Security, surveillance, systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security, surveillance, systems

I am wanting to install a security system around the farm. I was looking at game cameras when someone suggested a real surveillance system would be cheaper and better (by the time I get all set up). Something I can wire to a recording system, instead of still photos from a game cam. At this time I have no mandates to do so, but we all know thieves will do what they do.
    I dont think I have anything to worry about (yet), I am known to shoot first and ask no questions, if your here your guilty! But I am certain these rules will come, and I may as well get ahead of them.
    So what are all y'all using?

Motion and noise detectors. Sends a message to my phone whenever anything sets them off.
    I have locational cameras I can then tend to and snap pictures. Access capability exists anywhere where you can get internet.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

This is what I would use - Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2128.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	318191
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I luv my dogs, but rats fear them not methheads, and the law here frowns on big dogs, yet they run all over my hood (the methheads fear me and my pistol)

I grow indoors but it never hurts to have a fierce fire-breathing Chihuahua on the premises.
      Last edited by alltatup; 07-07-2019, 06:38 AM.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, my little girl (18 lbs) is the one out front with the big boys standing behind her

I have a geeni camera. Cost me 60$ CAD. However it is not water proof. Goes to my phone, has a built in mic and sd slot

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Dabber just doesn't instill fear. My closet is a Tardis so I can hide my tent wherever I want. But I'm always losing my shoes. If someone gets too close my tent ejects out my roof. There's the trap door, too. But that's a secret.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you went James Bond on any robber's ass.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, Luv the pic! I did not get my dogs to install fear in the criminals, my guns and I do a good job of that. But even I need to sleep an hour or 2 a day,,,

I am looking for a stand alone system that does not require a smart phone, records and saves, something I can use in a court of law if/when someone tries to ripe us off.
        The GF thinks someone is trying to get top hers, so we put naily boards under her windows (we have construction going), one is gone, I hope they loose their foot!
        For now my pistol and I are going for night time walks, since the scrap disappeared it has been very quit at night.
        And yes I would shoot them, would not be the first, just ask Bimbo Bradfield, oh wait he ODed,,,, after carrying 00 buck for many years, to bad I ran out of 30;30s before I got the clean shot! I ran that meth lab out of town!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Rwise Sorry we kinda sidetracked your post with doggie pics!! Obviously, I know nothing about security systems. That's rough that you have to carry a gun around to prevent you/GF from getting robbed!!!

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Be real careful with your booby traps. I don't know your state/country but some states will find homeowners liable for injury caused, even to robbers.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, we just tossed some scrap out the window, that's my story and I'm sticking to it,,,,maybe I need a sign that says "construction zone",,, but would I need to wear a hard hat?

I luv my dogs too!

With her limited income, this one at lowes looks good,, will take up to 8 cameras, and up-gradable to 4TB HDD, not the greatest but should do the job.

Swann Digital Wired Outdoor 4-Pack Security Camera Kit with Night Vision

Comment

She went with the Swan system, hardest part was running the wires (drilling holes) and mounting the cameras. She will not use all the features (dont fill up the email with alerts or the phone). I pre-aimed the cameras, 1 needs a tad of adjustment yet shows the area needed as is. It is easy enuf to use, images are clear, for $250 she will sleep better!

Comment

If your willing and able to use wireless recording I would recommend ring system. For fully wired I cant help as I have no experience with them.

Comment

Ok after installing and checking out her new system, I am thinking of installing one myself. But I would want it looking at my girls in the garden, will the IR interfere with the sleep cycle?

Comment

The GF said I have images of someone waving around a fishing pole,,, so I go and view it, she has a nice video of a spider leg in front of the camera! She did not believe me, but the next night she got a full view of it! LOL Yep thats a spider!

Comment

you should check out simply safe.
                  it may have options you would like,
                  nothing like having vidio footage of your next victim...lol

Comment

Have been looking lately myself. NEST are apparently the highest rated, followed by Arlo I believe...I'm not sure I'll purchase either, instead going for a third party brand with similar features but less cost. My biggest gripe is the range, and connection to the DVR/Network, 30' I think....if there were cameras that could piggy-back each other and extend wi-fi (wi-fi booster built in) I'd jump on it.
                    Meesta's Grow
                    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

My arlos stopped working first winter, I replaced them with ring the rings haven't seen winter yet but so far I like them better.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X