X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Budrot? Or I'm being paranoid?

Hi guys!

I hope everyone is doing well.

I come here to ask for some advice. Yesterday I noticed one of my flowers got weirdly dry and that worried me and tons of people have given me mixed answers so I'm here to ask for some advice. Some told me it was a case of budrot (first stages), that it's botrytis, others told me that maybe my COBs burned it (one of the COBs is below it) and others are saying the bud is just turning amber.

The truth is I don't know and I need more insights haha.

Here are some photos I took. I ended opening the bud to check for any kind of damage (like the one you see from botrytis/budrot article in this website but it didn't look like anything like that).

Hopefully someone here can help me find what could be the issue x_x

Thanks!

It certainly looks like bud rot what does the stem at the bud sight look like is it discolored ,brown and dieing if it does its bud rot if not maybe something else ,either way I would cut the bud off below where any signs of damage are
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I'm not sure what it is, either, can you slice a bud open? It looks like some of the buds are way overdone, like maybe too much heat and light.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Hello oldjarhead100 and alltatup!

I took more photos yesterday, just to be sure everything was OK... and I did not find anything? Or maybe I was looking in the wrong place? D:

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          BigBadLion Awesome pics, thanks for that! I've never seen a fresh bud sliced open, so that's very interesting. Doesn't look the way bud rot looks, that's for sure. Can you dim or raise the COBs?

• BigBadLion
          BigBadLion commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks alltatup for the compliment about the photos! I also raised the COBs a little just to avoid issues!

Hello there from Oregon. I don't see any rot. I have had rot on buds mainly on big fat oily long colas like that jack herer I had from last summer outdoor. And heat plus humidity in a tent could start the process. If it's a jack herer just might have to harvest the plant in sections.Your slice looks clean. Congrats on growing a great strain.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• BigBadLion
          BigBadLion commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man!

The strain I'm growing is a Kali Dog!

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          with the new pictures I agree no rot , maybe heat stress like ATU says

• BigBadLion
          BigBadLion commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 I thought that for a second but the plants are almost never over those temperatures. If anything they've reached about 78.8º F like once or twice but in general they are never above 75.2º F. Maybe it's a sign that my plants are almost ready for harvest and I should start flushing?

Hey guys!

Today I noticed other buds from the same plant having the very same issue. I took some photos (I'll post them later today as they are still in the camera) but I think it's just a sign and the plant is telling me she's ready to start flushing!

Comment

Hi guys, here's the photo!

Maybe it's just maturing too early?

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            The stigmas (white hairs) look mostly still white, which is a sign that she's not ready to harvest. Could you show a few pictures of the whole plant?

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            ATU is correct its not ready I couldn't see any amber trics ,theres a saying its better to cut two weeks late than one week early, alot happens in that last week so be patient most new grower cut to early did you read the tutorial its pretty good

Hi alltatup and oldjarhead100!

The reason why you both don't see amber trichomes in that plant it's mainly because that is from of the flowers that are not in the bottom. Here are two more photos that show both things a little better. Now I want to start the flush because I'm using soil so the plants will still have about two more weeks and that way I'll be able to keep maybe a 70% (cloudy) / 30% (amber) ratio!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you show the whole plant? (second request)

BigBadLion it could be 2days to 2wks by the small bud shot looking at the stigmas. Would help to see the whole plant.

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

alltatup SoOrbudgal here are photosof the whole plants. Better? Sorry for not showing them earlier :x

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              BigBadLion Son, you got some BigBadBuds there!!!!! These pics give a much better perspective on the situation. Your plants look fabulous and simply seem to be getting ready to end this cycle and begin the next, which comes with harvest.

If it were me, I'd give them a good flush and reduce nutes. They are getting close to harvest, and don't need as much feeding as when they were busy putting on all that weight!!! Feed lightly, repeat flushes or follow pre-harvest instructions found here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/flushing

Ohhh very nice Lion 2nd pic is looking close but still stigmas are not curling in and amber. Lovely leaf fade, If it was mine i'd flush unsulfured molasses/water let her get good and dry between now and check trichs again in 4days. She is a fine looking plant and that other one will enjoy the airflow space once she's out of the tent. Keep close eye lots of resin.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Hey alltatup and SoOrbudgal!

Thank you both for your words! ❤️

Here are other photos (the general one is one I took with my phone camera). I want to flush them for two weeks (but the more clear one might be ready a little earlier!).

That must be a safe bet, no? And for the flush I'll be watering with sugars, pHed water and Flawless Finish from AN!

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Gorgeous buds!! You'll know it when they reach peak ripeness; the aroma almost makes you feel drunk.

• BigBadLion
                BigBadLion commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks alltatup !

Right now the smell is hella strong haha, between lemoney and strong! I suppose it makes sense since it's a Kali Dog! (a mix between a Chemdawg and a Sour Diesel)

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                BigBadLion I had this amazing experience on my grow that harvested around July 24; this time, I was much more focused on closely watching the development of the buds, the phases that the stigmas would go through, whose stigmas would begin to transform from white to various colors depending on the strain--yellow, tan, burnt orange, etc. In other words, I wasn't so focused on looking at triches in my loupe as I was on previous grows. I had looked at a lot of pics of "This is a ripe bud ready to harvest" here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/ready-for-harvest-pictures

And then the most amazing thing happened: I could see them changing, changing, day by day, more stigmas darkening and curling in, calyces more swollen and trichomes very prominent. I checked triches on a Friday, and then when I checked them on Monday, plus how the plants looked and how they smelled--I knew they were ready. AND, they had stopped changing. They hadn't changed much at all since Friday. This was the first time I just plain old KNEW they were ready. What's cool is that that knowledge comes to us after we've grown for a while--all we have to do is really watch and get to know our plants.

I keep an eye on them throughout the grow--I look for nanners, anything that needs to be cleaned up or removed, and bugs on a daily basis. And they so reward me for taking such good care of them. You can tell that your buds totally love you!!! ;-}

Damn alltatup that's a beautiful description of loving your grow. BigBadLion this is what it's like when you really getting into the growing aspect of your weed plant. Tending to the plant daily a time or two, watching the changes taking notes on those changes and just keeping up with knowledge. This is to me what rec. personal growing is all about. It's like summertime to me year round. Every grow gets better and better, I wave and smile honk my horn at the dispensary folks standing outside knowing that my homegrown is just as good if not better than theres. Good job and soon you'll enjoy the harvest, hide some from your friends

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Thanks alltatup for sharing all that!

I've been checking my plants everyday and I just love how she's constantly changing, specially at these stages! Right now I'm also focusing on both the pistils and the trichomes as they are the things that change the most! I hope to get enough knowledge in the future, I feel it'll be super rewarding when it happens!

Thanks as well SoOrbudgal and learning is an amazing experience, I'm loving it!

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It really is amazing to watch the stigmas develop! And when they start to darken, it's so cool to watch.

I am living proof that after doing it enough times, and really being mindful about what we're doing, we really do learn to see and smell when they're ready. I love learning this stuff!!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X