Where to buy Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy Seeds

I'm new at growing cannabis, and have had 2 relatively unsuccessful grows. The first was done outside. A single plant. It was exposed to North Dakota weather, which get a bit extreme and threw seeds.
    The second grow was all inside, under lights, in a controlled environment. Four plants (one was a clone), so three strains - all threw seeds.
    I purchased the seeds from a popular online company in Amsterdam, but I'm convinced that it was poor quality seed because ALL of the plants grown from those seeds of the original plants, are MALE. All of them. NOT the seeds I bought from the company - those were all feminized seeds - but the seeds thrown from those feminized plants were all male.
    I need to find a better place to buy seed. Preferably one that will mail seed to me. I'm not opposed to driving to pick it up, though. Or clones. I'll try those, too!

Have you checked out https://www.growweedeasy.com/seeds yet?
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I’ve bought from both Nirvana and Seedsman a couple of times each, shipping to Wisconsin, and I’ve had no problems. I would highly recommend them both. Seedsman has a HUGE selection because they sell other companies seeds, Nirvana only sells their own but they are very high quality and great genetics. Good luck!

Comment

I just received my seed order from Seedsman and it was well packaged and on time. No complaints but I have yet to germinate any seeds.

Comment

I buy from GYO Seedbank everything ive bought from there has been fine, they get seeds from all of the cultivars mentioned above as well.
          Last edited by FatBoy40; 07-18-2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            pretty decent prices at GYO too.
            I just ordered 10 auto seeds for 3 different strains (4 Cream Caramel Auto from Sweet Seeds, 5 Auto NL x Auto Maxigom from Spanish Seeds and one mystery auto free) from a Spanish company called PEVGrow for only $60 CAD.

They have a good review and rating on the web so we shall see.
            Last edited by JohnEmad; 07-19-2019, 12:03 AM.

I had some seeds outdoors this summer that were almost all males too. Your grow technique impacts the male/female ratio.

Toker1 provided this link the other day which has some tips on maximizing the females.

Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

DONT buy from NEW420GUY ... I LOVE MSNL.COM THEY ARE RECOMMEND BY NEBULA. I WOULD NOT STRAY FROM HER LIST OF TRUSTED BANKS.

Comment

I got seed from new420guy and all has been fine, the issues I have had with them were my own issues. His Rusty Glue is doing very well and I can hardly wait for it to finish (working a clone now). The Colombian Gold is very nice also (I finished a clone and I luv this).
              I also understand others got bad seed (all male) and time cannot be made up,,,,

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                You have to try this, take a male plant and use CS on it, use the pollen on this same plant and plant the seed from it, tell us what you get from them, male/female/hermie.. I have done this.

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Rwise maybe I misunderstood the last post. Are you saying you collected pollen from a male plant and used it to pollenate the same male plant?
                If you got seeds from off a make plant, then it was not a male...it was a hermi. Males don’t have the ability to create seeds in their own (with out female parts).
                Last edited by Toker1; 07-21-2019, 09:47 AM.

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                One thing to add. I copied and pasted from a breeder below.
                Colloidal Silver works by being composed of particles so small, that they can easily pass through the plants cells. Once the Colloidal Silver particles are in the plant, they bond to the existing copper molecules. Normal female cannabis plants, use these copper molecules to produce the hormone Ethylene, which is what "tells" them that they are supposed to make normal female flowers (calyxes with pistils). When the Colloidal Silver bonds with the copper molecules, this is inhibited and the plant instead produces pollen sacs.
                *Note: These are still female flowers. Just female pollen sacs. Not male flowers.

Well sorry for the misfortune of getting bad seeds. It's such big business these days and so many distributers to choose from. I don't mind trying different seed banks, fast buds nirvana seedsman but I go for the cup winners when theres a sale. Might spend $$ but chances are you get stability of strain. I have used less known seed distributors who breed there own and sell what "left over old seeds dump from high end breeders give em" that's how I feel when you get bad seeds. Old seeds unstable versions go for the good reviews of company by growers who have used them. When I want them quickly I use new420guy he's got strains from different breeders besides his own. USA
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Again this subject IMO is preference based, unlike myself where im forced to go through GYO due to none of the other cultivars accept VISA lol. They basically get the seeds from all of the vendors mentioned in this post and more. They ship to the states in discreet packaging and gets here in about 5-7 days. I've had no issues so far every seed has popped .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X