave a comment:

• Bengfan
    replied
    I agree ph 1st. you do need to water to runoff (20% or so). And without these and other basics you are asking for trouble. I would however also like to add that although I have not used a Viparspectra, Some led's can limit plant stretch. I have absolutely noticed a difference in stretch since I started using an HLG led qb.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    Because the plants have the best use of nutrients between ranges of pH... it is extremely important to keep their environment within that range or they will not be able to take in the elements of your nutrients with ease. If your car ran best at 40 miles per hour and you drove it at 70mph, you would not take advantage of the best use of fuel, tires and other components of the vehicle. However at 40, its smooth sailing.

While not a great analogy, it should give you an idea that you may be providing all you need it the soil but you pH is preventing the plant from accessing it properly. there are a load of visual aids on line that can help to illustrate this..type in "nutrient lockout chart"

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    ah ! THERE YOU GO.... I finally bought the blue lab pen. its is nearly automatic calibration just by pressing a button and dipping into the known pH value solution. I tested my $10.00 pen and it was off by .3 not a lot unless your looking a 7.0 versus 7.3 or worse

• growsomebuds
    replied
    I forgot I had two pH powder packets from a pHing kit. Gonna buy some distilled water tomorrow for calibration. Also have a pH pen that will measure TDS,as well, on order. I have little to no run off from any of my containers. Is that a major oversight?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Improper PH is the number one cause of deficiencies /excessive nutrient problem and root problems.
    If you don't rule it out as the culprit you can chase your tail with no resolution, as you have been doing. pens can work for a month or two then poof! They Need calibration one day. If your using a cheap pen, it will crap out at some point so buying a pen with a replaceable tip is wise.

It looks like a nitrogen deficiency but with the brown tips I'd also say zinc deficiency, looks like your pots are dry as well, how often do you water? To a little runoff evertime? No matter what I think it could be if you don't know whether you're pen is working properly none of that information or what you do will help.

Anytime there is a nutrient problem with a cannabis plant,
    PH is the first thing to rule out.

• growsomebuds
    replied
    I was thinking that if my pen is causing my pHed water to be off b/c of a calibration problem, wouldn't my plant be all kinds of screwed up? I mean, wouldn't I have all kinds of nutrient deficiencies besides what looks like just nitrogen deficiency?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply

• growsomebuds
    replied
    Originally posted by growsomebuds View Post
    @Mr Furley, I don't think I have the means to.
    Yup; watching youtube videos now.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    If you aren't calibrating then your meter is probably off and you have most likely been watering at the right/wrong ph for a bit now.
    you need to get calibration solution and check not only your old meter but your new meters as well. They make solution for ph and Tds meters and it is necessary to do this from time to time, I check mine ever water which is twice a week! in fact the pen stays in the solution and I change it every month.

• growsomebuds
    replied
    @Mr Furley, I don't think I have the means to.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Have you calibrated the one you have lately?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X