Harvest time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest time?

I am in my first grow currently in 4th week of flower and looking good. As far as harvest times there seems to be some variations out there. So was wanting to see some methods on here. I have read about harvesting when 75% of trichomes have changed color but have also read 50% and a few other variations. I know one site spoke about depends on what feeling you want to achieve. Harvesting early is for a sativa affect and late for indica. So what are the preferences out there? What percentage of trichomes turned do you harvest at?

You sound like me, but a couple weeks ago. The last few weeks have been major learning opportunities for me as I watch my trichomes change. This is my first grow, so it’s new to me as well. As far as achieving a certain type of high, read the GWB website. Basically cloudy trichomes equal cerebral high, and amber trichomes equal couch locked. But what I have discovered in the last few weeks is that due to the organic nature of the plants we are growing, it’s hard to nail down specific trichome ratios. Things aren’t quite as precise as being able to dial-in exactly 10% amber, 100% cloudy, etc. Different parts of the plant age at different rates.
    And to answer your question, if I could harvest at precisely the right time, I would go for 100% cloudy trichomes. I am more into the cerebral highs than the body couch-lock experiences.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      When trichomes are 100% cloudy how much has turned amber if any? I know I have some amber in mine but I’m only a month into flower. From what I have read it should take around 2 months to finish. I’m I correct on that? So going off of time in flower approximately how long does your flower cycles usually last to get 100% cloudy? Just an idea as I know exacts are hard at times

CC420710,

The advice I always followed was found on growweedeasy. For some reason I could not save this if it had the "com" ending. Just make sure you don't have the "forum" prefix. Search for When Are Marijuana Buds Ready to Harvest?

Personally as a newer grower I generally go for the middle of the road approach of Mostly Cloudy Trichomes unless I am growing out a pain relieving variety in which case I go for cloudy and amber trichomes. Just my 2¢.
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely need the pain relief. I will definitely check it out. I know they are getting close or seem to be anyway but idk. I have to order a magnifying glass as my phone one sucks.

Hello again CC420710, two varieties I would consider are Critical CBD which has helped my pain. I am going to try Somango XXL. Both are avialable from Nirvana seeds as feminized seeds if that helps. The Somango XXL is currently priced at $25.20 for five feminized seeds. The Critical CBD is $29.40 for the same number of feminized seeds. If I were to just buy one for pain it would be the Somango XXL. I hope this helps.

As for a tool to look at your trichoms you might want to look at this one: Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand for Windows, Mac, Linux (2 MP, 250x Magnification) located here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It is $39.95 and you can save pics to your computer. Just don’t forget to go into settings to up the resolution.

5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankyou for the tips I will definitely check them out. I have only used seedsman so far don't know much about the others yet. I know I like a mix of head and body. I started smoking because I enjoyed it but over the last few years it has become necessary for problems from severe pain, and seizures, to car sickness and poor appetite. I can't take pain meds and motion sickness pills make me sleepy

You are very welcome. I hope you find the right variety for your pain. Maybe you can find a way to try each of these before you put seeds in the ground.

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe idk it just became medicinally legal last year. They have guidelines and have been issuing licenses but it will still be a bit before dispensaries are up and running. I can’t wait till they do because it will treat my problems more efficiently. Hopefully not too terribly long we have come a long way

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X