Trim for canna butter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Trim for canna butter

Is it possible to make effective canna butter using dried trim? If so is it nacessary to go thru the decarb process?

Yes and yes. Happy eats

Comment

• Arnie
      Arnie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your succinct reply

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Ty, I like to be compendious. 🌱

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      We use coconut oil.. it has more multi chain triglycerides and you can pack it really strong.

Decarbing the trim or flower activates the resins inside the material and not just the visible surface crystals. The oils in the butter draw the oils from the material into the liquid.

For example, my medical cannabis has 2 THC measurements. “Actual” and “Potentially”. The “Actual” is what is THC on the surface of the material. This can be as low as 0.27% of the weight / gram of flower. The “Potential” is the amount of THCa...THC(a)cid...it can be measured at 25% of the weight /gram of flower. It’s the THCa that needs to be decarbed to convert it to THC. (Same as CBD/CBDa). THCa has practically no similar effects to THC unless it’s been decarbed.

So to get the strongest potency of your butter you want to activate all 25% of the “Potential” THC otherwise your butter would be the very weak 0.27%. 😉 This hold true for almost all extraction methods using solvents such as butter/olive oil/Everclear alcohol.

And even better than making butter, is to turn your butter into ghee before adding your herb.

Best of luck 👍

Cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Thanks I'll try the ghee trick

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X