Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Have we Hermies?

Looks like it to me.

I don’t think so... but then again, maybe I do too? Similar looking preflowers on mine.
    Last edited by s62; 07-17-2019, 09:14 PM.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      rangerjake I don't see any nanners on yours, just calyces.

They are single calyces. Mr.furley I don't think I was the one who coined that term... but I have some on my plants, too. One single calyx will grow where growth was pinched off previously.

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m assuming you meant s62 alltatup? Glad my sacs aren’t seed sacs!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      s62 Yours are calyces. Whenever you see the little white hair (stigma) come out, you know you're good to go!! ;-}

Yeah, not sure about your situation, but this looks not good. Plucked a little sac from under a flower and opened it up to find the tiniest little seed.

So. Fuck.

What next? These plants are 2+ weeks from "harvest". Day 58 of what should be 70-80 days. The most developed plant has it's biggest flowers at about 50/50 for pistil change, but anything below the uppermost prized flowers are still all white. The other two plants at most are 15% turned red, lagging behind the most developed plant by a week it seems.

All the plants got the ballz. Will they even try to progress the flowers anymore or will it all just be energy to grow them seeds?

Def could use some good ideas or advice. Would love to see these through as best as possible since they are so far along.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Just stay the course. I'm sure you have had seedy weed before and seedy weed is better then immature weed.
      Time to find out why your plant are hermine

• rangerjake
      rangerjake commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a thousand reasons it could have hermied. I am not running a biolab here, so an open door could have let pollen in through the vents of the tent. Or pollen tracked in on clothes. Or missed nanners due to one of the stressors that has hit my plants (high heat during week 3-4, higher than desirable humidity throughout). Could be something to do with the deficiencies and leaf damage which I have still not been able to isolate or fully resolve. So, the answer is who fucking knows.

Most importantly is that I have 2 photos now in the same tent who are primed to flip (was just waiting to get the autos all done). Now I don't even want to use this fucking tent anymore. Rather start them in a clean environment and work really hard to be as clean and attentive as possible.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Rangerjake, I harvested some outstanding bud that had seeds, and I believe that one plant hermied because of high heat; you're so late in flower that most of the seeds won't mature, hence most of the energy has gone into fattening those buds.

Also, if I am getting seeds from these plants I want the final consensus. Most say chuck the seeds, others say if it was stress-induced hermiedom and not questionable genetics than you are better situated to use those seeds. These are good Nirvana White Widow AF seeds, so I don't question the genes.

Anecdotally I was in Alaska a couple years ago and bought a gram of a 1:1 strain called Frosted Cookies. Great bud, lovely high. But in that one gram I got like probably 10 seeds. From those seeds I grew 2 plants last summer that were proud and strong sinsemilla femmes that would have yielded a combined 10 oz if it weren't for late flowering bud rot wiping out half the harvest. So, there's an anecdote.

Now to vent;
    2 grows in 2 years and 2 times now I am getting hit with late flowering issues. Both years I am staring at these big, glittering colas, and each time some fucking detriment has shot a large percentage of the take. Pretty fucking frustrating, especially after moving indoors from last year to avoid fickle weather issues (the cause of my bud rot). I will be fukkin fuming if I get these photos through to the end to find a similar result.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember your plants last year, it was a bummer about the bud rot, they were beautiful.
      I'm truly sorry that it has been a rough go @rangejake but it will get better just got to keep on Truckin.

I was on vacation and had a plant Herm on me, didn't catch it for some time. Three on the four plant had a mix of seeds but nothing major, one here, one there.

The worst of it came on the hermaphrodite itself, got just over 4 oz off the plant and after cleaning it I had a Oz of seed.
    Not bad but not the quality I usually produce. This is the kind of hermaphrodite I speak of.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181017_195629.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	322987
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190214_172654.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	670.2 KB
ID:	322988
    it was allowed to stay in the tent for the personal experience and the fact damage had been done, I found it at week 6 of 10.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley Really excellent pics! A+++++ for showing what can happen on a frosty bud site.

NEVER EVER go on vacation again!!!

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Rwise
      I did grow one seed out off a crossed plant and at week 4-5 it developed pollen sacks, that plant and all of the seeds went in the garbage.
      alltatup that's the consensus.
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 07-18-2019, 09:53 AM.

• rangerjake
      rangerjake commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Rwise. What I am hoping hoping hoping is that these little fucking baby seeds don't develop much more and harvest (15 ish days away) beats the seed. We are close!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X