Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR2K
    replied
    I think you need to have a two pronged approach - Reduce your power by changing to a backup LED light and keep your exhaust fan on low. I have a Goal Zero Yeti 1250, which I will add batteries to, as well as about 700 watts of solar panels.

You're wise to prepare and I wish you much luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• vseprosto90211
    replied
    I’m the owner of the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT generator. Always take it when go camping. It is easy to use, portable, easy to carry around and pretty quiet (ideal to use at night). You can charge many devices simultaneously and can even connect two generators to double the power and run-time. Pay attention to this gen as well.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Haha... this is funny. In a way, I find my self acting like my mother ...( single parent family) and she worries about everything. Now when I have the grandkids aNd I see them acting wild, I hear the same words coming out...” don’t run, don’t swing that, don’t push him, watch out, don’t climb up there, eat! “. Official old fart speak for sure

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Lol. This conversation reminds me of the movie idiocracy. It’s a Mike Judge film, a must see. A depiction on how future humans are doomed to future failure due to past modernizations.

• HappyDaze
    commented on 's reply
    Not certain I would use the word "ideals" to describe the over exuberant fantasies of youth, but I hear ya. The question is...what are the current generation gonna be like when they're all old farts? I think they'll be looking for something high enough to jump from, if and when their WiFi gets interrupted.

• Farmall
    replied
    Well. I could be older than you and in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s we chose to enjoy what life was offering and banded against the establishment... I had many friends who lived resistant to mans latest innovations. So here it is 50 years later and those ideas are always in the back of my head... but supplanted by the conveniences of Flat screen tv, WiFi , air conditioning and satellite tv...any many more . When the power goes out...all of those conveniences are reversed and it becomes the 1960’s ....instantly, no power, no tv, no WiFi, no a/c... many of those old hippies live in todays very modern world with no recollection of those former ideals.

Leave a comment:

• MJTECH
    replied
    Originally posted by Farmall View Post
    It’s kinda weird when the power goes out. And we have a major outage issue but, we kinda think like old hippies, independent, free thinking, flat screen, WiFi, a/c, satellite....🤪
    Not quite sure what that is supposed to mean?

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    It’s kinda weird when the power goes out. And we have a major outage issue but, we kinda think like old hippies, independent, free thinking, flat screen, WiFi, a/c, satellite....🤪

Leave a comment:

• MJTECH
    replied
    Originally posted by Farmall View Post
    Ran a genny for several days ... fortunately the timer sequence was the same as mine...11;00pm lights out... a 9000w using runs more than 1/2 the house
    MJTECH That is my kinda gadget !....Amazon?
    This is the generator I use, it's a trailer mounted Generac 6.5Kw installed inside of a homemade sound reduction housing, when it's running it literally cannot be heard 30 feet away, the tank on the front can hold 100 gallons of gas which will run it 24/7 for 15 days.

After Irma I ran it for 2 weeks 24/7 shutting it down only for oil changes.

The reason for the pump and hose is because gas only can be stored for so long, once it gets a couple of months old I use what is stored to fill my van and wife's pickup, that pulls it down to 50 gallons and then I refill it.

MJ

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    Ran a genny for several days ... fortunately the timer sequence was the same as mine...11;00pm lights out... a 9000w using runs more than 1/2 the house
    MJTECH That is my kinda gadget !....Amazon?

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I have a UPS that delivers 8.5 amps for 8 hours (the 4 batteries are bad, last I checked $600 each). If you have natural gas available, get a generator that runs on that!

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    My generator is dual fuel. Gas or propane. I suggest going this route because if power is out in the entire town...you won’t be able to pump any gas.

Leave a comment:

• MJTECH
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardek View Post
    Hi all, so I'm about to harvest my first indoor grow and I have been extremely fortunate to not have lost power once this summer.

For my next grow I plan to purchase a battery back-up that will be attached to just my light and exhaust fan.

Can anyone give some advice on brands, power needs etc.

I'd like to get something that will keep power for 48hrs to the following:
    shio HILUX GRO BULB CMetal Halide MH 315W / 942 / AGRO 4200K
    4in Infinity Speed ECM Fan w/ 4in RC48 Activated Carbon Filter

My area is pretty stable for power, but with a bad storm, about 48hrs is the max time I've faced over the years. and that is enough in veg or flower to stress beyond comfort.

As already mentioned a battery and UPS backup isn't going to cut it unless you want to install a battery string and rectifiers that will require a separate shed, literally something like this, which will cost you quite a bit of money.

Get a generator, a listed gas can and some Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Just grow auto's in soil and power loss for 4-5 days is no big deal!

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    Back up battery wont do it. Unless you are talking a battery for the house (like in some home solar applications). You need a generator. You add up your total surge amps and then add your total amp draw to spec out the correct size generator.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X