X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White sprouts in auto buds

I've never seen anything like this, first auito grow
    Attached Files

they look like nanners or bananas whatever you want to call them. Might have seeded bud.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

I agree, I was trying to find a link for them to look at when you had commented on my post, Cloud. Lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I have this same issue with my autos outdoors. I'm not that experienced with autos this is my first outdoor grow with them, have grown photos for years and never saw this unless they foxtailed? I have no males but....pollen may be in the wind from neighboring farms? It's on both my Durban poison and sweet tooth.

• OneWithGanja
        OneWithGanja commented
        Editing a comment
        I would definitely be cautious of neighboring farms if they’re growing as well. A male plant can pollinate a female from quite a distance away.. and I’m sorry for the late response, been super busy at work..

Male flowers, 100%.
      You can very carefully pinch them out and hope you don't impregnate them, let them pop and see what the seeds are like (bad idea) or harvest and pinch the male flowers off, dry,cure and smoke.
      It's a bummer but it happens, especially with "new" things like auto flower, ruderalis likes to hermie, among other things.
      Enjoy the day, tomorrow is never certain.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what genetics/breeder were you using?
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Originally posted by VtGreen1965 View Post
          Male flowers, 100%.
          You can very carefully pinch them out and hope you don't impregnate them, let them pop and see what the seeds are like (bad idea) or harvest and pinch the male flowers off, dry,cure and smoke.
          It's a bummer but it happens, especially with "new" things like auto flower, ruderalis likes to hermie, among other things.
          Enjoy the day, tomorrow is never certain.
          Not sure exactly what you mean. If I cut and dry why not just smoke all buds as long as they are away from other plants while drying? These should be ready by now anyway.
          Last edited by 7vicsmcc; 07-31-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Some folks (me) are allergic to the pollen (gives me a headache), and it is not healthy for anyone.,,,,

Originally posted by s62 View Post
          Out of curiosity, what genetics/breeder were you using?
          AUTO AK47 FEMINIZED from msl ,all I know

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            MSNL has good genetics as far as I know.

Howdy 7vicsmcc, Those are 'nanners'! The seeds they may produce will most likely be female. I have three grows now from 'nanner'ed' seeds and they all have produced female plants. As for the genetics, I think that the environmental stresses (heat, light, and pH problems) are more likely to cause the nanners. On the last grow (from nanner'ed seeds), I kept the temperatures (air) under 80° F and have not found many seeds, so far only four seeds out of over ten ounces of bud.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Originally posted by DW2 View Post
            Howdy 7vicsmcc, Those are 'nanners'! The seeds they may produce will most likely be female. I have three grows now from 'nanner'ed' seeds and they all have produced female plants. As for the genetics, I think that the environmental stresses (heat, light, and pH problems) are more likely to cause the nanners. On the last grow (from nanner'ed seeds), I kept the temperatures (air) under 80° F and have not found many seeds, so far only four seeds out of over ten ounces of bud.
            So i could move it away from others and have a crapload of free auto seeds. Covered with tricones is it smokable? These are outies

Comment

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              Should be smokable, yes. I think there may be an increased likelihood that the seeds could be hermies as well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X