OK, that wasn't supposed to happen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, that wasn't supposed to happen...

I've been tweaking a gummy recipe from Leafly after discovering that the recipe as written doesn't quite work (I'm looking to make gummies more consistent with MajorBrand bears in that they're solid at room temperature and won't melt). I think I'm almost there, and left one from the most recent batch out on the counter for the day after noting from a different recipe that they should be cold-set and then left to 'air-dry' to reduce the moisture content further.

After we found that this does firm them up but not enough (and after my roommate ate the sample), we decided to dump/spread the rest of the partly-liquified batch onto parchment paper...placed directly under an incandescent under-cabinet light that she insists on leaving on. Yup...the whole mess melted. Perfect weird ending to a really f'ing weird day.

Now I'm wondering whether it would hurt to add the remains into the next--hopefully corrected--batch. The extra gelatin can't hurt, although I now wonder how potent this is going to turn out.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X