2 years later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years later

I started growing 2 years ago. The actual day I had my tent running was 6/20/2017, so I'm a little over 2 years now. I'm still new and still learning, but these are some of the important things I've learned since growing, and maybe a few fun factoids along the way:

1. Temperature, light, humidity/environment. These are extremely crucial to a successful grow.

2. When I first started, I was so afraid to touch the plants for fear of messing them up. I've realized over time they are pretty tough, and really have a strong will to live. Like Jeff goldbloom said in Jurassic Park, "Life finds a way."

3. I've been on this forum since I started, and I've seen lots of people grow in lots of different ways, using different techniques and different nutrients, different soil or different medium. And I've seen successful grows with all of these. So, the point I'm getting at is there is no one way to grow.

A buddy I work with has been growing for years. Another buddy I work with wanted to start growing since it became legal in our state. He got advice from both of us, and he found out our methods are completely different. He grows in soil, I grow in coco. He grows photos, I grow autos. He uses HPS lighting, I use cobs.

4. Don't get discouraged and give up. My first plant yielded 3.5g because of operator error. Since then, I grew an auto that yielded 24 oz, but I would say my average yield per plant is around 6-7.

Had I given up because of that first plant, I wouldn't be able to smoke like I do today. It's astronomically cheaper than buying it when done correctly. My grow costs around $30/month in electricity, and generally an ounce costs me no more than $10 after factoring in the complete cost of the grow.

5. Speaking of ounces, 2 years of growing under my belt has yielded me a total of 90.17 ounces, or 3.22 lbs (I just took 2 plants down that will yield about 10 oz total, and I didn't factor that in to this number).

I've given quite a bit away to friends, and I haven't ran out once since I started. My yield for my first year was 32 oz, so this past year I ended up with 26 oz more than the previous year.

6. Don't stop learning or researching. There's always something new to find.

If anyone has anything they would like to add, feel free! These are just a few things Ive learned over the course of 2 years, and most of it came from this website and community. So for that, I thank you all.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Very well said, hope some newbie will read this. Patience and thank you Doubledealing72
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Very good information, patience and don't give up!

Comment

Doubledealing72 ,You have learned well, ole buddy,
        Keep up the great job, and pass it down.
        Good to hear from you !!
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's great to hear from you daas! I hope you are doing well!

Holy man! I was reading over this to get my totals for all 3 years of growing, and I realized I was WAY OFF on my math for total lbs.

I divided 90 by 28, not by 16 *face palm*

So, in reality, 2 years of growing brought me 5.6lbs, not 3.3.

Whoopsie daisy!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X