Just lost 75 GRAMS OF HASH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just lost 75 GRAMS OF HASH!!

Hello all, I’m ready to tear my hair out of my head.
    I recently made a boat load of dry ice hash for the first time following Nebulas tutorial, I used a bunch of trimmed sugar leaves and buds that I put in the freezer
    right after I did my trimming, so the material was still fresh not dried. I put all the hash that I collected and put it a mason jar, I put the lid on tight and placed the jar
    in a cupboard. I never read anywhere that I was supposed to burp the jar or anything like that so I left it alone for about a week, I went to show a close friend of
    mine and when I opened the jar it smelled rotten and sour. I dumped out the hash and noticed it also has a very spongy consistency. I threw the whole lot out because
    i didn’t want to take a chance and smoke it if it was full of mold. I don’t know if I did the right thing, but it smelled really bad. Can any of you give me any help with this
    so it doesn’t happen again? Thanks Greenleaf.

Sorry about your loss but as you made it with fresh herb it would definitely need a dry and cure. This link specifically tip 5 is a good method. https://www.bubblebag.com/blog/bubbl...g-bubble-hash/

Comment

Hi Smokesteve, thanks very much for that link, I’m just surprised that I’ve never read anything about drying and curing hash before. Oh well, now I know......
      What about dry material, can it be used to make either dry ice, or bubble? I was told that if I used dry material I’d get a lot of plant material mixed in, is that true?
      If not, I’ve got a lot of dry bud that I’d like to make some hash out of. What’s your ur opinion on using dry herb. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, you cure hash the same way you cure fresh buds.
        When making bubble hash...Yes, using dry product can contaminate the final product with undesirable plant material. What I do is soak the dry product in ice water for several hours before running it. This really helps when the material you start with is dry.
        Never tried the dry ice method, too much contamination involved. I’m a big fan of the bubble hash flavor and potency.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Toker1 What do you mean, contamination?

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The dry ice method breaks off more plant material than I like, it ends up contaminating the final product.

Thanks for the reply Toker1, that makes total sense, soaking in the water for awhile. O.K. then, that’s what I’ll do to, I’ve only done it once, and that was the dry ice method, my next run I’ll try the bubble way. And I def. will dry & cure. Hey one more question if you don’t mind, when smoking the bubble hash can I just put some in a bowl on top of the screen, or is vaping it like shatter, or wax the way to go?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vamping it is tough. Can be done, had to do that when I was traveling in Europe. It wasn’t easy, had to consistently move the product around to touch the coil. It doesn’t melt. You can smoke it out of a hash pipe. I just leave the ash inside the bowl after I smoke flower. Then I place the hash on top of the ash. I guess that is similar to your screen method described above.

I think the ashes would be better, the screen would let it melt right through. Thanks.

Comment

I’m adding this to my sig. hope it helps. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure
          Last edited by Toker1; 06-23-2019, 01:21 PM.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks Toker1

Comment

Greenleaf That is a real shame!!! I always dry my sugar leaves in brown bags before I do anything, but I see the sense in using fresh frozen leaves because the product would be so much purer that way. I make concentrate now, and even shatter (which I've made in my Source extraction machine) likes to sit and cure for a while. So I leave it in its little silicone cup with the lid slightly open in a cool dark place, and it cures up nice.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

That sounds great alltatup, I’ve been wanting to make shatter for a long time now, but I’m just not sure what equipment I would need to buy. That machine that you use,
                was it very expensive? And if you don’t mind telling me, where did you purchase it, what’s the name of the co. I should have never tried shatter because I really like it a lot.
                way better than smoking bud imo. It hits me so fast, and the high I get is a feeling I love.

Comment

Greenleaf Yeah, it was kinda expensive: $600. It's the Source by Extractcraft. I got mine on Ebay and saved $100 because seller (authorized distributor) accepted my offer of $500. This is a top-rated seller:
                Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ExtractCraft The Source Turbo Oil Extraction System at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

I'd been looking at rosin presses, but I decided that they were too limited. I love making tinctures, so I went with the Source, which can also make all different kinds of concentrates, and makes fantastic RSO without all the heat that folks usually use cooking it up. I made RSO capsules for a buddy and he was high from 9-5. Plus the Source allows me to recover around 95% of the Everclear I use (190 proof).

Here's my post on making cannabis sap or snap and pull: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-sap-from-trim. I bought the buchner filter pretty cheap on Amazon and that thing makes all the difference in the world. My sap came out beautiful.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  alltatup what is a quick wash? I have heard of redisolving in hot Ethanol then freezing to remove undesirables.
                  Not very quick though.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Greenleaf Toker1 QWET: https://extractcrafter.com/2017/06/2...ce-vs-freezer/

This guy--Ichiban--is awesome. I've learned a lot about making concentrates from him.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks!! I’ll take a look. I like shatter too, but won’t mess with butane or propane. Don’t have the proper spark proof extraction fans to make it safely. Seems like a better alternative if the terps come through In The final product.

Thanks guys, that’s all very interesting info. Just what I’m looking for. Toker1, what would a non polar solvent be? Is propane non polar? There is a co. which I can’t remember the name of right now, but sell a setup that has a closed loop, a 1gal. vacuum chamber with a heat pad, and a vacuum pump. If I’m not mistaken I believe that unit is used to make shatter. I’m pretty sure you guys have seen their products, they have bright orange trim on all their products except for the closed loop extractor. If that is a unit to make shatter, I’ll have to save up and get one. I’ll have to check out what you have alltatup. The setup I’m talking about isn’t much cheaper than what you said it cost you.

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, propane is non-polar. Only, I read propane is not as efficient at extracting cannabinoids like butane is. Which is what most extraction artists prefer. Both are volatile and should be treated with caution while making extractions.
                  I have been experimenting with using different blends of N-Butane and Propane for a few years now. I’m running an ETS MEP that is more than capable of handling the pressure of pure Propane, and so recently I have become very fond of using a high propane mix for my extracts. I keep hearing about people experiencing a “roasted” smell from using propane and recently have been told that propane “just doesn’t taste as good.” I have never experienced this smell that people are talking about, and in my...

https://shopbvv.com/collections/categories. This is the site that I was talking about. Is this what I need to make shatter?

Comment

• Greenleaf
                  Greenleaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh that’s interesting, I didn’t know that. And don’t mind me, my sense of humor gets off kiltered sometimes. I’ve seen the ovens that I think your talking about but the ones I’ve seen are really expensive. I’m a vet out on disability, so every penny has to be accounted for, but when it comes to my favorite hobby I do make sacrifices to other things if possible, I’m definitely not the most frugal when it comes to the topic of cannabis, I could buy the cheaper items but I always look for quality first.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don’t get me wrong, you can still make great product with a glass tube and a stove top. The system I am recommending will squeeze every last drip of resin off the raw product.
                  You can always go cheaper, but at the expense of efficiency (final yield). Just depends on what is important to you.

• Greenleaf
                  Greenleaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya, I totally agree with you on that.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X