Transition flushing to avoid disaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transition flushing to avoid disaster?

Currently I am going through serious difficulties with all four of my plants in the 12 12 room. I have done a total soil flush with the oldest plant and its seventh week of flowering. Last Saturday I ran 15 gallons of pH water through the pot. There in cloth pots 5-gallon promix. Anyway the flush did not stop the fern looking dying tops of the plants and it's weak and floppy and the buds can't well nevermind. All the rest of the plants in there are younger bye week or two each, and they are all headed in that direction I can see. That said, there are few things that I could have done differently. One being when I went to put them into the 12/12 room from the veg room, I did not do any sort of a flush. I simply moved them from one room to another and began the flowering nutrients. They all look beautiful absolutely beautiful until about the fourth or fifth week. And then bam.! So here's my question. When I go to move the next plant from the veg room into the 1212 room for flowering, should I do a complete soil flush meaning pouring 15 gallons of pH pure water through it, or, should I do the other kind of flush where I withhold nutrients for a watering or two.? I am desperately needing answers to what is going wrong in the flowering room. One guess is that they were overfed while in veg, and I continue to overfeed them once in the 12 12 room. If anyone can help me I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. This is a disaster for me. So I grow in 5 gallon cloth pots, I use Pro mix BX which I am soon to change that to coast of Maine but that's in the future. I am using the Botanicare nutrient line Plus I was using Bud swell and Mammoth p and molasses. I'm going to stop the bud swell the mammoth p and the molasses and use just the nutrients, at a weaker ratio. These are wild guesses as to what's going on.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

You've had that ongoing problem for some time - that being said - everything you talk about all sounds tooooo wet for my liking. Sounds like the plants are drowning and you have pulled all your hair out by this time so - it's a tough question. Something I have encountered maybe in the past. Last grow I couldn't stop one plant from getting bud rot or mold - 3 times it came back and 3 times I caught it right away and took care of what I could do. My only thought at the time was that the plant was stuck in one area and wasn't getting proper air circulation. So I fixed that.
    Maybe your air circulation or your plants are too close together or ……………......….? And what's a House of hydro foggers?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm probably not describing the problem clearly enough. The pots weigh nothing when I water them. They're definitely dry between waterings. I have a number of fans going and there's very good air circulation. A house of hydro fogger is a device that you put in the bottom of a plastic bin. It's it's a great unit to keep the humidity where I need it to be. I can't describe it you would have to Google it. Google House of hydro. Without it my humidity upstairs during the late fall, winter and spring is way too low. Like 20%. These Foggers keep each room between 40 and 50% humidity. They are on timers and sensors. When the humidity gets above 50 they shut off. I have never had any problem with Bud rot or mold. These plants are weak and limp and although the leaves on the buds look crispy they are very soft. My only idea at this point is that I may have over fed them in veg, and then when I put them in the 12 12 room I was adding Bud swell and Mammoth p to the Botanicare line of nutrients. That's when things started to go south. Prior to that I've had beautiful harvests. So I'm Flushing the rest of the plants and stopping the bud swell and Mammoth p. And reducing my amount of nutrients. Although everything in me wants to give them more nutrients. I just can't tell if they're starving or overfed any more!

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you are progressing on the right tactics - sometimes with autos, less in the nutrient dep't is better. I never give mine the full amount of nutes the producer suggests. Only time they get the most is with a tea blend or molasses.

Oh no, these are not Auto's.! They are photos! My Autos that are in the 18:6 room are doing very well.
    We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Okay - if it's happening the past couple of grows, could be a bit to do with what you are feeding them, but the more I think about it the more it sounds like the environment they are growing in could be doing the damage. I'm sure all your filters and such are clean. Cleaned out your tents recently? Maybe alter the humidity periodically - give em some carbon dioxide during the day. To do that I use a yeast/sugar/water mix.
      Hopefully you'll have better luck soon.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Canuck147, I am not growing in tents, I am growing in 2 fairly large rooms upstairs. My environment is temps between 75 and 80, humidity between 45% to 51%, plenty of air circulating around the room, and I'm excessively clean with these plants and their area. I have a large white tarp tacked down wall to wall in both rooms, which shows up any little thing that might drop on them. I keep the soil surfaces free of any plant debris. I've never had mold or bugs of any kind so far. I empty any runoff from the trays that the cloth pots are sitting on. Actually each plant is on its own rack with wheels and the rack is in a tray so that the bottom of the pot never sits actually in the tray. So these cloth pots are getting air circulation all the way around on the sides and the bottom as well. Once I empty the runoff from the trays I clean out the trays and replace it under the plant. kind of looks like a lab up there. LOL!

Greenpassion I totally feel for ya having to go through this, but keep on keepin on, cuz you may still harvest decent bud yet!! Some pictures would be very helpful--of the entire plant, and some closeups of the problems.

I don't think transition flusing is the issue; with my nutes, they really don't change all that much from veg to flower at the beginning.

Are you giving some support to the weak and floppy colas?
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. I've got yo-yos. There's like 15 yo-yos at least on this plant. I've hesitated taking pictures because I can't move the plant into natural light, because it's all tied up. And when I take pictures under the LED lighting it really doesn't depict what's going on very well at all. What I'm planning on doing with the other plants in the 12 12 room with it is when I water two of them tomorrow, I'm going to give them plain pH water. I'm not going to run 15 Gallons through each cloth pot, I'm going to try just holding off on the newts for a watering or two. Then go in at a lower quantity, - the bud swell. Turns out that the flowering bass nutrient, which is Botanicare Pro Bloom, already had bat guano in it oh, so I'm wondering if all these plants I have in the 12 12 room have a phosphorus toxicity?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Turn off the blurple lights for a second and take pictures. It won't hurt her.

• HappyDaze
        HappyDaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey @Alltatup...GreenP has been at this for a couple of days now...there's more info and pics here, https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...the-12-12-room I'm not sure why a new thread was started, the same questions have been asked and answered.

The initial observation GreenP had was that there wasn't any flow out of the pots and it took an hour to feed them. The grow media is unaltered ProMix BX...75-85% peat, of course that's going to give lousy drainage, probably leading to nute buildup. I suggested eliminating all the additives, flushing and following a basic coco feed program.

I don't know %%#$ about growing in soilless media, you can probably help more.

HappyDaze Yeah, I remember that post now, but I'm a hydro grower so I know less than nothing about soil/soil-less growing. It sounds like you're saying the medium is holding too much moisture, so to change medium for future grows.

Greenpassion What's the humidity in the flower room? It couldn't be bud rot, could it??
      Last edited by alltatup; 06-21-2019, 10:03 AM.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        the humidity is usually between around 42 and 50%. There's no sign of mold or rot. I have good moving air circulation in there as well. My portable AC unit keeps the Temps between 75 and 80 pretty consistently. Cooler overnight. Around 70.

To much overload of diff. nute solutions sounds like, soil in containers taking forever to water? KISS
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yes it's actually a soilless mix. And I'm starting to suspect the addition of molasses is causing a slower drainage. At any rate I think like you said it was too much nutrients. I'm watering them today in plain pH water, no nutrients. Next time I water, I'm going to use 1/4 strength with nothing fancy like Bud swell or anything like that.
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• HappyDaze
          HappyDaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Your sig says there's a Kind soil mix in the bottom of some of the containers, is that accurate? If so, you aren't really following their recommendations... "DO NOT ADD ANYTHING other than carbon filtered water to your grow", is what they recommend. As for base media, they recommend potting soil, not the mainly peat mix you're using. I've never used Kind products, but the recipe looks familiar enough...it's a very hot supper soil.The manufacturer has pretty strict instructions regarding pH adjustment and use of amendments.

If you're having troubles, you might want to send them an Email and get their input to resolve them. They know their product better than us web crawlers.

Hey Greenpassion live and learn we are all pulling for ya

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

I hear you! I'll keep you guys posted. And I sure appreciate your help in all this
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            GP, I'm battling gnats right now: this happened once before, quite a while ago, and I bought Gnatrol and put it in the reservoir, wiped the problem right out. Man I had a panic attack at the time, though--but not this time: I knew exactly what to do.

And the time I had really bad root rot, the buds definitely stopped growing, but I still harvested good bud--just not as much of it. I went through so much stress and anguish at the time. So I have definitely learned from the mistakes, and I think I'm getting better at taking what happens during the grow in stride. Like on my current grow, my OGKush, which was tall and luscious last time I grew her, is a little runt this time. Totally disappointing: there goes my dream of two ounces off of her!

Shit happens: some seeds are bad, even if they are prize-winning genetics: you get a dud sometimes. You just have to find the growing medium that works best for your circumstances. I've learned so much in the past 3 years of growing, and in another 3, I'll bet it's gonna be so much easier. I enjoy learning to do better and I enjoy the journey--small harvests included! ;-}

Agreed alltatup i'm not to proud at this time with my grow outdoors. My auto experiments are for me a not what I hoped. Every plant is dwarf of autos except for 2 WW autos that got the best start of all including my photos. Even my photos are not going well do to climate outside, hence I started 2 more beans. I'm thinking of many reasons I allowed this to happen and some it's just mother nature sayin "i'm the boss an when I decide warm stable temps happen they'll happen" well she is not going by my time frame. Granted it's june 21st lots of time I hope for everything to finish before fall rains start. Sheeet I may get 2 oz off both my ww autos I friggin hope. No one wants to trade with me lookin at my grow so far in my hood of growers LOL can't blame them.

Yep Greenpassion shit happens and I have older seeds i'm using except for the photos and few autos are suppose to be fresh?? We do the best we can and sometimes to much trying works against us I've had it all. But with all that said I will continue to write down what went wrong and why dates when I started things on my plants and adjust. Get frustrated also but never give up. BTW I bought some supposedly GDP at our local dispensary only bought a gram 8$ crappy lookin nothing like it should look and that's why I grow my own. I know the GDP and I have 2 going now mine will be much better looking and tastier than the old shit I bought.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah boy is this ever a learning experience! And I have taken to writing every little thing down like you guys have. I've been growing for a year now, and I've harvested some beautiful Auto and some beautiful photos. I do admit that I run for the cliff when shit like this goes wrong. I'll even go so far as to get a little depressed. But it'll pass and I'll learn and get better. At least that is my hope!
            Last edited by Greenpassion; 06-21-2019, 02:44 PM.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            It's funny how so many of us feel that same way: during my second year of growing, I started falling in love with my plants and worshipping them. They are truly amazing and we hate to "let them down." But little by little I think we grow in tune with them.

Yeah. I look forward to the moment they actually talk to me
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

We are in the same spot with the feelings right now Greenpassion. This is my passion in the spring and summer prepping and growing it's been a tough start with my plants so far. I sure hope you get yours turned around i'm all in with ours just trying to get through the puberty stage.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Well your weather should be getting it together now. Happy solstice everyone!!!

It's amazing how this endeavor of growing cannabis it's so all intensive. And the feeling you get when you look at a beautiful crop of big fat colas. And then the feeling you get when you look at off colored leaves and problems. It's quite the roller coaster I think. If I stop doing this there would be avoid in my life for sure. And I've only been doing it for a little over a year. It's funny that much of my attraction I think is the challenge but then when I'm really challenged I get anxious and upset!
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Happy daze, I just now saw what you posted earlier today about the kind of soil. I only grow my auto and kind soil and I use just water with them. The plants with the issues or the ones that I'm using regular nutrients and promix. No kind soil in there. I have found that kind soil works well for plants that are only around 3 months from seed to harvest. The ones that take longer such as the photos, the kind soil has run out if it's juice so to speak. And I've ended up having to augment to get through to harvest. But yes kind soil is just water, and you don't water to run off either or you will wash away the nutrients that's in it. My auto do really well with it. It is expensive so I'm going to be making my own in a few weeks from now. I'm also moving more towards autos as my main crop and photos a little less. The reason is because my electricity bill is 400 a month with these two rooms. It's a total of 12 LED lights, too House of hydro Foggers and two portable air conditioners running. If I can get enough smaller autos under a set of 6 LED lights, I'll be able to have the year that I do with four of my big photos. I've been getting 5 ounces dried each plant from my pure power plant and Wonder Woman photos. So it's a little hard to go back down to smaller plants like the auto, but I could probably get 3 to 4 oz of dried per Auto providing I have the right strain and conditions. Right?
              We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
              8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• HappyDaze
                HappyDaze commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't grown any autos, but I've seen Carol 's grow pics. If you can follow her lead, you'll be buried in buds.

You're probably already aware that you'll need to let the super soil cook for a month...don't take a shortcut there or you'll burn 'em.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X