Grow room plan C for new grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Grow room plan C for new grow

Some may know but it a 9’6”(wide)x16’(long)around 9’ tall (will get the exact updated, 6- Grow site (13GAL each) 3” pvc piping, Current Culture XXL13, Have a 13 gal trash can as a top of res. 3-30 gal trash cans as RO water holding tanks (going to look at moving to 2 for saving space, 4 spectrum king SK402 (I believe??), 30” plant spacing for each row of two 20” centers to side wall corners a little more “””, going to rig up fans on my lights and get rid of heat AC of 14,000btu not keeping up last grow, doing 68”x 40” trills set of two or three per 2 plants not sure yet probably have one side swing off the wall and supported by chain or rope. I’m sure there more I figured out but forgot been making drawings of ideas. Any ideas or questions more the welcome and I’ll post updates

What kind of yields possible from a set up like this? Approximate price range on all equipment? I’m a brand new grower about to harvest my first but I’ve watched people growing for years. However, I’ve never seen a fairly “cheap”, fairly large hydro set up.

Comment

• George4green
      George4green commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess really depends how you build it and how much actual equipment you get. Like ex. I bought a 1/4hp water chiller from the get go some get away with frozen water bottles. Another note I spent about $100 a week on electric this grow and got about 4- 4.5 lbs out of 6 but had some issues this round

• OneWithGanja
      OneWithGanja commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear that. Was just curious. I’ve heard of a lot of people making smaller hydro setups for pretty cheap. Maybe in the future, once I’ve become good and familiar with growing, I’ll build me something. I also live right in the middle of town with the PD less than a block away so building something like that is a little risky for me at the moment. Lmfao

• George4green
      George4green commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol ya understand. Don’t have the pd but have a guy the wind tends to always blow towards.

Got a new AC put in. Technically it’s the same BTU (14000) but back to the window type unit. Went to a portable because of light glowing in the night tru the window type but the portable wasn’t doing anything for RH decrees. Ordered parts so hopefully in a week or so room be clean and ready

Comment

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      The A/C makes a RH problem worse, not because it's adding water to the air. Reduce temps, the dew point drops and you get....dew. I'm guessing his portable A/C also had a dehumidifier.

• George4green
      George4green commented
      Editing a comment
      I run a separate dehumidifier. Between the dehumidifier lights and the water chiller heat load last grow the ac wouldn’t keep up. It just seemed to me the widow unit type ac worked better then the portable type. I don’t have facts for that statement just how things seem. There both the same btu. Just sucks now I have a big ac sticking out of my room that will glow in the dark lol

• OneWithGanja
      OneWithGanja commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, ok. Thank you for the info! Was curious about that but I couldn’t ever find anything with some straight up facts, just opinions.

Got a little more done. Shelf on right will have some kind of door or curtain to keep light out. It will house the nutes and RO filter. Shelf on back right is for propagation. Shelf on left holds all my trash cans for water. Over there I have three water valves, one is for main top off res, one for holding tanks for water change, other just a short whip for filling spray bottle and what not. Going to Put my water pump, chiller, and air pump on switch’s this time. CO2 rain system mounted above fans to spread through out the room (still waiting on CO2 monitor). I thank the wife going to let me buy a mini split AC so that will be great. The window unit sticks out like crazy. Luckily have a guy that does ac and a pot head and trust worthy to keep mouth shut. System drain out done and plumbed in just waiting on my bulkheads to finish the 3” pvc. Also waiting on some duck work for venting my lights

Comment

• OneWithGanja
      OneWithGanja commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice. My next grow, I’m planning to have a decent bit of duct work due to my LED making the tent just wayyyy too hot for my little exhaust fan to do anything about. Days where it reaches 95-100, my tent gets up to like 86 and it’s just too much for it. Had a foxtail pop up.. luckily I’m about to harvest. Like literally in the next hour. Lol

• George4green
      George4green commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya that’s about why my room was like for the last month

Comment

Picked up AC today and started the install and good old UPS brought my autopilot CO2 controller

Comment

Started on my boxes for lights to exhaust heat. This just some stoner red neck engendering. Yes the hole I meant to make jaggy and not perfect to help pull some air. One picture just shows how the vents will line up. The light will be in the box and taped sealed

Comment

Hi George, all I can say is that you are the Dr. Frankenstein of grow rooms: you've created a monster!! It's awesome. As I was skimming through all the above info, I thought I'd say: I use a dehumidifier during flower, and I'm able to park it in the doorway of the grow room so that the warm air blows out into the hall instead of staying in grow room, which stayed a nice 73 degrees throughout flower--and a bit lower at night with lights off.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• George4green
            George4green commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish I could. I grow in a 10 foot wide 16 foot long wooden shed 100foot from the house so my options seem to be only cool the heat load I have. I’ve thought of putting an duct on my dehumidifier and pull the heat out of the room but I also don’t want a negative pressure of to many exhaust fans and suck a lot of CO2 out

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            George, I won't even add up how much it has cost me to fine tune my grow room environment. It's a challenge indeed, and I applaud your creation!

• George4green
            George4green commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you and I feel your pocket pain.

Has anyone used “O2 Grow”? Maybe the next thing I get and then I can get rid of my O2 bottle I use

Comment

that was fun to build...jealous i dont have the opportunity where i live..

Comment

• George4green
            George4green commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Still not 💯 legit where I’m at but..... maybe soon

Finally got more done. Been having slot of knee pain but hell we all have our issues. 4” ducts ran. Still have to do soft pipes for adjusting hight and install new boxes. Ya changed the boxes for the lights. Got the fan hung. Still have to get the carbon filter box done. Still have to close in the shelf to block the light from nutes and RO filter. Seeds are in but waiting to have room 💯 done and clean before starting which means I need to hurry up

Comment

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow....you're making a pretty serious investment in your air moving set-up. I'm gonna be a dick and suggest that you change your duct arrangement so your fan is pulling from the center of the manifold into your filter box. The way you ran it, you're going to move a ton of air through the first inlet, and next to nothing through the one at the end on the right. A blower would possibly have been a cheaper and more efficient choice than the inline fan, but if you're like me, you use what you have.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            It's looking fantastic, George!!!

Ya I thought of coming through the middle to my fan but I plan on piping in a line off the other end to a box that will house my air pump and have a feed from outside. Probably be 3” from outside to air filter and air pump then 1 1/4 from air pump to 4” exhaust ducting of lights. Was going to tape off holes in the boxes to get close to equal air pull though out system. Had an idea off buying an wind speed measure to achieve this equalization

Comment

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Some dampers to adjust and balance the airflow might be required, but any time you do that, you get more noise and lose efficiency. We had some pretty elaborate air collection systems in the welding shops I've worked in, and the headers had some serious design work done on them. I don't know exactly how to use an anemometer, but I know they aren't very expensive. You should be able to tune the flow so it's not sucking crumbs off the floor through one lamp.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X