No announcement yet.

Meesta's Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear ya Altatup. How's the weather?
    ​​​​Organic Grow, kind Soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest, , Perlite.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

AC Infinity Axial Fan Driver Coolers

Ventilation AC Infinity 6"

Carbon Filters AC Infinity in and out

Root Trapper 2 Smart pots 7 gallon

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      We had a beautiful tropical storm yesterday all day as the system passed over us: mild breezes, small amounts of rain, cool and quiet, Very pleasant. Nothing like hurricane Matthew in Oct 16 that left me without power for a week.

I'm glad Mother Nature was kind to you and it was enjoyable. So now the rush begins on Monday for ya. Back to school. It's really good that you're a job you love so much, hopefully I'm correct with that. Probably shouldn't can it a job, being a teacher is more of a life choice so more like career I would think. Anyways good to hear that all is well. Hey, did you read the article this am about the THCV? If not here ya go.

https://news.weedmaps.com/2019/09/wh...thing-in-weed/

​​​​​​Hope you enjoy the article, I did.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Sorry about the grammar, I've given up with autocorrect, it seems to think sentences sound better screwed up like that.. Lol

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Good news everyone! Plants are looking healthy, aside from a small spot of WPM, or accidental nutrient drip. Either or, it's been cut away and I purchased 'Serenade'(organic disease control) for worst case scenario.

A coworker was flippin through a new unit of white oak, found a large praying mantis and called me over. Took 'em home and released among the WW ladies. I had thought of clipping their wings, but couldn't bring myself to do it. This beauty has since moved on, but what fun! Super docile around me, nearly walked up my arm as I let it go!

So, dealt with the accidental burn by flushing with water, then next watering flushing with 'FF Sledgehammer', followed by another regular watering, and we're back on track! WW ladies are now only receiving 'Cha-Ching' and 'Bembe' every other watering, getting closer everyday!

My hands shake a bit, but I'm proud of the picture I was able to take with the loupe. Getting cloudy, no amber as of yet, to my dismay. I have taken today and tomorrow off (PTO filled out a month or so ago) with the idea I'd be chopping a lady down. Looks like at the very least another week.

Learning more as they grow, at this point recognizing in the future I'll want to support branches more. I'm proud of the shapes these ladies have taken, however there are areas that need improvement. Live and learn! With my free time I'm sure I'll update again soon. Thanks for stopping by y'all!
        🤘😎 - Meesta
        Meesta's Grow
        2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The mantis is a beauty, and it's a good thing you didn't clip wings; I can't imagine how bad the karmic backlash would have been!!!

This is the exciting time!! The girls look fantastic!!! I hope no branches broke on you!

• MeestaFeesha
          MeestaFeesha commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm so glad that you have the same thought process as I did!

Yea, there was no way I coulda brought myself to do it. Killing rodents/birds that Nala brings me is a different story. If she's maimed them bad enough, I'll end their misery.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it's always been so strange to me that cats can take soooo long to kill their prey... I've done the same thing many times.

alltatup …….WHAT you a slow killer hmmm very interesting. Now Meesta we should all take a lesson in supporting what a shame we grow such heavy armed ladies I know i'm going to get a shorter more squat wider container next summer. I'm done with the taller containers, summer is becoming more windy in my area it seems?? I really thought I had prepared but not the case. I will be next season. I'm gonna wire cage them and bamboo spread. We are taking off for a couple days and they got me concerned cause of falling over being top heavy so i'm placing them behind a chicken coop which blocks the wind. Not in sun but safe from wind. My greenhouse is not large enough to hold 4 more plants I have 2 in there now along with my soil tote and containers. I had them under ezup but they still need more sun on top only use that when it rains. Well you have a fun chore ahead, if we were neighbors i'd help you trim those plants, take your time. Have a great weekend were going salmon fishing, it's smoking/canning time of year.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You lost me there. Cats are slow killers...

alltatup "I've done the same things many times." About you saying cats can take soooo long to kill prey LOL

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Chance be it, as it does happen, got some other than weed stuff going on. Turned into a lurker on the forum, but wanted to update here! Wall of text to distract me from reality, 🤘😅.

Well, it rained here Monday morning, I knew it was going to, and I was not prepared. Things seem to have worked out. I had woken up at 3am and heard the pitter patter of rain, more jolted awake after that. Ran in my birthday suit outside in the moonlight and moved the three younger ladies and gave them a good shake to get water off. The WW got a good shake then, when I woke up for work, and again before I left for work. As well as driving home to double check during my lunch.

I had, along with the help of two buds, chop down WW#3 on Sunday. She is currently drying in the spare room...It was probably about 4-5yrs since each of us had trimmed. Gave the buds guidelines and let them start as I watered the group. We'll pick back up again for a final trim most likely this weekend.

We've got rain predicted in the future (looks like 8-9am 30%, nothing crazy). I did buy a canvas cover/frame (EZ-Up) today...with intentions to having actually bought it Saturday 🤦‍♂️. Although, I got home this evening with enough time to water and set up the smaller plants on the porch. SoOrbudgal I swear I meant to buy it before now!

Bah, I'm probably forgetting a fair amount (or just leavin' bits out, 😋), but I feel it's already more than enough! Pictures are always worth some-odd amount of words anyways, right? Hope all is well with you lot! And as always, thank you for stopping by.
          Meesta's Grow

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            whats that little worm yikesother than that fantastic buds

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Really fat harvest Meesta we get distracted by our other lifes dealings at time they take away from the grow. I get it. I got that 3am anxious feeling going on. Watch those colas i'm concerned with air circulation when drying large colas they are beautiful. I have to raise my canopy up put another 6" under the legs next season. I'd love to do the same with the GH although it would leave access for varmints to i'll figure it out to block them off.

Meesta i'm glad you got some good buds to help you, I believe your plants to be larger harvest than mine it takes so much effort to get great results like you've gotten. You deserve, heck we all do sit back in a month gather round a firepit and burn the skeletons of our harvest. We do with a few neighbors glory in the harvest, drink some mulled wine in Oct. if you like it.

I got 7 to harvest, hoping not ripening to close together but i'm checking real good this morning. One is just a small auto in the GH no big deal. It's the last of experimental autos for summer growing. Anyhoo, hope you have a good day my porch smells lovely this a.m. with mama mia she sure has been a trooper gonna miss her lost her babies to the runaway wagon spill. What a year LOL Peace & No Mold

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 Caterpillars are/did invade the grow as weather came through. Little devils I tell you! Pinched many a cola right off removing them.

SoOrbudgal that end of season fire pit sounds lovely! I've definitely had a lot of drama (aside from the grow)...Most recently Nala has disappeared, 😢.

Awesome work, meesta!! Someone got a pic of you out there tending to your cannabis in the rain:

Click image for larger version

Name:	meesta.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	338010
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Reminds me of John Denver bless his soul, he was a naked gardener really into his land.

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha! You found me, 🤘😋

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel like this picture needs context....im sure it made for quite a story for someone!

Wow! Really enjoyed this post.
          The realisation of how great this gwe community is present here. Such positive people encouraging and enjoying the smaller things life has to offer. Great perspective filled with gratefulness, gave me a feeling of comfort and warmth.
          Wish I knew/meet people in reality with the same outlook.
          Enjoy! looking forward to an update
          Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            were real yellow ,you didn't make us up lol I know what you mean ,the world would be a better place with a few more people that are like the ones here

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            What if I told you, these people were actually all around you! This day and age most people are caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily lives, slowing down and enjoying what you got will help you to see it! 🤘😋.

A post with pictures to be later followed up with a looong summary. Cheers all! Happy Friday!

*My photos are too big for the new forum setup!* Here we go with Imgur!

Will catch up with ya'll later on today or tomorrow. Hope everyone survived the forum hiatus and are in good (harvest) spirits!
          -Meesta 🤘😎
          Meesta's Grow

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Meesta, Fabulous, astounding, magnificent, spendid results!! Those outdoor colas are amazing!! Congratulations and happy curing!

Well hello to all you lot! Been a little while, meant to come back sooner with a write-up...better late than never!

6 plants, 3 White Widow, 1 Larry OG, 1 Sugar Black Rose and 1 Strawberry Diesel. Everything harvested and curing, with the trim and some smaller buds being used for extracts.

Haven't done a final weight, as an estimate of 32g (low end) per quart mason jar and 25 jars, turns to 800g, which in turn is 28 ounces or 1+3/4 lb. I'm ecstatic with the result, but know it could have been better.

Part of my harvest was demolished by caterpillars, little green bastards! Which had been noticed before, but the extent of their migration to the plants was more than I had thought. All things considered, I dodged quite the bullet with the younger ladies. White Widow and their grand size was a little harder to comb through and pick/pluck 'em out while growing.

Aside from them buggers..Nala, my loveable kitty of 9yrs, is no longer around, and sadly I've got no explanation 😢. The depression that occurred from losing her had my drying+trimming take a hit. Most plants were dry trimmed and jarred at around 45-55% humidity. Adding a carrot for a few hours a week ago brought the bunch up to low 50's to 60%. Waiting on Boveda packs that should assist in the long cure.

Some fun, my buddy (whom I gifted 7 clones), prefers dabbing and was interested in learning BHO extraction, as opposed to a Rosin press. Using a vacuum pump and heat pad in this process to properly remove butane (also looking into what is called 'de-winterizing' to create an even cleaner final product). Safety in doing this process is a must, and proper purging of the product is necessary.

Been loads of fun, using roughly (low estimate) 40g of dry trim per batch, most recent yield being 8g. It's amazing to create this quality from trim, looking forward to some smaller scale bud runs.

I had an amazing experience growing and harvesting. I'm proud of what I have accomplished, and excited on a strong pineapple pheno of WW. Already starting a mental checklist for the next batch of ladies, although I have yet to decide on strains.

To be honest ya'll...Still not exactly myself, but getting outta the funk more day by day. Have not yet started smoking much buds, as I'd like to cure longer and rehydrate a little, but the tastes I've had are quite lovely. I plan to be around with some more frequency, I miss the distraction of communicating and admiring the grows of all you wonderful people.

Hope everyone is well,
          🤘😎 Meesta
          Meesta's Grow

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            MeestaFeesha May the universe bless Nala wherever she is; if y'alls' business isn't finished, she'll be back in your life in another form. I am so very sorry to hear it, and I loved seeing her in your pictures, as she lazily slept (not stood) guard over your grow and kept you from getting into too much trouble. So very sorry for your loss, Meesta. She will be back; keep your eye peeled.

Congratulations on your grow!! Hang in there.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Awww man so sorry for you having your garden buddy wander off? I sure hope she just went for a journey and decides she's had enough and comes back home to you. Great grow season for you Meesta, I know your thoughts are elsewhere but do know we love our pets here and we sure are pulling for you she wanders back home. Take care

Thank you two 🙏. It was a very enjoyable grow, I look forward to the next! I'd like to branch out and try some fun strains, although I did end up with about 1 viable seed / plant.

Just recently received my Boveda packs, their shipping updates were...interesting to watch...Once they arrived, I spent the evening weighing each jar, writing it on the lid, and then refilling the jar and placing in a pack. I gotta say, it was actually funny noticing the trim differences between my two dudes and myself! Ended up with 2 pounds of curing buds!

672g of WW, 103g of Sugar Black Rose, 92g of Larry OG and 86g of Strawberry Diesel. I've had a few bowls of WW at this point. Out of bongs and pipes, a coworker of mine more so than me. It's a lovely, mellow high.

I did not actually weigh any of the trim. Majority of the wet trim (fan leaves, stems, bad buds, etc.) went to a coworker, whose mother-in-law makes salve. The dry trim is what I have saved for most extracts/infusions, which I've got 5 1quart mason jars remaining. Let the fun begin!

Having a good time dabbing again, as I take tiny hits, then I'm high for a good while. So I made more! Just a small batch, gotta weigh the buds next time, but I netted .5g.

Alright, I gotta figure out if I need to start making new topics or just continue this journal until the time that I am finished here. 🤘😋

-Meesta

Edit: Photos did not add so I created an Imgur post. https://imgur.com/gallery/4GgSrkp
          Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 10-23-2019, 09:51 PM.
          Meesta's Grow

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            PaganRich Thank you, I gotta get caught up on your grows bud!

alltatup butane extraction, water purged and scraped up while still gooey. Then place on parchment paper and thrown into a vacuum chamber with a heat pad at ~108-110*F. I released the vacuum every 30min over 4hrs the first night and then placed in a sealed container in the fridge. The next day after work, I reheated it with the heat pad, and vacuum purged in the same manner again over 5hrs. While it's warm it's like taffy!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn thats a lotta work. I can see unscroupulous people takin shortcuts

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            alltatup yea, my bud and I talked about that a fair amount on our first run. The crazier thing is the people blowing themselves up..like, you really have to be an unsafe idiot/child. They have put a lot of restrictions in place to deter future dumbasses/shortcut takers.

MeestaFeesha hows the winds your way any smoke? Heard 65+mph winds nor cal fire near you?

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            It's actually interesting, where I'm at we were having more and stronger winds in July through August..it's been quite tame here.

Didn't stop PG&E turning off people's power (I am right at the edge of where they did) expecting high winds here...aaand there were none, but many homes were without power for 1-2days. We joke that it's the company getting back at CA for suing them..instead of, you know, trimming the trees around the lines.

When we had all that snow and power lines down from untrimmed trees last winter I walked our road talked with "contractors from power company" they said the same thing. Power Co. quit hiring trimming crews for prevention. We use to have crews every few years i'd see trimming away from power lines now never. Up to private citizens what he said or let nature happen fix afterwards

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here (NB, Canada)

The utility used to have a dept of people dedicated to vegetation management
            Not anymore, the spray under the transmission lines (the big ones that carry the power)

You call about concerns and they now refer you to one of 3 or 4 other companies.

A buddy of mine just had a partially blown down tree removed - $1200.
            They took the big pieces, left him with a pile of twigs and debris
            They didnt even grind the stump

Maybe I'm in the wrong business 😁

Dang that's just too much for not even cleaning up and not stump grinding

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X