GWE CMH estimate low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWE CMH estimate low?

The GWE LEC/CMH guide says 5-10 ounces for yield, yet my grower friend said he’d guess my grow would yield 12-14 based on looking at my growth. Are the CMH numbers generally a bit higher than 5-10, or should I lower my expectations? I’d love a realistic estimate.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

It's hard to judge just looking at 'em, but it seems like it's pretty standard now to break the gram a watt threshold. I'd be optimistic toward the 10+ Oz range.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Thanks, Daze. I was thinking 1g/w must be low for CMH, because supposedly the 315w LEC competes with the 600w HPS. That would mean the CMH was pulling closer to 2g/w. Anyone else?
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll have to have EVERYTHING dialed in to approach those #'s. 1g/watt for HID is the benchmark. Some led' can approach the 2g/watt but it's still very strain/grow dependent. Look promising.

That's a great looking flower patch you've got going. That being said, high expectations lead to disappointment. There's a reason they say don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        So true. Maybe I’ll hope for 7?

I will have the results of my CMH grow in about 9 weeks and will share them. Using a 630w dual bulb for flower and a 315w for veg and a 315w for mother storage.

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, you’ve got a really nice setup! Can’t wait to see results. What yield are you hoping for?

• FatBoy40
        FatBoy40 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anything good and I'll consider it a win, its my first grow. The later grows I will just continue to perfect my craft. I will post yields per plant. I just hoping for at least the min. 1g/w used.

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel confident you’ll get at least that. I would guess quite a bit more, if I’m understanding our lights correctly.

Primo is right - you still have a ways to go before figuring out your yield.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
        Primo is right - you still have a ways to go before figuring out your yield.
        So there’s no way to guesstimate using the # of colas, height of bud growth, etc.? I’m still interested in your subjective guesses/opinions, as well. I’m curious what more experienced growers think based on the scant info I’ve provided lol
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil

Comment

Sorry - but I'm not going to guess - too many variables still in play - bud rot, mold, nute lock-out anything bad can happen. You might not dry or cure your buds properly and one day you look at your jar and they have all turned brown.

No grow is perfect - Murphy's law predicates that.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X